Rumors for 2002...

Rob, I was wondering if anyone would say that!!  I think mosquitos and mayflies add to the flavor of any meal, so the patio over the lagoon is a great idea.  Seriously, though, I'm not as familiar with the park as most of you, because I'm not there as often.  But going off of my map here in my cubicle, isn't PE right behind Dodgem, or at least right there?  Why couldn't they put in a cajun-style restaurant and tie it in with PE, giving that area a bit of a Louisiana/Mississippi River feel to it?  Have an area around the outside blocked off where they could serve alcohol, themed like Bourbon St. with the bar serving the fufu hurricane drinks just for Dan!
-----------------
UCSigEp

Isn't Disney World a people trap run by a mouse?

MF 2K1: 4
MF life: 12

Why not a Mrs. Knott's chicken dinner restaurant?

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

Good idea seeing how they took out the chicken stand when they built MF.. Man the smells that came out of that place just ruled that part of the park....

-------------
"Sorry but Millennium Force is currently DFD."
MF total - 393 laps
VertiGo Launches - 28
June 11th, 2001 - Gemini 100

Chaos and Troika will be moved to where Peanuts Playground is located.

It is Crazy, I have heared so many things about what they are and aren't getting. I would like to assume that they want to get more people in that area of the park, since it is so dead.  I guess we will just have to wait and see. 

-----------------
John

Magnum Crew 1999
Raptor Crew 2000 Millennium Force 2001

Also, you know what would be perfect? Any of you ever been to a Bahama Breeze restaurant???   They are only open for dinner, but it goes on late at night.  The food is amazing, and they are large restaurants built right on water, so that people can pull their boats up to the restaurant to eat. I ate at one in tampa, and they serve carribean food. It was delicious! Not only that but they have a huge outdoor bar with usually a DJ or something to keep a lively atmosphere. Let me tell you, late at night that outdoor bar was the place to be. It had tiki torches, lighting, loud music, and lots of alchohol.  Cedar Point, take a look at one of these chains. There aren't very many of them at all, I think like 10 maybe if that in the US. It would be perfect because it would add a little nightlife to the point, plus would draw in boaters from the lakes, and the islands.
-----------------

BTW, here's a link to their website:

http://www.bahamabreeze.com/index.html

*** This post was edited by Clarkbar on 9/5/2001. ***

OMG, Clarkbar, I Love The Breeze! We went there for the first time this past June down in Florida. What a great place, it would kick major butt if one of those came to CP. They are building a new one right off of Big Beaver here in Troy, about 20 minutes from my house...I am so excited!

Mikey

The House of Blues appeals to me because:

a. It's good food, good music, and good theming (at least based on the ones I've tried in Boston, New Orleans, and Las Vegas)

b. The bayou theming reminds of the old Western Cruise - they used to have some old codger living in a shack on the (previously much more swampy) lagoon.  (I assume this is gone now.)

But HoB is not really family oriented, so it's merely a pipe dream on my part.

-- Harley

-----------------
CP fan since 68.

I was going to suggest CP get a Hooters, but there's really no need for that, seeing as how there's already a plentiful supply of girls at CP willing to show theirs off. Why would guys spend money to eat there when they can see the same thing for free, walking down the midway?  
-----------------
I think that someone must have surveillance
equipment set up in my living room,because every once in a while, someone on
the TV will tell me what channel I'm watching.
That really freaks me out, you know?

*** This post was edited by KicksTheSky on 9/5/2001. ***

How about a Rainforest Cafe?

That might be a neat novelty idea.  They have good food too.

...I'm waiting for a park map set up like the layout of Millennium Force. Very, very detailed, not the slightest bit cartoony, and very accurate.

I want to hear a rumor like that.

-------------
MF count: 20

Digital Daredevil, you'll  go broke after you eat there!  The ones I've been in are really over priced, and the service is terrible.
-----------------
Former name was B-Town
This is a little late but Jeff:

The day you see a inverted stand-up(possible wood, I'm still working on that) you will know that I will be designing rides!

-----------------
Live for FUN!

Don't let life fly by.

I dont think that they are going to add another restaurant just because they just got Johnny Rocket's.  Just wait til October folks.  Believe me, your gonna be amazed by the announcement.  It amazed me.
-----------------
...and just how did you supposedly come into this information?

-------------
MF count: 20

I really don't see a sit-down place between Corkscrew and Gemini... Coasters is near Corkscrew and The Breakers has several places to eat(and for some other not mentioned reasons...). What I think would be cool is a chicken place(maybe barbecue or Mrs. Knott's chicken) near Snake River Falls. Perhaps by the glass blowing shop(or behind it in the theater or even on the bay, they could have a path that could go between TC and WWL to a pier by the beach).

--------------
Andrew Hyde
http://www.experiencethepoint.com
Author- Experience The Point: The Unofficial Guidebook To The Cedar Point

This thread isn't much of a rumors for 2002 thread but a 'what resturaunt would you like too see' instead.

Still I like the hooters idea stated earlier.

-------------
http://coolforce.cjb.net The Most Important Internet Web Site.... EVER.
It was Nikki's B-Day and Millennium Force was broken down... Coincidence?

This isn't a rumor but it is definatly food for thought.  When coming home from the park last night with Scott we were talking about future plans, and then it hit me.  I am surprised that no one here has put two and two together.

Take the dogem rumor of it leaving so that HUGE space is open.  Then take the rumor of Trokia and Chaos moving upfront near Peanuts Playground or in the ghetto.  All I gotta say is that you got one large straight peiece of Cedar Point property that could used For a S&S thrust air, or a using the islands you could get a perfect L shape for a CCI woodie.   The positiblies are endless.

Think about it.

-----------------
Mr. 2000
Magnum: 782/2047

You know I really think that there are quite a few restaurants/food stands as it is. I honestly don't think that they need any more....I mean a family is only gonna eat/spend so much in a single day, ya know?
Dan, I mentioned that idea a few months ago in a different thread... it really is a prime spot for something big. :)

If you ride Mine Ride, look to the left on your way up the 2nd lift hill, you will see a LONG straightaway - and the only obstacles to a long and wide enough straightaway are Dodgems, Troika, and Chaos.  It could all come together...  I think that the two most likely places for the next coaster are this stretch of land and Oceana.  But I do also think that the restaurant in the Troika/Chaos area is a very good possibility.  Either way, we'll see...

-----------------

You know, October isn't that far off anymore...

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service