How many times did you go to CP this 2017?

Just curious. I've been a platinum pass holder for 9 seasons and I've never been curious before, but for some reason this year I am curious: how many times did you come to Cedar Point this year in 2017? I'm sure locals have the highest numbers. I live an hour away so i was only able to come 40 times this year. I have no clue how many times I came in the past years but I know it was about the same. I wonder which local has the most visits, I wonder if anyone has over a hundred? Like perhaps those lucky people that live on that street and/or right outside the parking lot.

I didn't go enough this year. My new job didn't really allow for it as I became promoted in June. However I did get my money's worth

Once

I can just never find time in my busy schedule.

One 3 day trip in July. I live 8 hrs away so that's about all I can do.

CPlife said:

I wonder which local has the most visits, I wonder if anyone has over a hundred? Like perhaps those lucky people that live on that street and/or right outside the parking lot.

I am one of those local of whom you speak and I went less than you did in 2017. I think our final tally for visits was around 32 or 33.

Proud to have fathered a second generation coaster enthusiast destined to keep me young at heart and riding coasters with a willing partner into my golden years!

I live 50 minutes away, I went to the Cedar Point area 22 times, 21 in the park, and 1 Shores only trip.

It would most certainly have been higher if a half hour was slashed from the time.

I guess I should note also I had one Carowinds trip, so that makes my total Cedar Fair trips at 23 for the year. I'm eyeing Kings Island for next year.

Last edited by ImpulsivePhoenix,

Sacrificing playing video games to ride roller coasters.

7 days at Cedar Point, all weekdays in early June or last week of August. I am Platinum Pass with all parks dining pass and spent 4 days at Kings Island, 2 at Kings Dominion, 2 at Knott's, 5 at Canada's Wonderland.

Theme park year tally was 20 days at Cedar Fair, 10 days at Six Flags parks(SFMM, SFA,SFGAm), and 2 days at KY Kingdom

On Sunday I had the associate show me the number, 58 visits. It is 35 minutes from our driveway to CP parking space. We use it for exercise as well as enjoyment. We rarely spend more than 3 hours there, but always walk the full circuit. We never stress if there are large crowds & long lines as we get to ride things often throughout the season.

I'm a bit bummed as we might move this winter, so no Steel Vengeance for me next year.

Thirty. However, of those 30 trips one was only to watch the preview for winning the Steel Vengeance contest, and believe it or not, one was just to get fries and fudge. :) I'm about 25 minutes from CP!

Last edited by Halfpint,

I live in the Chicago area, and I made 3 trips, for 5 total days in the park, which is a down year for me. Usually I'm in the park around 8 days. But I did go to Kings Island a few times, and also went to Carowinds, so I definitely got my money's worth with Platinum Pass. And Harmony Hall alone made the meal plan worth it, in my opinion.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

I’m in Rochester, NY and we made the 310 mile journey 3 times for a total of 7 days at Cedar Point. We visited CP Shores 3 of those days. But as a first time Platinum Passholder we also visited Kings Island for 2 days and 1 day each at Dorney Park, Kings Dominion, and Carowinds.

ROUNDABOUND.

Cedar Point 4 or 5 times and Carowinds was 2 times this year for me. A little less than my usually 6-7 Cedar Point and 3-4 Carowinds trips. I'm roughly 1 hour and 20 minutes from CP and 7 hours and 20 minutes from Carowinds.

Last edited by MichaelB,

6 Cedar Point visits, which is the most visits I have had since I left Ohio. When I worked my first job in Orlando, money was tight and vacation time was tough to get approved. Now with a better and higher paying job and Frontier and Spirit Airlines with their dirt cheap flights, I was able to make a few long Ohio weekends with a couple of CP trips per visit including opening and closing day.

Also had 2 Carowinds trips this year and will definitely do it again next year.

I live 30m from Cedar Point. We had a great season with the weather. I went 27 times this year. I walked around CP Shores 2 times, but didn't go on anything. I hope to next year.
My uncle went to Cedar Point close to 70 times. He only went to Shows after Shows. He didn't ride any Ride anything other then the Maverick 2 times and the Windseeker 3 times.

22 for me, which is a PR :D

Technically went into the park 67 times though many times was just to grab a bite to eat, walk around, or just walk through the park to CP Shores.

Steve Shives
First Cedar Point Visit - 1972
Dockholder-Cedar Point Marina

Registered Trademark® said:

Zero. Never made it but just bought my platinum pass for next year and looking to get an early lead on the most all time rides on Steel Vengeance by a single person.

So your name will be Steel Vengeance Registered Trademark® . ;)

DSShives said:

Technically went into the park 67 times though many times was just to grab a bite to eat, walk around, or just walk through the park to CP Shores.

I would assume you live close. If I lived really close that's the kinda stuff I would, I would just go in some days to get something to eat and leave, can really take advantage of the all season dining there!

Sacrificing playing video games to ride roller coasters.

ImpulsivePhoenix said:

DSShives said:

I would assume you live close. If I lived really close that's the kinda stuff I would, I would just go in some days to get something to eat and leave, can really take advantage of the all season dining there!

I live in Perrysburg but we have a boat at the CP Marina so we spend a lot of time there. It’s great to just go and lounge on the beach, walk the boardwalk, hang at the Surf Lounge and of course, hit the rides.

Steve Shives
First Cedar Point Visit - 1972
Dockholder-Cedar Point Marina

I didn't keep track this year but it was less than usual. Last few years been averaging high teens or 20 basically weekly by mid June. I'm pretty sure I didn't hit that this year and we were only in Shores 3 or 4 times. There were just a lot of family health and house maintenance issues to deal with. We live an hour away.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service