New for 2010 List?

Don't try it.

Key FOBs don't work with sound waves.

Dang it. I thought for sure someone would try it. :)

I wonder if the cameras were put back on Maverick. I know they took them off last season because the support brackets for the camera couldn't withstand the ride elements. I thought they were in the process, last season, of getting new supports for the on-ride camera. Tony .... any update on whether we'll see them on Maverick opening day?

New this year Great Lakes Beer

Vince982 said:
Oh man Monday can't come soon enough. New for 2010 for me is that I have to carry car keys around the park for the first time ever! My first two cars were Ford products that that had keyless entry. It was the best thing ever. Toss the keys in the centre console and lock the doors. Come back to the car after a long day, punch in the 5 digit code and I was good to go. I love my Monte Carlo now, but I miss that feature more than anything.

Chevy models have Onstar.
"Hello Onstar, Can you unlock my car. I left my keys in there so I wouldn't lose them while riding roller coasters at Cedar Point. Thanks"

And they can remotely disable your vehicle as well.

Brandon

^ I don't know how that's going to help.

Keys, Cash, and Pass is all I'm bringing in.

It won't; it's just a reminder that tecnology giveth, and technology taketh away.

If I were your email system administrator, I could read your email, if I wanted to.

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

/X\ *** Respect rides. They do not respect you. ***
/XXX\ /X\ /X\_ _ /X\__ _ _____
/XXXXX\ /XXX\ /XXXX\_ /X\ /XXXXX\ /X\ /XXXXX
_/XXXXXXX\_/XXXXX\_/XXXXXXX\_/XXX\_/XXXXXXX\__/XXX\__/XXXXXX

I can't wait to hear all the surprise changes after people go tomorrow, so make sure to post them!

I just leave my keys in the hotel room at the Breakers! ;)

When you visit CP, visit my Mill, est. 1835

Usually Tony/Tyler post a (rather detailed) list of improvments ,this is the first year I havent seen one so far ,thats to bad,,I guess we do our own and extensively comment (they must be busy with all the new jobs they have ).. LOL

Phantom 1898 said

Chevy models have Onstar.
"Hello Onstar, Can you unlock my car. I left my keys in there so I wouldn't lose them while riding roller coasters at Cedar Point. Thanks"

Yes but mine doesn't. That's the only thing it doesn't have unfortunately. I never had a back up plan if my battery failed with my Mercury or Lincoln because I always kept my car in good enough shape that the battery wouldn't die so suddenly. Plus, I did it so many times and so many places that I never even worried about it.

We'll miss you MrScott and Pete

I noticed something yesterday that no one has seemed to mention. They have added a median between perimeter rd and the marina lot. There's a curb, wrapped around about 6 feet of dirt right now. The dirt is all staked out with excavation markers. So there's more than just grass going in. I'm assuming that they will be putting in some more lights. That is a dark area to drive through at night. I have driven past it twice now and have neglected to get any pictures. I will try to get some either later or tomorrow.

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

It looks to me like they will probably do some nice landscaping features there. I'm thinking it will look quite nice when it's all done.

We'll miss you MrScott and Pete

I just noticed the on ride video was removed from Raptor and Woodstock Express. The employee at Raptor said they weren't selling. Standard photo is back.

I dont know if this is new or not, but did anyone notice the new shed ( about the same size as the one by STR) in the middle of MF first overbank?

^^
I always wondered just what you would even do with a Raptor on-ride video. It doesn't seem like something that would have any replay value, and I pity the poor dinner party guests that get roped into watching it along with vacation slides. With a photo, you can passively enjoy it, but a DVD requires that you actually do something with it.

Sounds like a lot of other park guests were having the same inner-dialogue.

The path you tread is narrow, and the drop is sheer and very high.

OK, I found out that this was actually a change from last year. But, I don't remember seeing any talk about it.

I bought an On Ride Photo for my nephew yesterday. Normally I get the standard photo in the single fold holder. I noticed a hard cover book that was designed to hold a photo for each of the rides with an onride photo. It was pretty nice. She told me getting the book was the same costs the folder. Knowing we had several photos at home thats could be put in there, I took the book.

It makes sense that the park would give this book away with a photo. It's definitely promotes buying more photos. There is a spot to write the date that you "conquered" the ride, there's stats from the ride and a few stock shots as well. It's now at hit house, or I'd post photos.

So, I didn't think it was worth creating a new thread for this. It's not new to the park per-say. I spent part of this past weekend shooting photos and created this "new" panorama of the park and causeway.

I got these pictures this past weekend. Is this new sinage? They look like dry erase boards.

Top Thrill Dragster

Magnum

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service