Mean Streak 2010

Chase Gilbert said:
Just my opinion: IF they were to tear down MS, I would think they would replace it with another wood coaster. Blue Streak is a fun ride, but to have it as your only true wood coaster in a park like CP would be ridiculous.

Idk what the big deal would be if CP only had BS as their only woodie. HW does just fine with "just" having 3 woodies...granted they are AWESOME woodies but just woodies none the less :)
The most popular coasters at CP are MF, Mav and TTD-steels. No one would miss MS.

I have to think that the MS fans have never been on a good woodie. Such as the aforementioned HW woodies, or Ghostrider at Knotts, or my absolute fav woodie, Terminator Salvation at SFMM. You should not get off a woodie feeling like you ruptured your spleen or kidneys. I LOVE the Beast too but it can kill you depending on when you ride, and where you sit. Although I can honestly say I was pleasantly surprised by the Beast's last row ride, something I wouldnt dream of doing on MS.

Why do I keep riding MS? They did amazing retrack work on BS several years ago (05? 06?) same with Raging Wolf Bobs at GL, and the Racers at KI this year. I keep hoping for the same for MS, and every year I am disappointed, and honestly the ride is almost as bad as SOBs was.
DP razed Hercules and I didnt think it was that bad!!!

MS is now down to 2 trains, it is now unrideable even in the front car. Guests scream during the ride, they are silent when asked "how was your ride?" How long do you keep wasting the $ on something that obviously is a piece of crap? :(

Jo
Lifetime Raptor flights: 2246 :)

It's all about getting around the barrels, or over the fences, right leads, no faults, fastest time and looking pretty when done. What's so hard about that?

For a coaster that is unrideable my son rides over and over and just loves it. I have ridden it since it was built and I still ride it to this day. It is not the same i'll give you that, I don't like the trims on the 1st hill but it is anything but unrideable.

1)Magnum 2) Blue streak 3) Millennium 4)Diamondback 5) Maverick 6)Dragster (Point lover since 66 age 8)

I honestly wouldn't see the point of a complete retrack of this ride. It needs new trains with a complete retrack job and the elimination of the brake at the top of the hill and the mid-course ot make this even enjoyable for me. I ride it every now and then, but don't make a point of it.

Everyone always asks what are all those quee's for in the middle of Mean Streak during the summer. Well show up any saturday in October if the weather is nice and at least have of them will be full.

windixie06

I woulden't call ghostrider, a "good" woodie.

It was actualy a brutal ride.

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard.
Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it.
I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Second that opinion, crazy. Every time I go back to KBF, I approach that ride with an open mind...and thus get my brains pounded in as a reward.

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

Third that opinion, crazy. Was on it a few years ago and had my internal organs rearranged. Was sad to see, because I lived in southern Cal when it was first built and rode it the first year. It was a wonderful ride at that time.

OK maybe I should have used Ghostrider (IN THE FRONT) as an example. I made the dire mistake of riding it in the back this past summer and memories of SOB did come flowing back, sadly like the blood to my spine :)

Jo
Lifetime Raptor flights: 2246 :)

It's all about getting around the barrels, or over the fences, right leads, no faults, fastest time and looking pretty when done. What's so hard about that?

I suspect, though, that the problems Ghostrider has experienced are not at the same magnitude as MS's. Remember, Mean Streak has already gone through a major reprofiling, first drop trims, etc., without improving the comfort and smoothness of the ride. Ghostrider strikes me as more akin to Villain (they are similar, after all). Maybe all it needs is a tweak here and there, along with a basic re-tracking. Timberliners might help someday.

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

How many rides/coasters do you think they could fit back in Mean Streak's place if they took her down? I can see them putting in a Dive Machine and a GCI back there all in that one spot. Not that I want either of them, I'm just saying what I think they would put back there.

Let's Get Weird.

I know I love the Meanstreak, but she is riding really rough! I hope they do something in the off months to help it because it is not fun to get off a ride in pain!

