Top Thrill Dragster 2022 Status

That canned narration, tho. Can’t they hire a voice over actor? Hell, I’ll do it for cheap, lol.

I'd say the preponderance of the evidence (as in more for than against) at this point suggests that elToroRyan was correct.

You have to be delusional at this point if you actually still believe that the only thing happening is a launch conversion and all this work below Iron Dragon is just a coincidence.

FortMason:

You have to be delusional at this point if you actually still believe that the only thing happening is a launch conversion and all this work below Iron Dragon is just a coincidence.

Yep or that this is just pond maintenance.

I wonder what the construction for the footer/ foundation of the tower for TTD looked like. Maybe it was something similar to what we are seeing here. Time will tell, but I'm starting to lean towards team spike.

I got some info from someone on the ride engineering side. They said it’s going to be a forward launch part way up the tower, reverse up the spike, and then forward once more to clear the tower. Wouldn’t say anything more, including which manufacturer is doing all of this (they work for a third-party, not the manufacturer) but I tried!

Nothing ground breaking here, and no reason for anyone to believe some random Internet poster anyway, but I trust that this person gave me good info. So take from it what you will.

I’ll take it as completely false as no one with any common sense who works on those projects would openly talk about it with anyone in the public before anything is officially announced by the park.

^ You think nobody ever leaks?

Do you realize that Deep Throat was Mark Felt, not Linda Lovelace?

I can't imagine being in the project and telling someone. And if I told someone I thought I could trust and they post it on some forum on the internet, I'd be pretty disappointed in that person. I guess some people can't be trusted. It takes a pretty terrible person to spread that type of information they were given in confidence. That's embarrassing.

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

mgou58:

I’ll take it as completely false as no one with any common sense who works on those projects would openly talk about it with anyone in the public before anything is officially announced by the park.

Are you sure about that? This isn't a government secret we're talking about here. And hell, even those are being found where they shouldn't be.

vwhoward:

I can't imagine being in the project and telling someone. And if I told someone I thought I could trust and they post it on some forum on the internet, I'd be pretty disappointed in that person. I guess some people can't be trusted. It takes a pretty terrible person to spread that type of information they were given in confidence. That's embarrassing.

Lol, bro chill. The person on the project probably knows that by now in the construction phase, we know there is likely going to be a spike. Plus the information given by High Flyer is basically nothing that we already didn't know (if a spike is indeed being built). The conversation probably went like this:

High flyer: it looks like there will be a spike
Insider: yup, but I can't tell you anything else.

It's more embarrassing that you are clutching your pearls about it.

argues just for clicks

Nah...it speaks to a person character. But ok.

Joe

Are you saying you look down on someone working construction who tells other people what they're constructing?

I doubt someone doing construction work is going to know anything about how the ride is going to be programmed.

^^Reading is hard, huh?

Joe

Once again, as usual, there’s such a mass amount of assumption going on here, starting with the notion that anyone working on the project is thinking about enthusiasts with every swing of the hammer.

And let’s not be so quick to think of High Flyer as an out and out liar. The person they spoke with may be their neighbor, their dad, their uncle, or someone who’s a drunk with loose lips. Once I was sitting at Thirsty Pony on the off season and there were some guys at the bar in logo-wear from Cleveland that were contractors on Steel Vengeance. I stuck up a conversation and they basically told me anything I wanted to know. Almost as if no one told them to keep it on the Q.T.
Or as if they’d had a few drinks and didn’t care.

vwhoward:

It takes a pretty terrible person to spread that type of information they were given in confidence.

You have no idea what the circumstances were or what expectations the person who gave me this info had. I’m not going into anything more specific than what I already shared, but I will say that I did not betray their confidence.

It’s pretty crazy that you would immediately jump to calling me a terrible person and assuming I betrayed someone’s trust by posting. I think that says a lot about you.

Sure...whatever helps you sleep at night.

Joe

Anyway... It is looking more likely that some amount of layout change is happening. Let's assume that any leaks that have come out are true and that this work by ID is indeed for some type of launch modification. Let's speculate.

I am going to guess that the reverse spike is not going to break 400 feet. Some have suggested a 500-foot spike to take back the height record. I doubt CP cares about that at all. I might also guess that we might get some type of bunny hill mid-launch. As much as I would want more layout changes, I don't think that is going to happen.

What do you guys think?

argues just for clicks

New drone footage shows rebar lining the entire triangular footer area ready for concrete. Not gonna lie, at one point when they were filling the whole triangle with gravel I had my doubts that it was for Dragster, but now it’s not a question at all. It’s for a spike - 100% - but how tall? I’m hoping for a bunny hop on the launch out. A 100mph+ airtime moment would be amazing.

CP Alum ‘06-‘10

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service