Top Thrill Might lose its record in 2005, Possibly.

Umm this coaster wouldn't be going in at Six Flags MM, it would be going in SFGA....in New England
MW, SFGAdv is in Jackson, New Jersey, but no harm no foul... ;)

Boatman said:
Hey Eric H.:

But for Six Flags fans (do they really exist?), one might argue that all Dragster did was go a little higher (what, about 20 feet) than Superman at Magic Mountain while completing a full coaster circuit, which is a noteworthy achievement.

But of course, CP argues that Superman isn't really a coaster. Frankly, I'd like to get a rollback on Dragster to get a bit of an idea of what Superman is like. But in 20-plus rides, it has yet to happen.

I am a Six Flags fan. I find that you can actually vacation somewhere cool for an extended period of time AND plan a trip to the amusement park during the same trip. I mean, common, who (in general) spends any time in Northern Ohio?

I never had a rollback on TTD, but I did ride Superman: The Escape. The launch is okay (lame by today's launching standards but keep in mind its almost 10). The tower is awesome though because you get the longest feeling of weightlessness I've ever seen on a ride. Not to mention I absolutely love how loud Superman is. Sounds like a screaming jet, makes you feel like you have to ride it.

I mean, common, who (in general) spends any time in Northern Ohio?

<sigh>

Is it time for the "except for Cedar Point that place is boring" thread again? I'm not playing this time.

*** Edited 8/1/2004 6:27:17 PM UTC by Walt***

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

LOL!

MrScott

Mayor, Lighthouse Point

Hey i live in Northern Ohio. Yeah it's boring during the winter sometimes unless you ski or snowboard, but their is still stuff to do.

By the way has anybody even seen a "Cedar Point is building towards the future" signs at the park. Because you saw them about this time back when they were building TTD. *** Edited 8/1/2004 6:42:42 PM UTC by raptorman95***

Shockley

The University of Toledo 2010

Raptor Rides-363

If it is...I'll find some six flags MM fansite and go prove to them that CP ownz them. Simply because we have had the world's tallest coaster record 4 times! The fastest 4 times too...maybe 3? Can't remember Gemini at the moment.
I'm with you on that! What is it, CP has like 8 record breaking coasters in total, that's astounding!

-Eagle-

Smoking Marijuana isn't a bad thing or even a good one, like everything else, its what you make of it.

Every year theres a possibility that TTD may lose its title
Who ever sayed that cedar points recorde breaking coaster are not that good then you most be ride diffant ride then everr one else b/c the 3 ride that have been in the past 4 years are sweet and fun and trilling
What language are you speaking?

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

I should be surprised...but I'm not. Perhaps our children need to spend more time in Microsoft Word and less time on the internet.

"You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world...but it requires people to make the dreams a reality."

-Walt Disney

The summer has gotten to him.
Jeff, I suspect thepoint4life is speaking Engrish

I'd rather die living than live like I'm dead

YEs sorry
English, in it's rawest form. Just above grunts and whistles, actually.

MrScott

Mayor, Lighthouse Point

You CP fans are too easily threatened. The second you think your status of worlds tallest roller coaster is being challenged you go crazy. When Japan built Steel Dragon most of you developed a personal dislike towards Japan because they stole your record. Now you start talking about six flags when there is only a possibilty that they could build a taller rollercoaster.

Just to let you know, six flags is in a lot of debt. But SFGA is one of, if not, their most popular park. So it would make sense to put a 25+ million dollar ride in that park becuase they'll make the money back at that park. Basically six flags rewards parks that do well and less popular parks don't get improved. So it is possible that SFGA could get a huge coaster.

Go Ravens and Lakers, don't worry, we'll bounce back.

X at SFMM is frickin awesome, it's a must ride for all coaster fans.

Miami Heat: Now Diesel Powered!

I don't feel threatened...does anyone else?

MrScott

Mayor, Lighthouse Point

Who said we were threatened? I most certainly am not. Besides, MF was the first coaster to exceed 300ft and TTD was the frist to exceed 400ft, I would rather have these records than to have the tallest record. But wait, we got both! And fastest!
There you go making excuses again. "Oh, we were the first to do it so we're better." If people make a better 400 ft coaster then it doesn't matter if u were the first to do it. What matters is what coaster is more fun to ride. And as of know CP has that roller coaster, so you all can calm down for now and just wait to see what happens. No reason to talk about six flags and get all mad at them and intamin for trying to possibly build a bigger ride than CP.

Go Ravens and Lakers, don't worry, we'll bounce back.

X at SFMM is frickin awesome, it's a must ride for all coaster fans.

Miami Heat: Now Diesel Powered!

I like you.. you're funny. Oh, I forgot too, Magnum was the first to exceed 200ft. My bad. *** Edited 8/2/2004 8:46:40 PM UTC by DubbSlaw3***

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service