(This isn't 1991!) You know it's crowded when...

Ripcord said:

topthrilldragster4lyf said:

So first you imply that the (relatively) long wait for Mean Streak indicates popularity, then you confess that the park was simply packed everywhere. Which is it?

Wow take a chill pill.

If only that had anything to do with what I said, it might be a valid contribution to the forums.

Alas, it does not.

Personal attacks? Low. Very low.

Last edited by topthrilldragster4lyf,

CoasterGuy15 said:
Hexed (4 times because it was literally a walk on).

Wouldn't you mean a walk in? :P

Question: Why is it packed on colombus day? It's not like anyone above the third grade celebrates it.

Burritos, Inspiration Point, Fork Balloon Sports, Cards in the Spokes, Automatic Biographies, Kites, Kung Fu, Trophies, Banana Peels We've Slipped On and Egg Shells We've Tippy Toed Over

• It's celebrated by Ohio state employees..

2015 Holidays

Columbus Day – 10/12

Last edited by joshjv,

I don't ever remember getting Columbus Day off when I was in school. And who else but the post office and government gets today off?

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

I work for the government and I don't have today off.

The Monday on which Columbus Day is celebrated in some parts of the country is also the Monday that is Thanksgiving Day in Canada. So, I wouldn't be surprised if some Canadian guests take advantage of the long weekend as well.

Me and my wife went once one Columbus Day weekend. A saturday. She bitched so much about the lines we left within the first hour or so. We had passes so it wasn't a big deal, but I was still pissed off at her about it for awhile. I hadn't checked in here for awhile so I figured the biggest holiday weekend of the year would bring in lots of comments. Not suprised at all that it was packed. Our next trip to CP isn't for a few weeks.

As far a mean streak. Of course this thread and your pictures are going to get all the haters of Mean Streak going. Because as far as they are concerned "nobody" likes it and it has got to be torn down to build a 30 million dollar ride of their liking. It doesn't even matter that CP is finding land to build coasters on. These haters are so shortsighted that the only place in the park that their dream rollercoaster can be built is in that spot. If it's not good enough for them to ride then "nobody" likes to ride it. On a normal day there could many rides with walk on waits, but they always go after Mean Streak.

We went to KI last weekend and got my first ride on Beast this year. It was a hell of a lot worse than any ride on Mean Streak that I've had since the retracking work done to Mean Streak. It wasn't very fun of a ride. I still love the rides I get on Mean Streak. I think the MS will stay for a long time

Two weeks ago I heard some first time riders get off of Mean Streak happy and describing it as fun. We don't all love the same things. The park has so many coasters that I don't see why anyone feels the need to wish any particular coaster to be gone just because they hate it. Just walk a little farther down the midway and ride something else.

redsfan said:
Me and my wife went once one Columbus Day weekend. A saturday. She bitched so much about the lines we left within the first hour or so. We had passes so it wasn't a big deal, but I was still pissed off at her about it for awhile. I hadn't checked in here for awhile so I figured the biggest holiday weekend of the year would bring in lots of comments. Not suprised at all that it was packed. Our next trip to CP isn't for a few weeks.

As far a mean streak. Of course this thread and your pictures are going to get all the haters of Mean Streak going. Because as far as they are concerned "nobody" likes it and it has got to be torn down to build a 30 million dollar ride of their liking. It doesn't even matter that CP is finding land to build coasters on. These haters are so shortsighted that the only place in the park that their dream rollercoaster can be built is in that spot. If it's not good enough for them to ride then "nobody" likes to ride it. On a normal day there could many rides with walk on waits, but they always go after Mean Streak.

We went to KI last weekend and got my first ride on Beast this year. It was a hell of a lot worse than any ride on Mean Streak that I've had since the retracking work done to Mean Streak. It wasn't very fun of a ride. I still love the rides I get on Mean Streak. I think the MS will stay for a long time

Not sure where you're coming from with The Beast, but I respect your oppinion. I found the beast to be very well maintained and actually pretty smooth. But, the trick with these 3-row car coasters is to sit in the middle row of the car.