Life is like a rollercoaster! It is full of ups and downs

I'm hoping for next year they do something for Mean Streak since she will be 20 years old! I'm hoping they do more work like they did in that one section of track this past off-season. I forget where that new section of track was added, but hopefully they do more where the train is jack hammering around the turns. I've mentioned before if GCI or GG came in and worked on Mean Streak, they could make it a top coaster again. I forget who has said already, but I like the idea of adding Timber Liner Trains like what Lightning Racer has.

^^Actually, Lightning Racer has Millennium Flyer trains built by GCI. If Mean Streak was to get Millennium Flyer Trains, the whole track would have to be re-tracked. Timberliners are made by Gravity Group.

I haven't been on the forums much lately, as I've been visiting Cedar Point & King's Island, but I just had to stand up for Mean Streak again. There has been so much talk about it being particularly rough this year, and I couldn't disagree more - in the VERY front seat of the train, leaning forward (don't put back against seat back).

I rode this twice on Season Pass Appreciation Day (gold train), and believe it or not, it gave the favorite rides of the day! The absolute key is to ride in the very front seat of the whole train, and don't sit back in the seat like a noodle. Yes, when the very front seat has a long line and every other seat is empty, I know the temptation is great...but don't give in! Sit in the very front seat, lean forward, and brace yourself. My rides were as smooth as every wooden coaster I've ever been on.

I'm convinced this formula works after I converted the 2 biggest Mean Streak haters into fans. They couldn't understand why sitting in the second row of the front car would provide such a rough ride while the front was so much smoother, but I explained.

Anyway, because of the fire, it's supposely closed for the season, but try this next season.

Also, don't get me wrong. Do I think it's okay that a roller coaster is only good in 1 row of seats in the entire train? No. But, riding in that row, it's not even a fraction as bad as everyone makes it out to be. If they could alter the trains to get the same smoothness in the very front seats as every seat on the train, I don't think you'd ever hear any complaints about Mean Streak again.

Ffej said:

Anyway, because of the fire, it's supposely closed for the season, but try this next season.

What fire?

RideWarrior18 said:
I still hold firm as one of the few people that actually ENJOY MS. It can be a fun ride, a defensive one for sure, but defintely fun. If they just splurged a little bit, maybe get GCI or GG to come in, do some work on the structure and track, and it could be a womderful ride. Plus, maybe throw the Millennium Flyers or Timberliners on there if they get it right. That would remove the need for the the trims on the drop and they could lighten up the MCBR. There is still a lot of potentiel in this ride.

Bingo !!! I think this ride could be awesome if it was just able and allowed to "perform" ! Maybe the fact that it has shut down early is a sign that an overhaul is coming. Won't hold my breath though as I still maintain that CP obviously feels, at least up until now, that they don't have a problem with this ride. Otherwise we would have seen something done besides the normal off-season maintenance.

I was super before Super Stew was cool !

Jax R. said:

Ffej said:

What fire?

http://www.sanduskyregister.com/2010/sep/22/meanstreak092310tjxml

Thanks for the url... Glad they got to it before it did any major damage.

Mean Streak on her worst day is NOTHING like Son of Beast. Mean Streak can actually be a good coaster and I have had good rides on it. Lately though it has been a one ride per visit

The worst ride I had on Mean Streak(only a few weeks ago) was worse by far than anything SOB's thrown at me. IMO, the only decent seat on MS is the front seat. Otherwise count me out, period.

Even though SOB was painful, at least the track layout is somewhat interesting, and I've no complaints about the giant drop, which I always found exhilarating. In other words, I felt like I had been through something thrilling. It's hard to say whether Mean Streak is as rough as SOB, but I still think that the thrill/pain ratio was better on SOB, as there isn't any element on MS that excites me very much. I realize that we're still talking about the lesser of two evils, but I still think that there is potentially more to save by overhauling SOB than overhauling MS.

And I have to say that when defenders of MS still won't sit in over 50% of the seats on the train, the ride becomes largely indefensible.

The path you tread is narrow, and the drop is sheer and very high.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service