How many times did you go to CP this 2017?

I live an hour and 30 minutes away and made it there 24 times this year, three less then my record last year of 27. I'm hoping to move closer to the park to get many more visits. My life goal is to go 1000 times and I'm at 171 right now.

13. Yearly totals in my sig. Round trip 150 miles/2 1/2 hrs drive time.

456 trips = 69,400 miles driven for CP. LOL

number of times to Cedar Point:50s/60s/70s/80s-3,1995-1,1996-27,1997-18,1998-13,1999-20,2000-16,2001-8,2002-7,2003-18,2004-14,2005-18,2006-28,2007-16,2008-17,2009-28,2010-26,2011-27,2012-21,2013-18,2014-24,2015-29,2016-46,2017-13,2018-14,2019-10,2020-0,2021-3 Running Total-483 72,000 miles traveled for the point.

3 trips, 9 days this season. We are about 4.5 hours away and had nice, easy drives each time. Great season for us at the park. Looking at about the same amount of time next year.

CP Coaster Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance (40 rides to date) 2. Top Thrill Dragster (191 launches to date, 4 rollbacks) 3. Magnum XL 200 4. Millennium Force 5. Maverick 6. Raptor 7. GateKeeper 8. Valravn 9. Rougarou 10. Gemini

5 or 6. The Hootenanny was my first visit, then 4 or 5 Fridays for Halloweekends. Definitely underused my pass compared to my normal season. Never made it to kings island.

90 miles from my driveway to cp shores lot.

Maverick since '99

2 four day trips one in spring, one end of august and one holloweekend, I am also from Rochester, ny. got 2 days at kings island, 1 at Dorney and went last Sunday to wonderland. all in all 15 park visits this year and platinum pass worth every penny.

Not enough. We got Platinum Passes this year, because we wanted to check out Kings Island as well as our annual CP trip. Did 2 full days at Kings Island, and 4 full days at Cedar Point. That was all one full week trip from Pittsburgh to Columbus (for Brewdog) then to Kings Island, then heading to Cedar Point we stopped overnight in Dublin, OH. We planned on going a few more times, it just never panned out.

Yes! if I lived closer I would go there every single day they were open, and I probably wouldn't have to go grocery shopping because two meals a day is enough for me and the beach I would spend more time at 2. Every time we go though we really kill it, we always go before they open and stay till after they close.

I'm not sure what Mean Streak Henry's plans are because I didn't talk to him, but you might have competition if he decides to stay.

I live in Columbus, and KI is the closest park to me. I went there once in the spring to try Mystic Timbers and never went back until closing day. Which is unusual.
Instead I made my way to CP a lot more often. I didn’t count my visits but several were overnight. I might’ve passed through the gate 7 or 8 times. Maybe 9. I generally prefer CP anyway, but this year the lure of Steel Vengeance construction kept me interested enough to keep going north.
I’m usually a solo visitor but this summer I had a several occasions where friends took days off to go with me and that was nice. It makes for a much more pleasant trip up and back, and it’s always nice to go to the park with someone who isn’t a frequent visitor. My enthusiast friend who visited us from St Louis hadn’t been to CP in 13 years so that was a great day. Beautiful weather, low crowds, and he had lots of catching up to do.

And with trips to Charlotte, Santa Claus, and Puyallup thrown in there it made for a great season overall. In November we have a few days in Gatlinburg, so that’s ahead to close out the year. All that’s left is to pray for decent weather down there.

Especially considering the ride ops many times allowed him to remain on the exit side platform and jump in an empty seat if one was available. I don't mind old guys getting their jollys sitting on a ride all day, but he shouldn't have received special treatment and he should be made to go around like everyone else had to do. Fail on CP's part.

Last edited by Pete,

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

Went to CP 12 times this year.

Did anyone see Henry in the park this season?

Enjoying the Ohio park on the shores of beautiful Lake Erie since the mid-1970s!

Yes. I saw him on a few occasions. I saw him on MF and Valravn.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

Cool. I didn't see him at all this year.

Enjoying the Ohio park on the shores of beautiful Lake Erie since the mid-1970s!

He and I rode Millennium Force together. Really nice guy.

Registered Trademark® said:

Not to mention the fact that he was the only person interested in being the Mean Streak rides record holder.

Haha, I wonder if there is someone the same way with Cedar Creek Mine Ride or Corkscrew?

*Wears a t-shirt with total number of rides on Cedar Creek Mine Ride: 5*

CPlife said:

Yes! if I lived closer I would go there every single day they were open, and I probably wouldn't have to go grocery shopping because two meals a day is enough for me and the beach I would spend more time at 2. Every time we go though we really kill it, we always go before they open and stay till after they close.

I was like that too. I took the full shebang of the park opening at 9AM with early entry and leaving after 11PM when it closes in July/August. I started to get tired noon/afternoon, that's when I would just relax and eat, the crowds and lines were always at their worst that time anyways.

Sacrificing playing video games to ride roller coasters.

Well if it means my 15 minutes of fame is here I have to say I've been on CCMR at least 40 times...but do I want to squander my 15 minutes on that probably not there's still a chance I could actually accomplish something significant in life ;)

I don't really keep track but I would estimate about 8-10 trips to CP this summer. Also 2 days at Carowinds and a quick 45 min trip into KI for Mystic Timbers and lunch on a drive home from Holiday World and Kentucky Kingdom.

Last visit I saw the cutest(best way i can think to describe him) old man walking around with maybe a friend or son riding maverick and going into haunted houses. He looked like he was 85 or upwards right out of the assisted living community. If I had seen him anywhere else Id think he was just a regular old man. Not this old man. Though he looked like he didnt know wtf was going on he was enjoying his day. He is my goal for late life.

First ride; Magnum 1994

Several years ago when I was still working at Disney, we brought my grandfather into the park for the day. He was 90 at the time and was in the intermediate stages of dementia. In his lucid days, he was not much for parks or rides, but he was truly like a kid that day walking around and seeing all of the sights. He loved meeting a few of my co workers and just marveled at everything as he walked by. The highlight of the day was riding Test Track with him. Never in my life had I ever seen him having such a genuinely good time as he was on the outside speed loop of Test Track.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service