New for 2006 - Skyhawk

Wow. Cedar Point truly has no idea what it's doing. Build a family ride. Build a water ride. Build a ride that fits the Frontiertown theme. Build a ride that at least has substance. Build something different or better than the year before. Build a big swing in Challenge Park. This is stupid. This is "Six Flags mentality" at it's cheapest. I've lost respect for Kinzel and the "minds" running this park.

I give up.

Any similarity in name is purely coincidental.

Cool. Shorter lines.

Let's go straight to the Merry-Go-Round!

Forgive us if we expect a little more from "The Greatest Amusement Park on the Planet".

Both "sides" here have valid points (not a wise move vs. diff. experience than maXair).

It would seem to me that with such low price tag, CP could have added another flat somewhere else in the park. Something different than the swings, and something with a higher capacity.

But, I suppose since they saved a bundle this year, we just might get those savings passed on to us in '07 in the form of a kick-a** coaster (note: NOT a 500 footer).

Brandon

Well the majority of you say you don't like it. That's ashame. I like it and I can't wait to ride it. This is a great addition to Cedar Point and to me is the first move to boosting attendance in that area of the park. I mean bringing more people back there. And for the average family that goes maybe 2-3 times a year, the new lower prices $39.95 is a sweet deal. You guys can quote me on that line, but I think Families will be able to save money for stuff like Food, parking, etc. SkyHawk, I'm loving it already.

Well...... The paint job dosen't look like it is going to fit in. It's nothing unique.

Cool I will ride it once and that will be about it unless I really like it. Why? Mainly because there isn't enough back there to make me stay up there like where Maxair is. Not to many people are going to go back there more than once just to ride it.

On a bright note something is going in WWL's place there is going to be more than just that in the next few years. Have some faith in the best amusement park in the world.

<Matt>
101 on Magnum and counting...

I like the decrease in admission prices, that is great.

Some people on this website had stated we were going to get a "Screaming Swing" ride (another thread), so I was not too suprised.

Just because CP doesn't "give you what you want" is not a reason to "not go anymore."

Remember, CP is a FAMILY park and they try to make rides that are fun for everyone. Maybe someone doesn't want to ride maXair or WT because it spins around, maybe Skyhawk is something they could enjoy.

Cedar Point, Americas rip- rockin', high flyin', sky defyin', record breakin' roller coast

Wow, some of you kids are never satisfied. So what, they didn't build twenty new rides and a new coaster? All in all, it looks like fun. Who cares if it's sort of seems like it might possibly could give an essentially same feeling as Maxair. How many of you have actually ridden one of these? Hmm? You know, the park has two woodies. Clearly we need to tear one of them down because they're so similar. They also has two out and back steel coasters. They should amend that situation too.

CP has been lacking good flat rides, and the moment we get a new one, everyone is complaining. We all saw it coming. And we all know there will be something big next year that'll be in the WWL area. How is it such a bad things the CF is spending money at their other parks that could use larger capital investment? How is it a bad thing that they might be saving up their money?

I, personally, think it's a good addition. Sure it's not "awesomely-coolest-bestest-coaster ever" but it's a solid addition to the park's lineup. Plus, the price reductions all over sound great. And you'd think people would be happy with a new ride. Sheesh. If you don't like their decisions, don't go to the park. But I'll venture to say that if and when they announce their next large expansion, you'll all come crying back.

Go Cubbies!
2007 hopefuls: SFGAdv, CP, PKI, HW, DP, HP, GL!

Wow. the collective age of the complainers in this thread must be, what? 12/14?

I've been waiting for this announcement for so long, just so i can sit back and watch this **** happen. Every single one of you who thinks they have no idea what they're doing are in for a real treat. I'd love to see you plopped behind Kinzel's desk for even a day, I bet you'd have a nervous breakdown.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and wager that none of you have been on a screamin' swing yet. at all.

The experience feels so completely unlike maXair that most people won't even compare the 2 after riding. First things, it uses a VERY minimal lapbar restraint system versus the very restrictive OTSR-things on maXair. Most people will see this as more "extreme". Not to mention there are a TON of people who won't even LOOK at maXair because the spinning makes them vomit, but they might come to ride Skyhawk because it won't get them sick.

