Hotel Guest Ticket Price Increase 2014

I noticed that the ticket price for the park is now $39 for hotel guests for 2014. Last year they were $28. Prior to that they were $25. A 40% increase is ridiculous considering what the rooms cost per night. I realize there are renovations being done at Hotel Breakers, but come on.

I think they were $34 last year, no? I think they've gone up a dollar a year for the past few years, if memory serves.

I forgot. They were $28 in 2012, and $34 last year. I had season passes last year, and did not purchase tickets at the hotel front desk. So this year they are $5 more. That's only $11 cheaper than buying them online. This used to be one of the perks of staying at hotel Breakers. The parking is free there and the tickets were significantly cheaper, which offset the room price.

Plus you get to have early entry and not drive to a hotel when you leave for the day or to the park the next day, which are also perks.

I would actually argue that simply being "on site" is the biggest perk of all.

On a positive note, small-group prices did not go up this year, remaining stable at $37, up from $34 in 2012.

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

Saloon Junkie said:
This used to be one of the perks of staying at hotel Breakers.

It still is a perk.

Goodbye MrScott

John

I don't consider this a perk from the hotel when I can go to the AAA and get tickets for $39 without staying in their hotels.

So buy at AAA and don't stay at their hotels.

You also get early entry and excellent proximity to the park.

Brandon

Which, last time I checked, AAA does not offer.

Promoter of fog.

This strikes me as an odd thing to get so worked up about.

It's becoming more and more expensive to have fun at CP. You almost have to buy fast passes to be able to ride a decent amount of rides. When staying at their hotels, you can easily spend $700 when it's all said and done for all expenses. I'm just not sure if it's worth it anymore. $20 for 2 servings of frozen yogurt by Gatekeeper last year, and now $39 hotel guest park tickets this year are further examples of corporate greed. Sure I could drive home half asleep at 11:00 PM. I could pack food and walk to my vehicle every time to eat all day long. However, these aren't my ideas of fun.

"Corporate greed".... I was wondering how long it was going to take someone to go there.

Saloon Junkie said:
It's becoming more and more expensive to have fun at CP.

I know! And all they do in return is to keep investing in and improving the park! What a bunch of jerks!

Brandon

There may be improvements, but I would trade Lake Erie Eagles for basic bathroom improvements any day. Then there are the water cups...

CP must not be having problems filling hotel rooms, otherwise I don't see how they would continue the price increases each year. The CP hotel experience is not a great one, the perks are why virtually everyone is there. I guess they are continuing to try to take advantage of that by pulling more money in from ticket sales.

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

Saloon Junkie said:
You almost have to buy fast passes to be able to ride a decent amount of rides.

I'm from Minnesota, and I've never once bought fast passes. The amount of roller coasters I've ridden on each trip have been more than adequate.

And, they are improving the hotel experience. But, of course, expect a price increase for the premium rooms, but that is just good business. Personally, I think $39 for a park ticket is inexpensive when you look at all CP offers. Compare it to other forms of entertainment, even the Florida amusement parks, and you will see the value in that price.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

I worked at a mediocre at best theme park in New York for several years.. I think they have 5 roller coasters right now? None of them are very impressive.. and daily admission to the park is $46 unless you have some sort of discount. I will GLADLY drive 4 hours and pay for $39 tickets to the best theme park in the world (in my humble opinion).

Remember, it's nice to be important- but it's more important to be nice.

Saloon Junkie said:
It's becoming more and more expensive to have fun at CP. You almost have to buy fast passes to be able to ride a decent amount of rides. When staying at their hotels, you can easily spend $700 when it's all said and done for all expenses. I'm just not sure if it's worth it anymore. $20 for 2 servings of frozen yogurt by Gatekeeper last year, and now $39 hotel guest park tickets this year are further examples of corporate greed. Sure I could drive home half asleep at 11:00 PM. I could pack food and walk to my vehicle every time to eat all day long. However, these aren't my ideas of fun.

If those things aren't your idea of fun, and you think the prices Cedar Point charges are too high...

....then don't go to Cedar Point. It's just that simple.

If you don't think the hotels are worth $700 for your stay...

...then don't stay at Cedar Point hotels. It's just that simple.

If you don't think you can ride all the rides you think you should be able to without Fast Lane...

....then don't go to Cedar Point. It's just that simple.

If you think $20 for 2 frozen yogurts is just too much...

....then don't buy frozen yogurt at the park. It's just that simple.

What you call corporate greed others (such as myself) call a for-profit corporation charging what the market will bear. That's what for-profit corporations do.

Unless you have totally positive comments...

....then don't post anything on this site. It's just that simple.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service