RMC Streak Photo Update - May 7, 2017

As for the rest of the third lap, I would guess that it will follow the footers that are clearly still in place that can be seen in the video. You can also clearly see the entry and exit window into and out of the structure under the first and second hills as well as see the entry hole where the track most likely will go into the station same as it did before. My favorite part of the video is the hole that the third lap dives into the structure for the beginning of lap 3. That looks like the beginning of some cool stuff inside the structure.

Last edited by jo linn,

DA20Pilot said:

But I don't necessarily think that exercising one's legal rights to utilize property one has a right to use (in this case, public airspace) within the bounds of applicable law is "douchey."

"Douchey" seems to me the perfect shorthand for "not technically illegal, but still a dick move".

And you sound like a great neighbor.

Brandon

PghCSTRfan said:

why cant everyone just be happy that we are able to view some great footage.

Why can't people just leave well enough alone and wait for the park to get us some great footage?

It's "douchey" (since we already tossed that out there) for many reasons. First and foremost, it's just simple courtesy. Cedar Point has asked that drones not be flown around their property. Why can't you just respect that?

Promoter of fog.

And here they go again with the "douchey" comments. Because they aren't intelligent enough to formulate a more cogent argument that, despite the legality of drone flights like mine and this one, they don't like it, so it's just "douchey".

People like this can't be reasoned with. I gave up trying last fall.

Anyway, cool video, and thanks for being a responsible, licensed drone pilot (like myself), and pay no attention to the trolls here.

Pilot licenses 🤣😂😂🤣

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

Brandon, we are now a collective "they". *fist-pump*

I never mentioned a personal opinion, although I'm sure one would easily extrapolate that from my post.

For me, it's just a matter of respect and, as I mentioned above, courtesy.

I expect a child to snoop on their Christmas presents when their parents ask them not to.

I guess I have higher expectations for all those licensed drone pilots out there, who, by the way, must meet these Top Gun requirements as they take their test to obtain their license

1) You must be at least 16 years old

2) You must have a picture ID with your date of birth, signature and address. (not a P.O. box)

3) You must be able to read, write and speak English

4) You must get a grade of 70% on the test to pass

(If you fail the test, you must wait 14 days before you can take it again.)

But I digress. I love great drone footage as much as anyone else. Apparently respecting the requests of others privacy is not on the test.

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

MaverickLaunch said:

And here they go again with the "douchey" comments. Because they aren't intelligent enough to formulate a more cogent argument that, despite the legality of drone flights like mine and this one, they don't like it, so it's just "douchey".

In some cases laws are nothing more than legislated morality. Agreed upon "don't be jerk to me, I won't be a jerk to you" lines in the sand. The reason some laws need to exist in the first place is because unavoidably some people cannot be counted on to not be jerks.

If your defense to what is obviously a jerk thing to do amounts to "well what are ya' gonna do about it? It ain't illegal! Call the cops/FAA/etc/, I dare ya!" defense, that says an awful lot about your character.

Brandon

Well no, the jerk move is building a roller coaster in broad daylight and ignoring the hell out of it. That disrespects us, the general public, and people who are actually working on this thing who are getting no credit whatsoever.

You think the construction workers or RMC are happy that they are working on this with no advertising? How is this advancing their brand? It isn't.

Announce the ****ing thing.

^Oh man, we need a "vote down" button. Talk about rude entitlement.

Chris

I really hope that you just forgot /s or ;).

Cause last time I checked, and maybe it's just my student loans holding me back financially, but the general public doesn't normally have an interest in doing business with a roller coaster manufacture...

PyroKinesis09 said:

Well no, the jerk move is building a roller coaster in broad daylight and ignoring the hell out of it. That disrespects us, the general public, and people who are actually working on this thing who are getting no credit whatsoever.

It's brilliant marketing on CP's part to make no announcement while constructing in broad daylight. If you feel disrespected due to lack of information then your priorities are wrong. I surmise the workers don't give one iota about being in the spotlight of the press.

You think the construction workers or RMC are happy that they are working on this with no advertising? How is this advancing their brand? It isn't.

They are plenty happy watching you gawk and drool over the new RMC hotness while they work. RMC has an established brand in the amusement industry. There is no need to advance the brand to the general public.

Announce the ****ing thing.

Patience young Padawan

Last edited by Lash,

This is why stuff leaks.

We are no longer in a world where we need to wait for stuff to be announced. Be it games, news, or even coasters. Announce it the moment you start working on it. Otherwise, it's going to get leaked, or even worse, drive people away because you treated them like idiots.