The sheer impressive-ness of even the smaller screamin' swings is hard to describe, but I imagine this "giant" version will be pretty awe-inspiring as well.

Okay, so it swings. So does Ocean Motion. I guess maXair copied that huh? You know what else? Troika is really similar to the scrambler and the Matterhorn is almost the same ride as the Super Himilaya, I guess we'd better tear those out too.

For God's sake, stop thinking about only yourselves. Amusement parks do things in the best interest of their BUSINESS, not "hmmm, I wonder what little johnny toolbox is going to think if we put this ride in next year....?"

-Josh

Skyhawk isn't anything groundbreaking or new...but come on, folks. It's just an amusement park! They don't need to rock your world every year!

It'll probably be a fun ride. Heck, I thought MaxAir was a lot of fun. Yes, this is similar...but in a few years everyone's going to turn this into a Power Tower vs. Demon Drop argument that they're really not the same.

And in 2007 we'll probably see something new in WWL's area...did anyone really expect them to announce something new in a spot that was still occupied with a working ride up until yesterday?

And lower prices is a very good thing.

Yeah. They took away the maXair webcam. :(

I think this will be a great addition especially for that part of the park. My guess is it is just the beginning of the revitalization of Frontier Town, with Skyhawk this year and most likely a major new ride in WWL’s space. I think what they are going to do to Frontier Town is similar to what they had been doing to the Wicket Twister area of the park, and revitalize it and bring more people back there. Skyhawk is just the beginning of something big. I can’t wait to see what they add to that area next.

Yall need to shut up and be happy...i mean at least we got a new ride!!!

-StEvEn JaMeS

Bobthecoasterguy,

As someone who's been visiting this park annually for nearly 30 years, I believe my opinion is a valid as anyone else's. I'm not looking for another new super-coaster or even an attraction that is bigger and better than the year before. In fact, I wouldn't spill any tears if they tore down Dragster for a Trabant or Rotor. I don't like this decision because I do not see the benefit of having another similar, possibly less-impressive thrill ride in that area of the park. It is a ride that shares the same appeal as MaxAir - teens and young adults. And to remove a family ride like White Water Landing is just another slap in the face to the family segment. Teens and young adults aren't the ones staying in Hotel Breakers for multiple days. Families are.

Cedar Point has been a tradition in our family for a long time, and it's upsetting to see this quality model they had going, where they were able to satisfy all segments of the market, narrow itself into a thrill-only park that always needs to break records and have the most coasters no matter the cost to the magic and history of this great park and the families that made it the success it is today.

Funny how I am 14. Anyway as in the post I had above. This would be a very stupid decision "IF" that was all they were putting in the near future. But because of WWL being taken out, I would assume that 2007 will be the big year and now the decision becomes a good one.

Oh last time I checked we are all entitled to our own opionins and people shoulden't be looked down upon because of them.

Just standing up for those who disagree with you.

<Matt>
101 on Magnum and counting...

i guess we're not too far off from all those groovy construction play by play posts like "look at that guy tightening a nut". can't wait.

i live at the saint pia zadora golden buckeye retirement community

I think the TTD disaster is the reason for this. There probaby isn't enough money for a coaster just yet, so they are going with a safe, yet exciting flat ride. However, $6 million would build a nice wooden coaster. Looks like a great ride, but I don't understand what all the hype was about. I was hoping for some new Soak City atrractions as well. Oh well, let's see if 2007 brings the coaster everone is looking for that is long in duration.

I think this will be a very fun ride. I wish they could have painted it to match the area but oh well. My only question is, how is it that on the CP site they say it will be the largest ride of its type and yet it's dimensions are exactly the same as Valleyfairs swing?

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, yes. As soon as you start screaming that opinion and shoving it down everyone's throats as if it's the only one that matters, that's when I have a problem with it.

So far I have seen "They don't know what they're doing" and "What a stupid choice" and a couple of other quotes as such. Most every one of you will have a change of tune once you ride it. It's NOTHING like maXair.

-Josh

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service