To Expect in 2002

Don't worry Midway...You aren't the only one who has had that experience...Those shoulder bars just won't stay up long enough to allow someone to get out...I have had that thing hit me in the head more than once...I also find myself always having to pull it up so I can get in...Plus, I have already mentioned it before but for all the guys...Do beware of the Mantis...That seat can come right back up and get you where it counts if you're not careful when getting out...I think they should take that point off the front of the seat...that's what causes it to hurt...They should install a bench right there in the platform to sit down on in case you have that experience because you'll need it...It also gives everyone in the station a good laugh... :)
I am not immune to the terrible head-bashing Corkscrew bars.
Speaking of Corkscrew, the man responsible for being adament about the ride passing over the midway has retired. It was in the most recent Amusement Today issue.
I hope they used soe money to fix the monster. I worked it last year, it's brakes were almost gone.

I was heartbroken when I heard they bulldozed Dodgem 1

anyone else?

Dodgem 1 was better than 2. Oh well.

They took out Dodgems 1 ;-( I am sad now.

"At Least look At Me When You Shoot A Bullet Through My Head."

cpoint14 said:
They should get something like that ride a Shliterban (I forgot the name of it.)

-----------------
A lap bar is all you need!
My really bad website ~ www.expage.com/coasterpoint

I think you mean "Master Blaster". The coaster water ride. If I'm ever in Texas thats one place I'm stopping.

-----------------
This second hill is my favorite part of the ride. It is so Cool!
Gemini 100
"Hello, I've seemed to glue myself to myself" AP2
Raptor Flights: 504

I hope they fixed the brakes on the corkscrew as well...Not only is that a very unbearable ride which can almost guarantee you a headache..but now I need to worry about the brakes not working...Oh well...I guess I'l risk it anyways...

Daniel Cambarare said:
I hope they used soe money to fix the monster. I worked it last year, it's brakes were almost gone.

I guess I'll be able to tell you if they fixed the breaks or not. Also, could you maybe email me a few pointers? :) Some useful stuff I should know about working it?

-----------------
- Chris -
Computer Science - Ashland University
Witches' Wheel/Monster - 2002
3rd Shift Trash Removal - 2001

Hopefully they will try and remove all the gum from the "Gum Hallway" of the Meanstreak! LOL! :)

-----------------
ENJOY THE REST OF YOUR DAY HERE AT CEDAR POINT...AMERICA'S ROCKIN ROLLER COAST. *CLEAR*

I second you on that one Midway Man. As many times as I walked that it never ceased to disgust me. Yuck. If only people would respect things. Ahh but I think that's just beating a dead horse.

-----------------
Mean Streak Rules!
MS 2001 Count- 353

nobody mentioned the re-track of MS!!!

lol

is it for real,

and where vertigo was, another S&S attraction, don't know what, but maybe that bunge thing they showed @ the show in Florida.!

MS is retracked every off-season. Just not all of the track.

Jeffrey Spartan said:
Where do you think the new foodd by Maggy is going Annie?

Jeffrey, you just gave the Magnum a specific gender with you're nickname for it...lol :)

-----------------
Annie

CP & LE RR Crew '01
ATL Swings and Swans '02
"We have no food..we have no money..OUR PETS HEADS ARE FALLING OFF!!!"

Yeah, Millie and Maggie...:)

-------------
MF count: 23

Freakoboy127 said:
So are they gonna paint Mantis or what?

I think they should Jay.

-----------------
Agent Stinky

Dippin' Dots--the cheap way to dispose of CP gravel!

This is what I don't get... Gemini wasn't scheduled for a paint job, but it got one. Mantis is scheduled for one, but it sounds like it won't get one...
-------------
2000 - Cedar Downs, WildCat crews
2001 - ...too many to list :0)
2002 - Wave Swinger - Swan Boats TL
I agree with Dave, those pastels are horrible. Gemini isn't the Easter coaster or anything..

-----------------
--------------------
Back from lurking
New account, same name
KW 2002

If anyone saw the picture from the Plain Dealer article, it showed Gemini being retracked. The wood was a bright tan if you will. It will look like a brand new ride when it is all completed!

-----------------
"I can see Canadaaaaaaaaahhhh!" - Me atop of Magnum.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service