How are they treating us like idiots? It seems to me that you just have an inflated sense of entitlement and that the park owes you something. They said it before, they will make an announcement when it makes sense to their business. My guess is we're probably around 8 weeks or less from an announcement, around the typical time when they make their announcements. And this is generating alot of free buzz for the park. Lot's of people are talking about a new ride and many park guests will see it and be amazed and plan a repeat trip next year to ride it.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

First of all, regarding "privacy". That's a BS argument and you know it, but then most of your arguments are. Yeah, I just strolled down the ad hominim road, but it was deserved. A commercial enterprise of this size has no right to "privacy" of what is out in broad daylight and anyone with a lick of common sense would agree. Don't go back to all the childish arguments of being scared that "guys like me" would spy on your wife in the shower with my drone.

Fellas, you need some new material.

If drone flights were in fact "illegal" you'd be the first ones quoting, and linking to, the legal code indicating such. But it's not and you can't. So instead of quietly disagreeing (based on your moral and ethical superiority to me and other drone pilots), you resort to name calling and insinuating that we are people of poor moral character, violating "privacy" rights (which are not rights, btw).

I don't have the time to really blow your argument to hell like it deserves, I'll instead just hope you get better at internet forum bullying so you don't look so foolish in front of thousands of others. But I know better, so fire away, just knowing I'm not taking the childish bait.

Gotta go, drone batteries are charged and the neighbors are all getting into the shower...sheesh.

I don't think the law is settled on drones and the airspace up to 500 feet. The guy in KY who shot down a drone over his backyard got a pass. We will see a court case on this eventually because a few people do not use common sense.

Immanuel Kant is not my favorite philosopher, in fact I think he did a lot of harm, but his first formation of his categorical imperative is a decent starting point when examining questionable behavior. "Act only in accordance with that maxim through which you can at the same time will that it become a universal law." People think things like littering, speeding, line jumping, stiffing servers on tips, parking across two spaces, holding up a cashier by being unreasonable while people are waiting, or not paying their bills are no big deal because only a few people do it. Imagine if everyone did it. Now imagine 10,000 people having a good time riding rollercoasters while 500 drones fly over the park. I think common sense would tell you to keep your drone over the water.

Uh oh. An intelligent response has no place here! Kidding. Of course there won't be 500 drones over the park nor would there be 500 airplanes. The FAA is actually one of the few federal agencies that I hold some respect for. They were quick to respond to drone concerns with part 107 and I'm pretty sure they'd move further if these things became a real issue. I'm not suggesting just to trust the government. I'm only suggesting that some rigorous rules have been put in place to protect the public and the rights of landowners. And jumping on an Internet forum, about an amusement park of all things, with character and morality insults is pretty childish.

I thank you for acting much more like an adult in your response.

I'm sure the trolls will all respond in the morning, from the office while being paid to do something else, after they've had their coffee and settled in. Talk about a disregard for ethics!

Last edited by MaverickLaunch,

PyroKinesis09 said:

Well no, the jerk move is building a roller coaster in broad daylight and ignoring the hell out of it. That disrespects us...

MaverickLaunch said:

First of all, regarding "privacy". That's a BS argument and you know it...

If drone flights were in fact "illegal"...

Ladies and gentlemen, if you look closely you may catch a glimpse of the (supposedly) rare Entitled Enthusiast (Notenoughshwagus Forwattheychargus) in its natural habitat. Please keep your distance, this breed has been known to show aggression when it feels threatened, such as when not getting enough cookies.

Take note of its unmatched prowess in justifying morally-questionable behavior in order to feed its unquenchable thirst for more! What's most interesting is that it feeds this thirst at the expense of its own habitat! It's frankly a miracle this species hasn't died out eons ago.

• Defining behavioral trait: knows way more about this place/this ride/the FAA/etc. than you do
  • Strength: body odor
  • Weakness: buffets

Brandon

Brandon, I expected so much better from you. That post was a cry for help. Perhaps tomorrow when you get to work. Weakness:buffets? Really. Fat jokes is the best you've got?

Gnight.

Last edited by MaverickLaunch,

Someone just please make a drone thread if there isn't one already. That would make it much easier to ignore. Thanks.

2018- Raptor

CP Top 5- 1)MF 2) Maverick 3) Gatekeeper 4) Top Thrill Dragster 5) Raptor

Listen, if you're going to call me fat (which couldn't be further from the truth), at least come right out and say it, don't use your code words.

I bet you're the kind of person who calls a black person a thug when you mean the n word.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service