Mean Streak Rolls Back 7/12

I just wanted to let you guys know that Mean Streak rolled back yesterday on the first drop. Apparently the ride kepting e-stopping itself and when they sent an empty train afterwards it didn't clear the first turn. The rollback may have been caused by the trim hitting too hard on the drop or something getting caught in a wheel causing too much drag.

Anyway, I [and especially Bradwags] just wanted to let you guys know about it.

------------------
...and the most anticipated event of summer 2003 is...

The Matrix: Reloaded!

I was there on 7/10, and the trims were grabbing *hard*, with the train crawling through the first two turns. It seemed slower than it usually is. I figured that I noticed the trims more because I was sitting near the front. Perhaps they really were set a bit tighter.

------------------
It's not war, famine, or pestilence; it's only downtime.

What would happen if they just turned the brakes off? I mean, would it be so bad to have more people on the ride?

------------------
Ohio State, here I come!

The brakes keep the ride from destroying its self, thus lowering maintenance costs. Unfortunately, Monty told us at Coaster Mania that we won't see anything change reguarding MS.

------------------
-Chris Woodard
"We got pop and Gatorade over here for $100 a bottle, so have your credit card ready. Seriously, the food here is so expensive, I just eat the condiments because I can't afford a meal." - MF que DJ 6/16/03

wow. the train barely cleared that first hill / turn when i was there a few weeks ago. they should fix it or just rip the damn thing down. its a pos as it is and i dont see myself ever riding it again.
I don't know if CP would want to do this, but couldn't they replace some of the wooden support structure with metal support structure? The reasons I could think that they wouldn't do this are:

1) they probably don't want to dump more money into it than they already are just to maintain it

2) Some people think it might take away from the ride, even if it meant they could turn off the trim.

3) It might make a problem with the wood expanding and contracting and the metal structure not, but if I remember correctly there are other woodies that have partial steel support structures. I think Son of Beast might be one of these.

------------------
Arms down.....Arms down.....Arms down.......Arms down.....Arms down....Arms down...(you think they would get it the first time?!)
*** This post was edited by liebevision 7/14/2003 6:47:45 PM ***

From what I have heard, there are 5 full time union workers dedicated to Mean Streak. That's a lot of $$ right there...not including the price of materials, ride ops, etc.

MrScott

------------------
"If we go any faster, she'll blow apart for sure!"

Actually, I believe there are six crew members who maintain the roller coaster. Three just to walk around and inspect it and three who actually do physical work on the rollercoaster. I just heard that somewhere, don't remember.

But I think fixing this ride is worth it, it's an amazing rollercoaster structually, it only has that one design flaw that could really make the roller coaster much better. It's great to get on a ride that is just so rough and rugged.

------------------
Life has it's ups and downs, might as well make it on a coaster!

I noticed the crane outside the station yesterday when I drove by, I figured it rolled back. Mean Streak rollbacks are getting to be like Gemini rollbacks, no big deal, no big surprise.

------------------
Dan Haverlock
'03 Magnum Crew
magnum 2392 * TTD 12
www.dannyjphoto.com

The ride is also outfitted with a sprinkler system specifically for the expansion/contraction thing....on the other hand, the ride just, I don't know, it needs something...just don't know what it is...

------------------
"What time does the 10 pm laser show start?"

Did anyone take a pic of the rollback?? Just out of curiosity. Thanx-:) Does anyone know the color of the train that rollbacked??

------------------
MF= 56 rides
2002 MF crew, Cad Car crew, and Mean Streak crew
*** This post was edited by Amy Pace 7/15/2003 12:04:22 AM ***

This thing is starting to roll back more than the prices at wal-mart...........hehehe. And no, I wasent at controles this time.

neo said:
The ride is also outfitted with a sprinkler system specifically for the expansion/contraction thing....on the other hand, the ride just, I don't know, it needs something...just don't know what it is...

------------------
"What time does the 10 pm laser show start?"

....to be demolished?

Lol jk, I really don't like the coaster, but some people do.
------------------
OMG! The Space Spiral is leaning!!" Must be the weight of that new air conditioning system everyone keeps hypothesizing about...

Tonight at employee ride night it was kicking ass without lights. My first ride was the first one of the night up front without trims...definitely an awesome ride. It should always run without trims.

------------------
...and the most anticipated event of summer 2003 is...

The Matrix: Reloaded!

Kind of off subject but the word "trims" made me want to post it. The had the trims off Magnum last night. Maybe it was just my luck because im sure they were off more often this season, but that was my first no-trim ride this season and let me tell you what they were my best Magnum rides this year. A night ride on Magnum with no-trims is almost the best thrill in the whole park for me.
Magnum Rides this year: 26

------------------
2003 Statistics
Top Thrill Dragster: 8
Millennium Force: 18
Trips to the point: 22

were the flat area trims off on the mean streak? before the first hill brakes were put to use the first part of the ride was really good if i remember. it was just after that flat area that it got boring and slow.

what magnum brakes are there? after the turnaround?

The magnum trims are right before the helix.

------------------
2003 Statistics
Top Thrill Dragster: 8
Millennium Force: 18
Trips to the point: 22

To continue off the subject, MF doesn't have any trims, right?
MF has brakes at the end, thats all. Thats also all it needs, I like how it's fast the whole ride.
I was there 7th 8th and 9th and rode Mean Streak lots of times. We desided to stop riding it after it barly made it around the first 2 turn. The first drop seemed realy slow I don't think we went over 55 mph.

------------------
X2 is the best movie ever!!!
I was in it!!!

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service