Job Postings for 2018

ValravnCP said:

Congrats Kpr on getting Steel Vengeance!

Thank you! I dropped my phone and confused the hell out of Debra the moment those words came out of her mouth

And congrats above for getting Raptor, that is one of the most fun rides to work in area 1

16 - Pipe Scream
17 - TL Slingshot
18 - TL Steel Vengeance
19 - Sup Tiques/Wave

^I'm pretty sure I had a conversation with you at stockade some point last season thinking you'd be at SV lol

2015 - Ride Host: Shoot the Rapids 2016 - Team Leader: Ripcord/Challenge Golf 2017 - Supervisor: Thunder Canyon 2018 - Supervisor: Camp Snoopy 2019 - Supervisor: Power Tower

Ugh multiple people told me that but I refused to believe it because the returning as a TL thing doesn't happen that often

I guess I should learn to listen to people sometimes lol

16 - Pipe Scream
17 - TL Slingshot
18 - TL Steel Vengeance
19 - Sup Tiques/Wave

I forget, mainly because I never worked rides and only know what people that did told me, is TL the same thing as a location supervisor?

Yes. All rides have a supervisor and a TL and they both do the exact same duties. TL's are typically people getting into their first year of leadership while sups are returning (and they get paid slightly more)

16 - Pipe Scream
17 - TL Slingshot
18 - TL Steel Vengeance
19 - Sup Tiques/Wave

Thanks for the info. Live E has a very different structure, so it is always interesting to learn more about the other departments, even though I no longer work there. I'm excited to get back down to the park regardless.

Going in for my call with Shaun this morning, wish me luck. Blew my chances 4 years ago because of my awkwardness, not this time

Last edited by Steel Vegan,

Applied for rides on Friday. Hoping for a call sometime this week. Is that likely to happen? Or is this week to soon for it to happen with having just applied on Friday?

Steel Vegan said:
Going in for my call with Shaun this morning, wish me luck. Blew my chances 4 years ago because of my awkwardness, not this time

How did it go with Shaun?

Jake Padden
13-Tiques/Wave Swinger
12-Camp Snoopy; Tiques/Wave Swinger
11-CP & LE Railroad Platform; Cedar Creek Mine Ride; Tiques/Wave Swinger

^^Patience. The hiring season really just went into motion last week, so give it time.

2015 - Ride Host: Shoot the Rapids 2016 - Team Leader: Ripcord/Challenge Golf 2017 - Supervisor: Thunder Canyon 2018 - Supervisor: Camp Snoopy 2019 - Supervisor: Power Tower

There was also a power outage affecting CP and Sandusky today lol. I doubt the managers got much done today

16 - Pipe Scream
17 - TL Slingshot
18 - TL Steel Vengeance
19 - Sup Tiques/Wave

My Skype interview went great today!

R.I.P Luminosity ~ 2012-2017 ~ Greatest show in Heaven, Hell or Earth
Steel Vengeance rides: 20

ValravnCP said:

My Skype interview went great today!

Yay! Welcome to Area 3!!!

16 - Pipe Scream
17 - TL Slingshot
18 - TL Steel Vengeance
19 - Sup Tiques/Wave

Thanks! I'm really excited!

R.I.P Luminosity ~ 2012-2017 ~ Greatest show in Heaven, Hell or Earth
Steel Vengeance rides: 20

ValravnCP said:
Thanks! I'm really excited!

That’s awesome. Are you doing platform or engine house? Just curious.

Jake Padden
13-Tiques/Wave Swinger
12-Camp Snoopy; Tiques/Wave Swinger
11-CP & LE Railroad Platform; Cedar Creek Mine Ride; Tiques/Wave Swinger

Anyone have Shauns email on hand? Would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Congrats to those with their placements, I hope you'll have a great start at the point.

For those in the interview process good luck and keep that patience. Sometimes it can take a bit of time for things to get processed. Wish you all the best!

-The Ohio State University-
2016 - Gemini
2017 - Gemini Team Leader
2018 - Frontier Fling Location Supervisor

I told a few already, but I was just hired for the Frontier Fling. I’m super excited!

1999: First visit
Halloweekends- Harvest Fear, Tombstone Terror-Tory
Ride Operations- Professor Delbert’s Frontier Fling

Congrats! Welcome to the extra charge ride club, Fling is a wonderful ride to work I hope I get to do it at some point

Also just a suggestion for you first years getting hired in rides, search for the 2018 Cedar Point Ride Operations group on facebook, it will help you immensely with getting to know your crew as well as people in the entire department before you get here

Last edited by kpr66,

16 - Pipe Scream
17 - TL Slingshot
18 - TL Steel Vengeance
19 - Sup Tiques/Wave

Already have. And joined the Raptor group as well. I agree, it’s helped already and I expect it will help more in the coming months.

2018- Raptor

CP Top 5- 1)MF 2) Maverick 3) Gatekeeper 4) Top Thrill Dragster 5) Raptor

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service