To Expect in 2002

I think the Gemini paint job was an improvement. It reminds you of the psycadelic times of when it was built in the '70's. :)

Fordman, creating noise about your ### post is probably why it was deleted. I don't have anything against it, but it doesn't add to the conversation.

-------------
MF count: 23

Sorry, I just felt I had made an accomplishment, even though it was a small one. I am sorry to anyone of which that had annoyed.

-----------------
Cedar Point, the cure for the Summertime blues!

*** This post was edited by Fordman on 3/8/2002. ***

Regarding Gemini--
I actually kind of like the exterior, the primary, highly-saturated colors on the front of the building.

It's that awful light purple color on the back side and interior that I hate!

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

CP_Bound: "psychadelic times of the 70's" - 1978 was not exactly a psychadelic year. You're about 8-10 years too late there.

-- Harley

-----------------
CP fan since 68.

Well, it is in the 70's though...when young people think 70's they think about people using "mind expanding drugs while having sexual relations with multiple partners."

Anyway, what about Magnum being called Psycadelica in 1989...now wouldn't that have been out of place.

-------------
MF count: 23

*** This post was edited by CP_bound on 3/8/2002. ***

From what I could see when I was last at CP, they weren't retracking Gemini, they were redoing the catwalk on the lift...which was needed!!!!

-----------------
"the Wafer King"
spritekw@yahoo.com

yeah, I would have reather had Dodgem 2 go--the ugly one next to the Wildcat.

Something new to expect in '02 is a longer wait in the Magnum station as they have added the gates to the magnum station or as Dave likes to call them the kiddie crushers.

-----------------
Danny J
Magnum Count: 2166
www.spiritofthepoint.com

If they run 'em right, it won't make a difference. If they don't run 'em right, or if the controls are interlocked so that they can't, the crew is going to raise hell at all the running around they have to do to reset stacked trains.

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

The big question is will the gate automatically open or will they be spring loaded with electromagnetic locks like the ones on Power Tower or DP's Talon?

-----------------
Scott W. Short, Rail Junkie
mailto:scott@midwestcoastercentral.com
http://www.midwestcoastercentral.com

Scott, from the descriptions I have heard, the ones on Talon are different from the ones on Power Tower: the ones on Power Tower are spring-loaded to open and held closed with a magnetic lock. So when the lock releases, the door flies open, then the attendant closes it manually. I presume this is not the case on Talon.

If they do use a magnetic lock system, which makes perfect sense to me (see my comments earlier this winter about Gemini) I hope they invested in a couple of Hampton buzzers to serve as a signal to riders to go ahead and open the doors...!

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service