Seasons Pass 2008

Last season, we purchased our 2008 seasons passes at CP Halloweekends. We bought the Platinum Pass, seeing it as a good deal, all CF parks included and a jacket to boot. The CDN$ to US$ exchange rate was awsome back then (it's still real good). So here is is my question. I will be in Anaheim CA in a few weeks and want to go to Knotts BF. I have the letter for 2008 CP Platinum Season Pass. I see the CP web site says that I can get my seasons pass there.

I do not foresee a problem, but any tips on getting a seasons pass "out of park" or any tips on on our trip to CA at Knotts would be greatly appreciated. Will the seasons pass card identify us as KBF home park?, does it matter?, ....all comments are appreciated........

cheers

Unfortunately, this is the first year they've done something like this. There's one of 2 situations based on the info I've gotten.

A) Since you've gotten your voucher from Cedar Point, that will be your "home park".

B) The concept of "home park" is gone, and there is just the platinum pass. Meaning that you get the benefits of a season pass at whichever park you are visiting that day. So at Cedar Point, you get Point Perks...at Michigan's Adventure, you get whatever they have...etc.

I'm not sure which way its going to work. I've only heard "A", but B would fit with what they've said too.

Goodbye MrScott

John

JuggaLotus said:
...at Michigan's Adventure, you get whatever they have...etc.

...So basically, you get nothing, as best as I can tell... ;)

With that being said, I was looking at the Michigan's Adventure website just now and came across this:

Can I purchase my certificate at another Cedar Fair park and redeem, upgrade or process it at Michigan's Adventure?

No, all pass certificates must be redeemed, processed and upgraded at the park where they were purchased.

I found this a little interesting based on all the talk of the fact that you could redeem your Platinum Pass anywhere, no matter where it was purchased. Perhaps it's just not clear, and is referring only to standard season passes?

Edit: Tried to get rid of the bold formatting, but it won't go away.

Last edited by DBCP,

2007: Millennium Force, 2008: Millennium Force ATL, 2009: Top Thrill Dragster
www.pointpixels.com | www.parkpixels.com

But if you get your season pass picture taken at Knott's, how will that affect your renewal next year, assuming that they will once again allow us to renew by mail? Or does the new Cedar Fair computer upgrade share its picture files of its season pass holders between all of their parks? So that a Cedar Point voucher that is redeemed at Knott's, will have no bearing on next year's Cedar Point voucher being redeemed at Cedar Point, with no new picture taken. (?)

I think what you're saying about the images and information being shared between the parks is correct, seeing as how I had a Cedar Point season pass last year, and my photo showed up on the monitors at King's Island. I don't see any reason why the information in its entirety can't be shared between the parks, and likely won't affect redeeming certificates by mail in the future, but it's too early to tell for sure.

Edit: Grammar.

Last edited by DBCP,

When I bought my voucher, I specifically asked if I could redeem it at Michigan's Adventure and I was told I could. I guess I will have to send some emails.

As for perks and MiAdv. they had discounts on some stuff. I think Buy 1 Get 1 mini-golf and discounted pop-corn, 1$ souvenir cup refills. Nothing fancy but not bad.

Goodbye MrScott

John

I would make some phone calls before you go. I went out to Knott's last January and had one heck of a time getting in with my Maxx Pass. The admissions supervisors out there had no idea what was going on, and I suspect that hasn't changed. So definitely make a few calls before you find yourself out there paying for tickets to get in.

And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

I think the new system is a lot better than the old one. I know from having Dorney Park as my home park, they upgraded the system midway through the season and our friends who had CP or King's Dominion passes no longer had to check in at guest services. And the King's Dominion passes the people's pictures came up on the monitor even though their picture wasn't on their pass. Now this year we Bought CP passes for the Point Perks and because we were told the sister park privelege was going to be done away with. We are going to King's Dominion in 52 days to get our passess processed, and I have checked several times with CP and KD to make sure there would be no problem and was told that ALL parks are online and ready to process all Platium Passes. So check with Knott's but it sounded like Mike from Dorney was pretty sure everything was in place.
Also you can get your jacket at any park when your pass is processed, Except Dorney, you don't have to wait to get to your home park

Last edited by 9 hour ride to RIDE!!,

I just got off the phone with Carowinds which told me that they would not process the pass, however they would let you in the park for that day considered it is offered with the Platinum Pass.

I just sent Kings Dominion an email asking the same question, but it looks my question is answered in the previous reply.

When does the Kings Island Season Pass Center open?

Terror Island Screamster 08', 09', 10', 11'

CoastMani said:
I just got off the phone with Carowinds which told me that they would not process the pass,

See, I knew there had to be a hitch in this whole thing... seemed too good to be true. :)

from cedar points website.

Your Platinum Pass vouchers may be redeemed in person at Cedar Pointbeginning in the spring of 2008, OR they may be redeemed at any otherCFEC amusement park or outdoor waterpark when they begin processingtheir 2008 Passes. Everyone will have his or her picture taken for2008, so there will be no renewals by mail this winter.

For instance, even if you purchase your 2008 Platinum Pass at CedarPoint this fall, if you’re visiting Knott’s in January, you may redeemyour certificate at Knott’s in January.

Yes, we realize that... but based on what the other parks are saying, that doesn't appear to be entirely true.

www.miadventure.com said:

Can I purchase my certificate at another Cedar Fair park and redeem, upgrade or process it at Michigan's Adventure?

No, all pass certificates must be redeemed, processed and upgraded at the park where they were purchased.

However, I sent them an email about this. They may very well be talking about the Michigan's Adventure Season Pass....which WOULD have to be redeemed there.

I have not heard back yet though, and I'll post as soon as I do.

Last edited by JuggaLotus,

Goodbye MrScott

John

Carowinds also said that they will let you in free as long
as you show your certificate, but they will not redeem it.
So you can't get your picture and your pass processed, 
but you can still get into the park. At least that is 
what one park says. I'll see what Kings Dominion says 
when I get an email reply.

Terror Island Screamster 08', 09', 10', 11'

It seems that year after Cedar Fair manages to drop the ball when it comes to integrating the season pass program amongst the parks. It really shouldn't be that hard to make a uniform policy, but it seems that every year each individual park ends up doing things however they want to.

And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

Just to clear the dust on this one, I had to call KBF. A very polite person answered the phone promptly, I raised my question, and I got put on hold as he sought the answer. I thought I would be waiting for a long time. Quite quickly, the gentleman came back to the phone and told me that they would not process our season pass, but upon presentation of our 2008 Platinum Pass vouchers we would get in. The CP website is misleading on this issue.

Now how about that parking thing??

Well, the email I got from MiAdv stated that they would be able to process mine, but it may take a few minutes while they call the issuing park to validate the pass.

I guess we'll find out in a few months.

Goodbye MrScott

John

It sounds like this could become a very confusing situation unless Cedar Fair issues a statement to clarify all of these issues.  I do have one comment.  I thought that I had read somewhere last fall that in order to participate in the Point Perks program that your Platinum Pass had to be purchased at Cedar Point.  If so, then there must be some kind of identifying mark on these Platinum passes to show that they are valid for Point Perks.  Does anyone here remember reading that on Cedar Point's website?  I just looked and can't find information on this.  

Based on what I heard from the park last fall, Platinum Passes will be good for whatever perks are offered at any Cedar Fair park, so no matter where you get a Platinum Pass, it should work for Point Perks.

-Paul

Tony and Tyler said that it is only good if you buy your platinum pass from cedar point.

http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/fun/blog/index.cfm?entry=36d14067-...bcaef57582

at the bottom in the comment section

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service