Mean Streak 2010

The front wheel benches seem to deliver a better ride than the back wheels. Not that this is any way a huge revelation.

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

^It indeed does to give a better ride if sitting in any front car. I have to say Mean Streak is a blast in the front. Last year, I had a few trim-less rides on the ride, it was great.

If I have to ride mean streak, it will be in the front. You would have to hold a gun to my head to get me to sit in the back of the train.

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard.
Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it.
I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

It's actually a pretty fun ride at night.

Rode Mean Squeak yesterday, front car, gold train.

Trim brake off...now normally that would get someone excited, but it was horrible. The ride into the turn was jackhammering everywhere. Without a doubt one of the worst rides ever, even for being in the front.

I so wish CP would either do the Texas Giant thing or better yet, the Hercules thing.

Jo
Lifetime Raptor flights: 2246 :)

It's all about getting around the barrels, or over the fences, right leads, no faults, fastest time and looking pretty when done. What's so hard about that?

Yes, but Hercules was followed by Hydra. What would come after a Mean Streak? Toilet Paper: the Ride?

A Nice Streak of course!

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Just so long as it's not Son of Streak... ;)

Red Streak in 2012!

Some things never change... Haven't been on here in quite a while, but, you guys are STILL trashing Mean Streak. If you don't like it, don't ride it. I guess you wouldn't have anything to whine about though...

As you may have noticed, the title of the thread is "Mean Streak 2010". In this thread, people have been discussing the relative status of MS in the current season. If you had cared to read the whole six preceding pages, you might have observed that there are people both supporting, and those disenchanted with, the ride. In fact, some people have gone both ways (self included).

If some things truly never change, I'm curious what your impetus was to post now?

What exactly did they do to Texas Giant and Hydra? Just curious, as I'm one of the people who actually enjoys riding mean streak from time to time. Granted, it's not one of my "must ride" coasters, but sometimes I enjoy the rough feel of a wood roller coaster. Maybe it just brings back memories of yesteryear, when steel was something you only got at Disney or Magic Mountain. :)

Texas Giant is getting steel track, and Hydra is a B&M floorless coaster that was built where a wooden coaster about the same age as Mean Streak once was.

And more importantly, Hercules was also a Dinn & Summers creation.

Ensign Smith said:
And more importantly, Hercules was also a Dinn & Summers creation.

How the heck did I get Hydra out of Hercules??? Must not have had my full daily caffeine intake :).

As far as putting steel track on Mean Streak, that would just give us a bigger Gemini, minus the racing aspect IMO. Wood coasters are supposed to beat you up to some extent. To repeat what others have said at point in this discussion, it is called "Mean Streak" after all.

Well, they both started with an 'H'... ;)

I still hold firm as one of the few people that actually ENJOY MS. It can be a fun ride, a defensive one for sure, but defintely fun. If they just splurged a little bit, maybe get GCI or GG to come in, do some work on the structure and track, and it could be a womderful ride. Plus, maybe throw the Millennium Flyers or Timberliners on there if they get it right. That would remove the need for the the trims on the drop and they could lighten up the MCBR. There is still a lot of potentiel in this ride.

However, if we were to tear it down, I'd love to see something like Lightning Racer put in its place. Hey, I can dream can't I?

JohnMosesBrowning said:
Some things never change... Haven't been on here in quite a while, but, you guys are STILL trashing Mean Streak. If you don't like it, don't ride it. I guess you wouldn't have anything to whine about though...

Naaaa...

Then they would just focus the bashing on disaster transport.

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard.
Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it.
I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

RideWarrior18 said:

However, if we were to tear it down, I'd love to see something like Lightning Racer put in its place. Hey, I can dream can't I?

I like your way of thinking. I went to Hershey Park for the first time this summer and Lightning Racer was one of the coasters that blew me away. That would be cool in the back of the park. Some might argue it to be similar to Gemini, but I doubt it because Gemini races each other the whole time. Lightning Racer does that a little bit and then both trains go away from each other but come back to the starting line at the same time.

Definitely though, if GCI or GG came in to do some work on Mean Streak, it could be like the streak everyone loved when it first opened. Me personally, I still enjoy riding Mean Streak. I just ride it maybe a couple times and go on with my day.

Just my opinion: IF they were to tear down MS, I would think they would replace it with another wood coaster. Blue Streak is a fun ride, but to have it as your only true wood coaster in a park like CP would be ridiculous. I like MS, ride it once in a while, yet still wouldn't mind seeing some improvements, as long as it stays a true woodie. If they do build a new woodie, please put some monster helix in it, something like Beast at KI has. Rode that for the first time this year, and it is my #1 wood coaster. Great ride, awesome use of terrain features, and that monster helix that feels like it may go on forever.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service