Summer 2003 Employment Questions

Hey, those of you who have worked at CP in the past, what percent of the crew actually drinks / does drugs openly? (Just an educated guess.) I have heard from friends that sometimes its really bad, and sometimes its no problem. What do you think?
------------------
"Uhhh I don't think my restraint is supposed to move like this. . ."
LIVE ENTERTAINMENT asked:

Hey, those of you who have worked at CP in the past, what percent of the crew actually drinks / does drugs openly? (Just an educated guess.) I have heard from friends that sometimes its really bad, and sometimes its no problem. What do you think?

As to the crew that I was on this year, mostly everyone drank, but never at work, and there were only a couple of times that I can remember that someone came in with a bad hangover. There were only two or three people that I knew who did drugs. My first year at CP I inadvertently befriended the drug crowd. None of the people were on my crew, they were from a couple different departments. Being a very naive 18 year old at the time, I was shocked to see how all these people were so into the stuff. I think it just depends really on the people you hang out with...if this year had been my only year at the Point, then I probably would have said I didn't think there were a lot of users, but from past experience there is actually (or at least was) a small network of people into that stuff.

I kind of rambled - you asked if a lot of people drank/did drugs openly. Well from my experience, everyone at Louie's was pretty open about drinking...although if you're underage you try to be a little discreet. No one I knew was very obvious about using drugs, it was pretty much just kept between them and the people they knew. Nobody did drugs at work - well, to the best of my knowledge, anyway.

Your friend is right about it being bad sometimes and other times not a problem - it just depends on who you hang out with :)

Yea it was the same way in '80 cept the drinkin age for 3.2 was 18.....I never knew of anyone who was actively drinking/drugging at work...Although i was still drunk a bunch of times from the night before..Getting served semi-hard (imagine that now) alcohol was not difficult at the time..And I would bring my supply to work for my afterwork playing in the park..I had a very small duffle bag, it was about the size of a 6-pack; I would toss what obstensively was my "lunch" into the back of the refrigerator..What was really neat about my boss is that he would let me take my scheduled break for the last half hour of my shift, thus I would change clothes and go clock out and drink myself into a stupor, chase girls and ride coasters.
paragraphs are good...

------------------
Natalie
Mine Ride '99
Thunder Canyon '00
Millennium Force '01

Lee, I dont think that article was by Kurt. It was from the Libertarian Party Website. lp.org.. Check it out. I vote for those guys every chance I get.
Voting for Libertarians, man ... that's like fighting for peace ...

------------------
Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill.

No I vote Libertarian because I am sick and tired of watching my civil rights disapear down the "slippery slope" to fascism!
Wow, I think kjetski gets the record for the longest single post I've ever seen!

------------------
-Chris Woodard
"If you're standing in an uncomfortable position, that means you are in the right position because you are riding Mantis!" - Mantis ride op doing spiels on closing day.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service