Soak City 2016

Better to be safe than sorry. You never know what could happen in this world today.

"Hey, what's that in your speedo by the groin area, dude? Is that a glock??!!!!"

CP Top 5: 1) Steel Vengeance 2) Maverick 3) Magnum 4) Raptor 5) Millennium

What on Earth is anyone going to hide in a swimsuit that a wanding is going to find? Especially women's two piece really...

For early entry on Father's Day, the set up for security was ridiculous. They had us wait in a line to get checked and then go to the back of a second line to get in. By the time we got in, it was 10:50 when early entry starts at 10:30.

When they checked our bags, we had a few towels and a cooler full of drinks on top, with all of our sunscreen and smaller items on the bottom. They lifted up a few towels (not even getting to look at the bottom) and opened the cooler and looked at two bottles on top. That was their idea of a "security check". We could have easily brought in multiple guns into the park. If you're going to go through the trouble to do a security check, might as well do it right. Just my two cents :)

1999: First visit
Halloweekends- Harvest Fear, Tombstone Terror-Tory
Ride Operations- Professor Delbert’s Frontier Fling

When did they start with early entry at Soak City? I had no idea about this. I thought it was just CP an hour before opening time.

Paul

Go Intamin said:

"Hey, what's that in your speedo by the groin area, dude? Is that a glock??!!!!"

"That's one word for it."

Go Intamin said:

"Or are you just happy to see me?"

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

Bubbles pool was cleaned up and was nice and inviting today.

Yes it was and very busy. Now if they could ever open the season with a clean pool and deck, that would be nice.

Steve Shives
First Cedar Point Visit - 1972
Dockholder-Cedar Point Marina

My first trip to Soak City was a couple weeks ago when we had a 90° Saturday. I've been a season passholder for 4 years now and my GF AND I decided to give it a try. Good day for it, right? Well everything was going well until she wanted to hit up the wave pool. When we got into the water, it literally felt like we were swimming in a hot cup of soup! The water was not refreshing at all! It felt just as hot as the outside temps!! Anyone else experience this ??

some of the pools have capabilities of being heated so that's a possibility. We were there Sunday and the wave pool was fine temperature wise.

Steve Shives
First Cedar Point Visit - 1972
Dockholder-Cedar Point Marina

Why is the lazy river so gross this year? I went last week with 2 families who had never been and it was embarrassing because even the kids noticed how slimy the bottom was and everything that was floating in it. Don't they know what a skimmer and vacuum are? I've never experienced that before at Soak City and was disappointed.

Pete,

I was at Bubbles the same day you were on June 26th, but I didn't see you there.

Jake Padden
13-Tiques/Wave Swinger
12-Camp Snoopy; Tiques/Wave Swinger
11-CP & LE Railroad Platform; Cedar Creek Mine Ride; Tiques/Wave Swinger

I was there from about 2:00 until 4:00. I usually hang out with a group of people on the side of the pool that is next to the beach walk.

Pete said:

I was there from about 2:00 until 4:00. I usually hang out with a group of people on the side of the pool that is next to the beach walk.

That's why I missed seeing you, I was at the bar on the side facing the hot tub by Magnum.

Jake Padden
13-Tiques/Wave Swinger
12-Camp Snoopy; Tiques/Wave Swinger
11-CP & LE Railroad Platform; Cedar Creek Mine Ride; Tiques/Wave Swinger

I was discussing with a friend and my husband just recently how weird it is that there can be someone in the park you know maybe even a whole group and you can go the entire day and never see them but you will pass the same strangers over and over and over.

Usually the only people I ever see over and over are people that are quite obviously enthusiasts. Maybe because they catch my attention easier.

CP Top 5: 1) Steel Vengeance 2) Maverick 3) Magnum 4) Raptor 5) Millennium

I've noticed the reappearing stranger phenomenon my whole life. But maybe it stands to reason at a park as it's entirely likely that different groups can and will take the same path around the park, hit the same rides, and basically be on the same schedule.

I had a strange occurance years ago at Magic Kingdom when we took an impromptu trip over a very, very busy Thanksgiving weekend. About 2/3 of the way thru day one we were standing in front of Cinderella Castle and turned around to run smack into a couple of our dear friends from home. Neither one knew the other was even going. Really, what were the odds of that?

That just happened to my parents at the Traverse City Cherry Festival today: they were walking around and ran into friends of theirs from a few towns over.

I'm a Marxist, of the Groucho sort.

I can top that. I was riding a metro-bus in Munich, Germany, with my parents when a couple got on the bus and kept staring at us. Finally the lady got up and ask my mother if she was from Ohio. When mom said yes, she identified herself. They grew up as neighbors, in Toledo, and hadn't seen each other in close to 30-years.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service