New for 2013

Obviously GateKeeper, the new front gate, and Coca-Cola are the big new changes to Cedar Point this year, but what other changes have you seen this year that may not have been as big?

I heard that Millennium received new brakes, so now it slows a little bit earlier than last year. It used to stop on a dime right behind the train in the unload station.

Last edited by Millennium310,

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." -Walt Disney

Yogurt Plus, Auntie Annie's, Lakeside Express ( cheeseburgers and lake perch sandwiches) and perch sliders and burger sliders at Burger Patio are all new this year.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

Perch sammich? Sounds both yummy and unique amusement park fair. I like it. Everyone loves Auntie Annie's!

Cedar Point guest since 1974

Does anybody know if Cedar Point added a Coca Cola Marketplace? Kings Island has two of them [one in the park, one in the waterpark]. In addition to offering a variety of Coca Cola Products, they offer healthy snacks like fruit, vegetables, parfaits, etc.

I didn't see a Coca Cola Marketplace. A big change in the Midway Market Buffet. $17.99. That used to be our go-to place to eat and relax. Not anymore.

How much was midway market before?

Demon Drop 2004
Castaway Bay Lifeguard 04-05

Pete, did you say perch?

:)

I still have a dream of a lakeside fresh fish fry going on at the Point, but this is a step in the right direction.

Promoter of fog.

Midway for lunch was 12.99. They've included Freestyle in the buffet now. I'm not much of a Coke/Pepsi whatever drinker. For all I care, they could have RC.

t2fastspin said:
I didn't see a Coca Cola Marketplace. A big change in the Midway Market Buffet. $17.99. That used to be our go-to place to eat and relax. Not anymore.

WOW. How can they expect people to pay all this money on "just-okay" food? I don't care if it's a burger and fries or a buffet, $18 is asburd. Your ticket prices are right where they should be, parking is absurd, and then to increase food prices that were already high? It's things like this that pisses me off... greed.

Cedar Point Lifer
Employee 2006-2009

We left the park around 6:30. Walking past Midway Market, it was no more than 1/4 full. The Platinum Brat deal was great, as well as the fries.
I really hope the reconsider MM, maybe make Freestyle an optional add on. 4x17.99= WAY to much for lunch there for us.

The point has already been made in other threads but it's not greed. They are a business and they are supposed to set prices in which people will pay and the park will make money. As long as people continue to pay, the park will charge that amount. Do I think that price is crazy? Heck yes. Do I think the in park Subway is way to expensive? Most definitely. But you know what, I see lines there all the time. People will pay and the park will make more money. When I passed by Midway Market today, it had a line out the door. Apparently enough people still find enough value.

Gemini 100 (6/11/01)

Where is Auntie Anne's?
Also, is Chick Fil A still at their old location?

Perch is interesting... they should serve some local fresh walleye!

Auntie Annie's replaced the pretzels from last year, it's in the same building by Pagoda on the main midway.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

shamrockcb said:
Also, is Chick Fil A still at their old location?

Looks like it. Look through the trees in the background of this picture.

Luminosity got an overhaul. New lighting design, the show will be an overall improvement. Along with a new show at Aldrich theater featuring Broadway hits.

11 years.

WOW. How can they expect people to pay all this money on "just-okay" food? I don't care if it's a burger and fries or a buffet, $18 is asburd. Your ticket prices are right where they should be, parking is absurd, and then to increase food prices that were already high? It's things like this that pisses me off... greed.

The post just above yours said the lunch is 12.99 and includes the freestyle. Pretty sure that is the same price from last year. Don't go to dinner there (it has always been more expensive than lunch), just do lunch.

CPFansite tweeted that platinum pass holders receive a $2 discount at midway market!

When you visit CP, visit my Mill, est. 1835

The post just above yours said the lunch is 12.99 and includes the freestyle. Pretty sure that is the same price from last year. Don't go to dinner there (it has always been more expensive than lunch), just do lunch.

I was referring to a previous post about last year's price. Previously, lunch was 12.99. This year, lunch is 17.99.
I walked in around 11:30 and asked specifically if we had to purchase the buffet with freestyle, and she said yes.
I don't know about the PP discount, as I said above I didn't dine there.

Not for nothing, 17.99 for so so food at a buffet at Cedar Point is pretty darn good in an amusement park -- try 29.99 at Walt Disney World for a typical buffet with so so food, and 34.99 for a buffet with somewhat decent food....

Your not going to find dining "bargains" in a park whose sold purpose is to make money.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service