CP Top 5: 1) Steel Vengeance 2) Maverick 3) Magnum 4) Raptor 5) Millennium

Honestly the Beast was amazingly smooth compared to what I expected. The only parts that really hurt were the approach to the 2nd lift and the entrance to the final helix, which was enough to readjust my neck. The Beast is just plain intense versus bumpy, IMO.

In comparison, The Racer was a lot more painful and in dire need of retracking than either Beast or Mean Streak. It's a non-intense layout ruined by all the bumpiness through the corners and at the crests of the hills.

Beast isn't bad if you're in a middle seat, but you don't want to sit over the wheels.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

I can also vouch that Beast was running pretty smooth despite sitting above the wheels in a front row of a car. There were a couple of bounces here and there, but nothing that would really pulverize me like Mean Streak does. I give the park mad props for how well they take care of the Beast despite its size and scope.

Went over the weekend with a group of 10 people. It was the only weekend that worked for everyone in our group, and I didn't read the warnings about Columbus Day weekend until after the trip was already planned. I was a bit concerned before we went, but was actually pleasantly surprised. We stayed at Lighthouse Point and had early entry both days, which made a big difference.

Friday night was great. We walked on Maverick, Rougarou, PipeScream, Raptor, Gatekeeper, Maxair, and Iron Dragon. Waited about 40 minutes for Cornstalkers. Probably could have done more, but we were pretty relaxed on Friday, and spent a lot of time concentrating on beer.

Saturday we went straight to Millennium Force and waited about 15 minutes, then went to Maverick and waited 40 minutes. Pretty reasonable. Early in the day the park wasn't too bad, but it started getting busier as the day went on. Dragster was in and out of commission all day, and part of our group waited a hour in line, only for it to break down as soon as they got to the platform. By late afternoon the lines were huge everywhere, but we had pretty much been on everything we wanted at that point.

Really it wasn't that bad. Had we not gone Friday night I probably would feel differently, but between Friday night and all day Saturday we managed to get a lot in. I would do it again.

We bankers get Columbus Day off, too. But I knew better then to go to this park over the Columbus Day weekend. Instead my family and I did Phoenix Phall Phunfest at Knoebel's. Let me just say that that little hidden gem of an event also was extremely busy this past weekend, as well!

After getting home Sunday afternoon a relative of mine who had gone with us, stopped into Cedar Point Sunday evening on his way home. He said he wished he hadn't due to the crowds on Sunday, as well.

Besides, I was fortunate enough be selected for the video shoot on Monday and I think we got the last of the really nice warm daytime rides on Millennium Force for this season.

Looks to be super cold and nasty this weekend, hopefully everyone stays home.

I'll bundle up

Look for me, I'll be the frozen Okie.

I'm going to try Friday. Looks like borderline icky but also Ohio kids have no school Friday so I wonder if that will play in at all with crowds.

Paisley said:
I'm going to try Friday. Looks like borderline icky but also Ohio kids have no school Friday so I wonder if that will play in at all with crowds.

It definitely will play in with the crowds. I know a few people who are planning on going because of that (I'm a high school student) and I'm just going to stay away. Although, it's supposed to be really cold.

CP Top 5: 1) Steel Vengeance 2) Maverick 3) Magnum 4) Raptor 5) Millennium

redsfan said:

Sorry, couldn't disagree more. Beast at night is flat out amazing - honestly one of my favorite rides and simply a classic. Beast any time is 100x better than Mean Streak. To each their own. Every time I am at KI though, the public seems to agree with me as it always has a long line late at night and people even stay and wait despite them closing temporarily for fireworks.

Last edited by MDOmnis,

-Matt

100% agree! Beast at night is absolutely amazing. Sprawling coaster + deep in the woods = wonderful.

I'm a Marxist, of the Groucho sort.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service