Soak City 2016

Funny you say that there is nothing to do on the beach! Cause My friends and I walked in front of breakers during CoasterMania and they had a DJ out there playing music on the beach! New Vollyball nets, a giant chess board, and other games! Fire pits at night in front of breakers! All kinds of stuff out there!! It looks like the place to be!!

RollerCoasters and Rock Concerts! Life in the fast Lane!!

noggin said:

Shades said:

When I think of a lake theme I think of old people sitting on deck chairs.

If only there were things young people could do on or by the lake, like swim, ski, sail, sunbathe, play volleyball....

Everything you asked for is already there and being used. I played a round of beach volleyball Saturday morning before going in the park. Go out of one of the gates there, you'll see it all right infront of you. There was even a group that carried in cornhole to play.

http://www.the-lake-effect.com/cedarpoint.html

Last edited by thedevariouseffect,

Corkscrew, Power Tower, Magnum, & Monster/ Witches Wheel Crew 2011

Noggin wasn't questioning whether there was stuff to do by the lake; he was countering Shades's argument that a lake theme inherently means leather-skinned old ladies with white floppy hats.

Why yes Henry, I would care for another mint julep, thank you very much. I'll be over in my chair...

Sarcasm is sometimes not easily detected, my bad :P

Please pass the Julep. Extra Bourbon please. It's been an interesting day haha

Corkscrew, Power Tower, Magnum, & Monster/ Witches Wheel Crew 2011

You know what Soak City needs? Dive-in movies like Wildwater Kingdom has and like they used to do at Geauga lake. My kids are always bugging me to go to those things. I think they would be cool but I'm less interested in driving home form Wildwater Kingdom late at night at night than I am Soak City.

Had my first ever visit to Soak City Friday (despite going to CP nearly every year since I was young) and I liked the layout way better than KI. However, it does need a bit of cleaning up. While I like the actual lazy river, it was dirty. Hoping it gets a little love because we plan on going again next year.

As dirty as CP Soak City is sometimes, KI's is WAY worse. Leaves all throughout the lazy river, and just a sense of dirtiness. Dorney's waterpark has a great slide collection, but it's too bad that the lines are too long to ride them. I guess that's what you get when a waterpark is included with admission. Then again, it just means shorter lines at the dry park.
TL;DR: Separate Admission waterparks have advantages.

I went to Kings Island and Soak City last year, and when comparing the two, I would say Soak City was definitely dirtier than the water park at Kings Island. Though I went to Soak City on a very busy weekend in July and Kings Island in the beginning of August if that makes a difference.

At Soak City for the first time this season today and I gotta say, it's very underwhelming, very dirty, and very outdated. I sincerely hope this is the next area to get a facelift because it desperately needs it. Especially when compared to the facelift improvements made to the other areas of the park. Not to mention there's never been a true entrance to soak city. You just kinda stumble upon it either through the Magnum gate or through the horrifically understaffed main SC gate. I don't doubt the park is aware of the state of Soak City. Hopefully the investment is sooner, rather than later.

CF has clearly been spending loads of dough on CP. With splashing safari and others raising the bar, it's inevitable that a SC refresh is imminent. Further expanding upon the multi-day destination business model.

Do you mean Splashin' Safari at Holiday World? I can't think of many places that would influence improvements to Soak City less.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Soak City is welcome to add one of those huge "waterslide-coaster" things that Splashin Safari has. Could the success of rides like that be considered "influential" in that case?

Interesting that the challenge park never even posted hours for the season. So Ripcord and Challenge Golf are open until.... an hour after park closing I'm assuming like usual?

I assume if the park does a SC expansion next year, Ripcord and Challenge Golf will just be considered extra pay attractions and the whole "Challenge Park" name will go defunct.

Ripcord and Challenge Golf close at the same time as the park.

Skyhawk2001 said:
Soak City is easily the worst waterpark in the Cedar Fair chain when it comes to their slide collection, but the atmosphere with Magnum going through the waterpark is unmatched. I personally find the 1980s feel to be nostalgic and it fits the area well.

The 1980's were over when Soak City opened...

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

/X\ *** Respect rides. They do not respect you. ***
/XXX\ /X\ /X\_ _ /X\__ _ _____
/XXXXX\ /XXX\ /XXXX\_ /X\ /XXXXX\ /X\ /XXXXX
_/XXXXXXX\_/XXXXX\_/XXXXXXX\_/XXX\_/XXXXXXX\__/XXX\__/XXXXXX

CeeJay7 said:
Once again I am complaining about their being no restrooms by bubbles and they wonder why people don't leave the pool.

Why do you think they call it "Bubbles"? :)

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

/X\ *** Respect rides. They do not respect you. ***
/XXX\ /X\ /X\_ _ /X\__ _ _____
/XXXXX\ /XXX\ /XXXX\_ /X\ /XXXXX\ /X\ /XXXXX
_/XXXXXXX\_/XXXXX\_/XXXXXXX\_/XXX\_/XXXXXXX\__/XXX\__/XXXXXX

I think Soak City needs to color the concrete with different colors and designs, like Splash Mountain at Jolly Roger amusement park in Ocean City, MD.

I think Soak City needs to wet the concrete down with some sort of sprinkling system. I have to take sandals and leave them at the entrance to everything I ride or my feet burn really bad.

My family and I went to soak city this past week end. The restroom at soak city's front entrance was dirty. They were checking people's bags and also metal detecting people as they walked in.The were even checking 3 and 4 year old kids back packs. What would you really think they would find in there. They were even metal detecting women in their swim suits.What could they hid in their swim suits. And last the bubbles swim up bar pool was dirty.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service