Higher Food Prices in 2008

According to an article that was linked to here on Pointbuzz, Cedar Point is raising its food prices!

http://www.mlive.com/business/index.ssf/2008/05/cedar_points_ceo_ex..._good.html

What is great is the quote from Mr. Kinzel about having to pass on their increased costs. They don't have to pass any of those costs onto their guests, as even without the increases, their food pricing is much higher than the industry leader (Disney). I can only imagine how high their margins are on food, especially given the poor quality of so many of the food selections, and relatively inexpensive labor costs.

While the pricing in other areas of the park (Park Operations/Admissions, and Merchandise) seems to be either competitive with, or even less expensive than places like Disney's Florida parks, their food prices have gotten out of hand.

What I would like to see at the park is an exponential increase in food quality, but based on my past experience, I doubt this will happen. Hopefully the park will prove me wrong, and will give me a reason to spend money on my visits.

There is a chance I will eat at Midway Market tomorrow. Anyone have an idea on what it would cost me?

Please excuse my rant. I just wish Cedar Point was more competitive in terms of food pricing, and more importantly, quality and service.

-Sam

John McCain: The Ride

Being Mavericky since 2007!

Avalanche Sam said:

There is a chance I will eat at Midway Market tomorrow. Anyone have an idea on what it would cost me?

-Sam

It was about 12 in the past, so I would say its probably 14 or 15 now. On top of that there's the wasted time, waiting, extrememly bad food and chance you could be there when a construction truck runs into it (my little hope ;)). You're better off going somewhere else for food.

Besides, how would the park, in October, be able report increased per-cap without raising food prices?

Goodbye MrScott

John

John, if a 4% increase in food costs translates into a 17-25% increase in food pricing, I'm gonna take a dump in his mailbox.

I'll bail you out, just to see you take a dump in his mailbox.

Goodbye MrScott

John

Deal. I'll hit White Castle on my way down on Tuesday.

Think Walt would record audio for me? ;)

Last edited by djDaemon,

I've gotta tell you... this is the thing that concerns me as well. You all know how much time I spend in the Orlando parks, so I'm particularly sensitive to it. The feds put the overall cost year over year at 4.4%, which is pretty bad, but if the increases are out of line at the park, that will concern me.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

This would have been a good opportunity to hold the line on pricing, so as to bring things more in line with reality as it pertains to quality, etc. While it wouldn't have garnered press release quality attention, it would have been an essential price reduction that would have made for a better experience than an increase.

I've stopped buying the food in the park. Not only is it
overpriced, in most cases, it's horrible. Money is 
somewhat of an issue on my trips, so I just stay at 
Lighthouse Point now so I can buy groceries on the way 
up and eat at the cabin. LP is considerably more 
expensive than Breakers Exp, which is where I used to stay,
but with what you save in food costs, it's well worth it.
Maybe if more people did the same, they might come to
their senses. Probably not.

You never know. Some people would be really glad and amazed if/when they found that Cedar Point had better food quality/value.

I wonder if Famous Daves is going up in price, and what the hibachi restaurant will run.

I'm scared to see how much their Subway will be... :(

At Kings Island, a subway 6 inch was $6. If you go outiside the park, you can get a ft long for $5. Now lets do the math. Which one will get you the most for your money at a decent cost? Darn park prices for food.

Terror Island Screamster 08', 09', 10', 11'

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

THis does not come into play at the parks. http://youtube.com/watch?v=WHIo4VruGZY

Let's Get Weird.

Yeah, I'd much rather go down 250 to a Subway there but when you're stuck in the park...

There is a good Subway on Route 6 (Cleveland Rd) just west of Butler Rd.

I wonder if they are participating in the $5 special. Now what I do wonder is what is more expensive: The Kosher Subway at the JCC, which serves quality Kosher subs, or the new Subway at Cedar Point!

-Sam

John McCain: The Ride

Being Mavericky since 2007!

I have three thoughts:

1) This is a huge concern for the park. The quality and service are absolutely horrendous.

2) We never eat in the park because of thought number 1. We have a big breakfast, eat a pretzel or two during the day (by "eat in the park" I meant meals), and quite frankly we feel great all day, ready to tackle a Chet and Matts Pizza before crashing.

3) We are not alone; and quite frankly, Kinzel just doesn't care. Yes, has has brought CP tremendous success under his watch, but he has let the little things fall to &^%$.

Promoter of fog.

Interesting point, Kevinj. Oddly enough, do you recall what department Mr. Kinzel worked in when he started at Cedar Point?

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

Now I can see them raising the prices if the food was improved, but if the prices are raised and the food quality, horrible, stays the same then this just makes us not spend money on their food and in the end they lose a lot of money.

Ashley

An inverted coaster is like a ski lift gone haywire!!

They act as if they weren't making a massive profit before food prices were raised.

<Matt>
101 on Magnum and counting...

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service