New for 2010 List?

Here are the photos of the median between Perimeter Rd and the Marina lot.

Looking toward Park

Looking toward Causeway

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

Jason Hammond said:
Is this new sinage? They look like dry erase boards.

Not dry erase boards:). They are sign boards for which a laminated sign will be placed in. All four sides flip out, you insert the sign, then close the sides to "lock" it in place. They are used all over the park in different places and in many sizes.

Last edited by 99er,

So, does anyone know if something was removed or if something is being added?

Sign boards: Wasn't that a come-on for HalloWeekends jobs last year?

Parking lot median: My guess is that the primary reason for that new median is to fill the gap between the utility poles and the stakes for their guy wires. Previously there were parking spaces on either side of the guy wire, but that was a needless hazard. The median prettifies the area a bit and eliminates a nearly invisible hazard.

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

/X\ *** Respect rides. They do not respect you. ***
/XXX\ /X\ /X\_ _ /X\__ _ _____
/XXXXX\ /XXX\ /XXXX\_ /X\ /XXXXX\ /X\ /XXXXX
_/XXXXXXX\_/XXXXX\_/XXXXXXX\_/XXX\_/XXXXXXX\__/XXX\__/XXXXXX

There are new EXIT signs this year in the parking lot. They are going from rainbow to red, white and blue color tones.

Pepsi Refresh is saving one coaster at a time: http://pep.si/bTTsfc

^They match the directional signs that are in the back of the park. I was hoping that they would eventually make them all the same color scheme.

RideMan said:
Sign boards: Wasn't that a come-on for HalloWeekends jobs last year?

Yep. I suspect we'll see new ones for this year in another month or so.

They were originally added last year for the "All you can drink" wristband, which only last a few days. They were then replaced with other signs.

2007: Millennium Force, 2008: Millennium Force ATL, 2009: Top Thrill Dragster
www.pointpixels.com | www.parkpixels.com

Vince982 said:
It looks to me like they will probably do some nice landscaping features there. I'm thinking it will look quite nice when it's all done.

Well, when I was leaving the park today, I noticed they've begun the landscaping. They are lining the entire thing with trees. They did quite a bit last week. But, the storm last night did quite a bit of damage.

When I was leaving the park Thursday afternoon the trees were being delivered. There looked to be a lot of them.

As a note to the storm comment, I just drove through Leamington, Ontario (directly across Lake Erie from Sandusky) where they were hit with at least one suspected tornado last night. I have never seen such damage in my life.

We'll miss you MrScott and Pete

That will be nice to add a little greenery to the parking lot. I thought we were just going to get a berm and some grass.

Vince982 said:
When I was leaving the park Thursday afternoon the trees were being delivered. There looked to be a lot of them.

As a note to the storm comment, I just drove through Leamington, Ontario (directly across Lake Erie from Sandusky) where they were hit with at least one suspected tornado last night. I have never seen such damage in my life.

I know there were 8 confirmed tornados in lower Michigan durring the storm. They coused a lot of damage. I thought for sure that they were heading tourds cedar point.

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard.
Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it.
I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

In Dundee, Mich. a little water park and Cabela's was damaged.

windixie06

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

My friend's high school was completely destroyed, and they were going to have graduation on Sunday. That was moved to a different high school because a school bus was thrown through the gym. The valedictorian's dad died in the storm. That has to be hard. Prayers go out with the 7 people who lost their lives.

Let's Get Weird.

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD. said:
My friend's high school was completely destroyed, and they were going to have graduation on Sunday. That was moved to a different high school because a school bus was thrown through the gym. The valedictorian's dad died in the storm. That has to be hard. Prayers go out with the 7 people who lost their lives.

I think they changed the 7 dead, to 5. None the less it is very sad.

I think I saw some pictures of that high school on the news. It looked like a bomb went off.

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard.
Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it.
I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Fortunately in Leamington no one was killed or even injured. What was discovered is that Canada has a terribly inadequate warning system in place to keep residents safe and alerted incase of extreme weather. On my way to Sandusky and once in town I see tornado sirens all over the place. On Detroit television I see watches and warning all summer long. Late Saturday night and into Sunday morning not a single Canadian network was broadcasting any weather warnings. On all of the Detroit channels you could see severe weather warnings. If you switched to a Canadian network it was just regular programming with nothing special posted.

We'll miss you MrScott and Pete

Vince982 said: On my way to Sandusky and once in town I see tornado sirens all over the place.

Erie county has a really good warning system. If you are within Perkins or Sandusky, you are basically within a mile of a tornado siren at all times.

Erik Lee said:
In Dundee, Mich. a little water park and Cabela's was damaged.

That's an understatement. Dozens of homes were flattened, Sunoco, Marathon, Lone Star, the Hotel next to Cabelas, and a few of the fast food places suffered MAJOR damage (missing roofs, ripped up gas pumps, etc). Not to mention ripped up trees and telephone poles everywhere.

Dundee declared a state of emergency.

That's not even including the tornado probably 20 miles away in Millbury that killed 5 people.

It seems like Sky Ride got some paint this off season on the towers

08 -Thunder Canyon, 09 - Maverick, 10 - Mean Streak, 11 & 12 - Mean Streak ATL, 13 - Maverick TL

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service