Restrooms Crew 95/96

Anyone who worked in restrooms summer of 95 or summer of 96 let me hear ya say...OOOO I'm glad I'm in restrooms.....and we're workin real hard now...Let me know if you're out there! Peace
I knew a guy from restrooms that went out to see a movie during paying hours. If it still holds to be true, which I believe it does restrooms can be a very entertaining job. Nice long breaks becasue who's going to be there to really supervise? I have heard lots of good stories about restrooms. It may be the most under rated job at CP.
If that's the attitude of rest room employees it would certainly explain their vile state on various occassions. Becca? Care to comment?

-------------
Jeff
Webmaster/Guide to The Point
As for the vile state of the restrooms, you try cleaning up the poop of a million billion people a year and I believe that occasionally you might have a little problem as well. As far as the long breaks go, yes, it is easier to take a little longer break than usual, but I have to say that in 95 we had the best crew in the park and our restrooms were RARELY vile. As for 96, they had lost their shine a little bit, but hey, you can't be perfect all the time. And as for 1997, I can say that the restrooms had lost their luster a lot, but I was supervisor in Foods then, so there was nothing I could do about it.

Pointless..

Do you remember me from Stockade 1997? David Toelle?
-------------
Visit Dave and Jen's Cedar Point webpage
http://www.geocities.com/SouthBeach/Palms/3997
The bathrooms are gross to be in. Make sure to wrap the toilet lid atleast 5 times before using. That only goes for #2
I wish they would air condition all the rest rooms. That's the only thing about CP that isn't world class.
Stand back, this is my department and it appears that you're all discussing the famous restroom perk of the "power break." Highly popular among employees although quite discouraged by supervisors. We lost one guy this year...turned out he took a break (for four or five hours) to, wait, I think it was, ah yes, TO BUY A CAR!!! And he didn't get fired. Severely reprimanded. Got to work night trash for a few nights. But sometimes restrooms just get dirty. It happens. I've said it before and I'll say it again I'm sure, but I've seen people leave things that don't look humanly possible ;) Becka
A couple more quick comments. Restroom air conditioning is one of the things on the list of things that must be done. It cuts an amazing amount of disgusting-ness out of the bathrooms if you can believe it. And I've heard that restrooms crew 95 was one of the best crews (of any department) the park had ever seen and I believe that it was thanks to Jenn Andree, the sup that year. Have I heard correctly?
You got your informations straight, it did have a lot to do with Jenn Andree whom I went to work under in Foods in 1997, but it was the employees and their great morale that really made that crew the best. We were proud to work in Restrooms! We thrived on the fact that our job was the most hated in the park. We loved the fact that everyone in the park looked at us with contempt when they asked, "Where do you work?" and our answer was, "Restrooms." They always looked at us with that 'I feel sorry for you' look! There was no need to feel sorry for us! We loved our job! I loved the summer that I spent cleaning restrooms. It was my first summer working at Cedar Point, and I worked with a damn fine bunch of people who had pride in their job! Sure it wasn't glamourous, but I don't think there is a job at CP that IS glamourous! Anyone know of one? No matter where you work you sweat like a pig, work long hours, have to occasionally put up with a cranky supervisor, anyone who thinks that is glamourous let me know! What I am trying to say is, don't be so quick to think that your job is any better than that of the Restrooms employee, cause there is not much difference in us all, no matter what our job is at CP! Peace Out! By the way unitygem what years did you work in RR?
Well put Pointless... We had some people ask us if we were sweeperettes being punished!

-------------
http://vms.www.uwplatt.edu/~moyerc
PetFarm/PetChek 99
I was TL this year in Restrooms. I started this summer as a toll cashier and couldn't stand being stuck standing in that one little booth all day long. I was punished (tardy points--what me late?) by being sent to work off my points in restrooms. I think they figured that I would hate the "degrading" restroom work so much that I'd never be late again. I came in the next day and asked to transfer. The rest is history. At this point, I wouldn't consider working in any other department. My friends all think that I'm weird. I take pride in keeping the potties clean. And most of the people I met this summer respected that. I can't wait for next summer. I could go back to rides or traffic or anywhere else, but I just wouldn't want to. Imagine that.
Becca I comend you. You are one of the "special breeds" that are 100% loyal to their departments, no matter what that department is!

-------------
CHECK OUT MY CP PAGE
http://www.geocities.com/Pipeline/Shore/6422

Becka is cool. Restrooms do stink and they are dirty, but come on people they are restrooms!
-------------
Right on! Now that is the restrooms spirit....where were you in 1995....we could have used you on our crew with an attitude like that...you would have fit right in!
POintless -

i wasnt legal to work at CP in 1995

-------------

HEY BECCA

DAVE AND JEN ARE COMING BACK!
-------------
I was talking about unitygem.....but thanks for the answer Dave!
I graduated high school in 95. My first year at Cedar Point wasn't until 96. But I've heard so much great stuff about the crew of 95 that I'm sorry to have missed out. I only hope that I can "rally the troops" in 2000 to try and recreate that kind of restroom spirit!
Oh yeah, and Nash, are you picking on me? "Special breed!" j/k If you are, I'll be proud to be special :)

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service