Rumors for 2002...

You know, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that no matter what is said, deep down CP would love to have that record for most coasters back.  They took pride in declaring that their park had the most coasters in the world (well I guess they can still say it for now since X isn't open yet).  Now I'm not saying that they will go to extremes to get back the record, and I'm not saying that they will base their plans on the record, but I'm just saying that they would love it if they did get it back.
-----------------
Steuks!!
VertiGo flights: 4
MF: 28
I agree whole-heartidly Majin.  Although CP is in no way competing directly with SFMM, I think the record they are about to lose means a great deal to all in CP upper management.
Upper management is more concerned with quality, not quantity. They would much rather keep the "best amusement park in the world" campaign over the "coast with the most" campaign.
But whose says you can't have both quality AND quantity?  They have it right now, IMO, they can keep having it. They're Cedar Point.
-----------------
You know, none of this would have happend if power tower wasn't added for 98.  With that in mind.....i really don't know if they care. 
-----------------
Hypersonic XLC- 17 seconds of ride....only 1.8 of which are fun
I hope what ever CP does they don't remove too many trees in the Troika/Chaos area.  I like the trees there and I don't think a wild mouse would look good there at all. 

The Dodgems leaving I could see, I mean more people seem to ride the ones off the Main midway more than those.  If they did put a restraunt in there, I think it would be cool if they had something like a swamp theme.  Like Clarkbar said, have a deck over the water, and make it look like a shack.  Then serve southern/cajun food. 

But, in the end I have no idea.

They should bring back the "Old Fashioned Chicken Bar-B-Q" stand they took out for Millennium Force. Now that was some good eating!
-----------------
When you visit CP, visit my Mill, est. 1835
They have two Dodge'Ems and one Kiddie Dodge'Em.  They can lose one of them.  I won't miss it.

I do wish they would have better food options.  Today I was at CP and they had a fruit cart.  I forked over about 3 dollars for a big bowl of watermelon.  Now that's a good idea.  I like the junk food, but some healthier options would be good too.

If they're getting rid of the Dodgem by Magnum, they could put a station for a skyride there.  Bring back the Frontier Lift! :D  I think it would be nice to be able to get off your feet for a while while heading to the back of the park.
First, if they put a restaurant in there (which is a really good idea, although I like both Dodgem's), it should be a high-quality chain, because CP run restaurants universally suck.  Additionally, it should have a patio area right over the lagoon.  I'm thinking a House of Blues would work well. (Fat Chance.)

Second, CP's execs are rational businesspeople.  They don't give a hoot about world records except inasmuch as it drives additional growth and profits.  Large debt makes growth and profit difficult.  CP mostly caters to the local market.  Management's most important concern to keep CP attractive to their core market in the face of a worsening economy and additional competition from the east.  Therefore, large capital expenditures on the scale of MF are highly unlikely until some of the existing debt is paid off.  More likely is cheap investments that draw crowds, and investments that cause existing guests to spend more money.  The restaurant is therefore logical, as is a medium sized woodie for a rollercoaster.

-----------------
CP fan since 68.

The restaurant would most likely be a family freindly restaurant, and something that is not in Sandusky. That is if CP looks for a chain. Johnny Rockets is a family restaurant and not in any of the Sandusky Malls,(that i'm aware of!). Although I could be wrong! They could add in a bar which might/ or might not work, since it is close to Lusty Lil's. I would like to see a fat fish blues type restaurant(atmosphere ), but more towards a blue's and south/cajun, shack looking restaurant. A patio would be really nice, over the lagoon. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

89.3-Yes Fm!!!! (I have the jingle in my head:-) 

I worked at CP for 5 summers while in school, 90-94. I was an Area Supervisor for Foods and they had actual blue prints drawn up on 2 possible restaurants and a fast food stand! The restaurants were supposed to go in the current Frontier Inn, and the current Chuck Wagon Inn. One was supposed to be an Italian place and the other a Tex Mex style place. The 2 restaurants only being a couple of years apart and the fast food place was supposed to be opened in 90. The fast food stand was drawn up to be placed prox. right around where the ride chaos is located now and being bigger than the stockade refreshment stand! For some reason, whom ever approves such projects decided no at the time! So i don't see why they would say yes now for a restaurant especially in the Magnum area!
Hard Rock Cafe,Cedarpoint
I'll second that Coasterguy!
Why? Hard Rock food sucks. If it wasn't for the memorabilia, there would be no point in ever going to one.

-----------------
Jeff
Webmaster/GTTP
Watch my grass grow: http://www.sillynonsense.com/subdivision/

What would be totally awesome is a House of Blues built somewhere On-Point. Wake up on Sunday morning at Breakers and go to one of their Gospel Brunches. I've never been to one, but I've heard that they are an experience not to miss while you're at Disney World at the Downtown Disney HOB.

----------------------

-John Gilman

I hope they dont take any trees out either.  I love Kennywood because of all of the trees.

I would like to see a nice restaurant go it.  House of Blues would be cool, especially with a concert venue inside like the one in Orlando.  But I doubt that would happen.  I would much rather fork out more money for better food, than some garbage.

Hard Rock is a neat idea.  The "novelty" of it would work well with people who never go to a HR.  I wouldn't go to one every day as I don't think their food is all that great, but for the vacationer, HR is perfect.

As long as it sells girlie drinks I don't care what they put in. :)
-----------------
daniel j. haverlock
Magnum: 637/1902
"I hate it when they don't race Mean Streak"

I heard a great rumor; CP will be getting a new park map and brochure...
-----------------
DIPPIN DOTS!!!111 THEY ROXOR YUR WORLD!!1!
A patio overlooking the laggon?? Will they charge extra for the bugs in your soup also???

-------------
"Sorry but Millennium Force is currently DFD."
MF total - 393 laps
VertiGo Launches - 28
June 11th, 2001 - Gemini 100

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service