Halloweekends 2012

Remember its not to late to apply if you know people wanting to be Monsters, spread the word and you can apply at cedarpoint.com job code 613

Any questions, shoot us a message and well try to help you out.

Screamster 08,09,10,11
Soak city 10,11
Castaway Bay 10,11

** Worst screen name ever**

Ditto. It's the hardest job you'll ever love, and quite possibly the most fun job you'll ever have. If you're on the fence about applying, there are a ton of veteran Screamsters on here who can answer whatever questions you may have.

And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

Went to the park today. Here is an update of the likely haunt going in the Mean Streak infield.

http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg551/Steven_Linn/Cedar%20Point...IMG035.jpg

That concrete looks like it's going to be absolutely terrifying. :)

And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

The only thing I noticed was how small it was. It's even more apparent when you see it in person. Either half the haunt will have to be outdoors, or that building will be having two floors.

Also, when I was sneaking around behind DT I noticed http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m112/Titandwedebil/Cedar%20Point/P7220102.jpg a TON of fresh wood. I wonder if that's for the new haunt?

Those looks like "flats", or prebuilt walls used for a haunted house. Similar to what Knott's does to get ready for their event.

^ I saw those while I was on the SkyRide. It is very well possible that it is for a new haunt over by Mean Streak, but don't you think they would have put all that wood over at Mean Streak if that is what it was for?

They put stuff in odd locations. There isn't a science to how they do it at Cedar Point. They could have been assembled back there or kept inside DT til now.

I also saw the airship stored back there, and we know that's pretty far from where it ends up on Halloweekends.

It just hit me as to what those wall sections are probably for. I am guessing they will be for a wall that is built around Disaster Transport to separate the midway from the construction. Just like how Disney does it when they have construction going on in the park. This makes much more sense too as to why those would be located behind DT and all the same size.

Are you suggesting that those walls are the doing of Mr. Ouimet? I mean I know that's where he came from but do we really need Disney influencing our construction walls too? ;)

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

I welcome the Disney wall. Much better than the ugly portable queue rails that they use.

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

Maverick also used walls like those.

Let's Get Weird.

And I think that was the only time I have seen them used outside of this year. I am guessing that was because of the amount of midway that touched the construction area. Then again, Dragster didn't use a wall and I wish they had because that site made the midway look very ugly.

Hopefully if there's a wall it will have holes that you keep look through, like when Maverick was being built.

thrillsawait.weebly.com
Top 5 CP Coasters: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. Millennium Force 3. Maverick 4. Dragster 5. Magnum
Coaster Count: 102

I seem to recall there was a stockade-type wall around TTD's initial construction zone was located, which is to say where the tower is located.

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

There was a wall around the formal Dodgems location where the tower footers were poured. I think that was only because it sat there all summer though.

Just wondering, does anyone have pictures of the New wax haunt attraction?

It's still just a slab of concrete.

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Thanks for the update Adam. I wonder with it being a wax museum, if they are going to build it similar to the U R dade building. If that's the case, it shouldn't take too long to build.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service