Halloweekends 2012

IF it's a house, and if it is outside with no roof then they would probably operate it as they do Cornstalkers. It would open with the outdoor zones at 8pm.

Of course no one who knows is telling yet if it is even going to be part of Halloweekends, heck it may just be an extra storage area for ride parts!

Morté aka Matt, Ego sum nex
Dragon's Fire Design: http://www.dragonsfiredesign.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/mattdrake

I posted a picture on twitter of more mean streak infield construction. It looks like they have most of the foundation now. My twitter is @stevelinn15

I can't post a link on here directly from my phone. Sorry guys.

Here's a link to SSL488's pic. Be warned that it's via Hipstergram.

Brandon

Hahaha what's wrong with instagram!?

Everything. :)

I've yet to see a single photo posted via Instagram that wasn't horrendous in quality. What's the point of taking a photo if you're just going to ruin it with pointless filters?

Brandon

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

Uhhhh, to be awesometastic, DJ. Duh.

Let's Get Weird.

Park spokesperson Annie Zelm says the park will get a new attraction for this years HalloWeekends. http://www.wkyc.com/news/article/252450/3/Cedar-Point-teases-about-...attraction

I love Cedar Point

I don't mind the instagram quality when I look at Tue pictured from a phone, DJ.

I do think they are bad once you size them up on a computer screen though.

Since they are actually erecting a building in MS's infield can we expect to be graced with that monstrosity for many years to come?

I'm pretty sure the extensive work performed on it in the last 2 seasons was evidence enough thay MD will be around for a while.

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

I know you guys keep saying it's improved, but I go to the park 3 to 10 times a year and I don't dare ride it again. Probably, me having back surgery a few years back influences my decision.

I've ridden it 3 times this season because it's always walk on. It's not as bad as it has been in years past, but still pretty rough. But they aren't taking it down.

Then, it's still a solid no for me. Thunderhead at Dollywood seemed quite rough to me when I rode that 3 weeks ago, but no ill affects to the back.

djDaemon said:
I've yet to see a single photo posted via Instagram that wasn't horrendous in quality.

Come on, not even my cat? :)

My one and only picture on Instagram, mostly because I'm used to sharing through Facebook. I'm not a fan of filters myself, but I do find them useful on occasion for making lemonade out of lemons.

Last edited by Walt,

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

You don't count - you know better than most how to handle a camera, so you're starting with better source material.

And cat pictures? That's, like, double cheating. :)

That PT/TTD/PWE shot is pretty fantastic, I must say.

Brandon

One would think that it wouldn't be logical to scrap an elaborately themed haunt thats only operated for three seasons simply because it is being displaced, but logic appears to have been declared off limits this season.

Girl: "l want to ride that yellow one again... Twisted Wicker"
Me: "It's a roller coaster, not a broken clothes hamper."

Universal scraps every haunt, every year. Knott's does it every couple years. Keeps things fresh that way.

^Those events are also separately ticketed, so I don't see how that's a 1:1 comparison. Undertaker U, Pharaoh's Secret & The Fright Zone all ran for nine or ten years, and people still came out in droves.

Not to suggest that those should have continued mind you; they were a product of the first few years of Halloweekends when it was more about extending the season as it was making a good Halloween event. Happy Jack's was one of the 'new' haunts and it doesn't make sense to me to can it when there is an older (and arguably weaker) haunt that it can easily replace.

Last edited by We-o-we-oooo,

Girl: "l want to ride that yellow one again... Twisted Wicker"
Me: "It's a roller coaster, not a broken clothes hamper."

What was the Pharo's secret? I was too scared to go in haunted houses back then.

We-o-we-oooo said:
^Those events are also separately ticketed, so I don't see how that's a 1:1 comparison.

I wasn't necessarily making a comparison, just pointing out that it can be normal for parks to can a house, even a good one, after a couple seasons. Just because Happy Jack's was a good haunt doesn't mean it should be moved to a new location, especially if moving it means we don't get a new house. I for one am glad it is not returning because I want to see what else John Taylor can come up with from his crazy mind. And who is to say Club Blood will be returning this year? It is actually do for a makeover which was suppose to happen this year. I am guessing it has been pushed back to next year because of the other new house but it could still happen.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service