RMC Streak Photo Update - May 7, 2017

Here's a similar shot: https://instagram.com/p/BUQPgeIl42D/

Hahahahahahahahaha this ride is gonna mess me up in such a good way.

The most dangerous enemy is the one you don't know you have.

New photos on Screamscape show ledgers beneath the lift nearly touching the ground as well as what looks like a ledger for an inversion directly below the lift. Although, it may not be an inversion. It could be extra bracing for above the track. In any case I think this coaster is going to be close, if not longer than Mean Streak's original length.

[IMG]I'm here now saw the ledgers and some very twisted track looks like an inversion

More pictures in the morning off to bed

https://www.instagram.com/p/BUVZn1shoZF/

Last edited by Deathfearsnone,

Can anyone confirm where the picture of the ledgers near the ground within the structure actually is? Also, whether the steel bracing within the structure below the lift has the attachment plates on it. I was hoping the previous post was going to provide new information but it just ended up being old news. And my final query is , since it looks as though the ride will continue around inside the structure, are there any indications of what it will do after it emerges near the two sections of tracks that share the ledgers before and after the inversions?

Can't confirm, but I believe that the low to ground ledgers are under the wave turn, near the access path off perimeter rd. It looks like you can see the opening in the structure, and would allow the ride to have enough space to climb over the original queue. I'm curious if they are even going to attempt a full lap, as there isn't much in place yet to suggest they are going back out to the MCBR area.

The outward sloping ledgers that climb toward the wave turn on the newest of the screamscape pictures seem to show the ride climbing toward the old entry hole into the structure. If it does enter near the old entry, that would put the path near that high internal brace shown in the other newer screamscape shot. With that much potential energy due to height and speed I cannot imagine that we are not going to do a full additional lap. EDIT drive by video on youtube from 5/20 answers some of my questions.

Last edited by jo linn,

Haven't posted in ages, but, wanted to share some thoughts.

Moved a few years ago and my new home park is Six Flags New England. We arrived in Cyclone's final year, and were able to get a few laps on the original before it got all sorts of Wicked. I am beyond excited for what RMC is doing to Mean Streak.

I will say, Wicked Cyclone had some bizarre wheel issues it's first season. Some days it'd be great, others it felt like they were using octagonal wheels, and your ass was being vibrated like you were sitting on one of the Barrel-O-Fun foot vibrating things. Sometimes it was certain cars, sometimes it was the entire train. I hope CP can find the right combination of wheels quickly and prevent that awkward growing pain.

Still... I'm more excited than anything. The reverse-bank hill alone followed by those two inversions, on a much larger scale than WC? Yes. Please. Now.

2003 - Wicked Twister
2004 - Wicked Twister/Top Thrill Dragster

I thought I was the only one who sat on the foot vibrator thing.

Can confirm they are to the left of the lift if you drive around perimeter road you will see them

If you look really closely at that shot with the low ledgers, it appears to take a hard banking left turn inside there, not seeming to follow the natural path created by the structure. I think there is at least 1 more inversion happening if not 2.

[IMG]Looking at the track laying on a flat bed looked like another inversion piece very twisted and very long

Last edited by Deathfearsnone,

Gravity said:
Haven't posted in ages, but, wanted to share some thoughts.

Moved a few years ago and my new home park is Six Flags New England. We arrived in Cyclone's final year, and were able to get a few laps on the original before it got all sorts of Wicked. I am beyond excited for what RMC is doing to Mean Streak.

I will say, Wicked Cyclone had some bizarre wheel issues it's first season. Some days it'd be great, others it felt like they were using octagonal wheels, and your ass was being vibrated like you were sitting on one of the Barrel-O-Fun foot vibrating things. Sometimes it was certain cars, sometimes it was the entire train. I hope CP can find the right combination of wheels quickly and prevent that awkward growing pain.

Still... I'm more excited than anything. The reverse-bank hill alone followed by those two inversions, on a much larger scale than WC? Yes. Please. Now.

The problem with the wheels was the paint peeling off the track and sticking to the wheels. RMC took care of that problem on storm chaser and the joker by not painting the track where the wheels ride. I was very surprised that cp chose not to do this so meanstreak will have the same issue until the paint is completely worn off. It only took WC one season to wear off the paint and now every ride is smooth with no vibration at all.

Maybe the paint is improved and this won't be an issue on Mean Streak?

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

That "drive-by" video posted from 5/20 on you tube does have nice shots of some previously unseen ledgers. Assuming they are for the last lap around the course.

Pete said:

What steel coaster do you know of that the paint doesn't come off where the wheels track? I do think that cp made the decision because i'm sure rmc notified them of the pending problem.

Aj1 said:

Pete said:

What steel coaster do you know of that the paint doesn't come off where the wheels track? I do think that cp made the decision because i'm sure rmc notified them of the pending problem.

Perhaps the new paint doesn't stick to the wheels causing the problem. I'm sure it's easier to paint the whole rail rather than leave a portion unpainted.

Seems like a lot of track work is complete.... I know we have much more to go but I could maybe see an earlier announcement than usual... maybe sometime in July or early August.

Aj1 said:

Pete said:

It seems that on most coasters the paint is gradually worn off and does come off in flakes that stick on the wheels. If the paint sticks to the metal better and is gradually "rubbed off", so to speak, problem solved.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

So why are they waiting to finish the first hill? Some guesses: 1. Less weight on the structure as they carve through it. 2. Waiting on availability for a larger crane. 3. Some type of surprise like how high it is going or a double down.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service