Favorite/Least favorite coaster crew for 2011

CP Kelly said:
Political correctness has ruined this country.

I noticed CP has a Christian concert coming up. I'll be sure not to visit that day.

Really? The Country is ruined on account of political correctness? OK...

bholcomb said:
Dude you said something that wasn't seen as politically correct. This is the first place you'll get ripped apart for something like that.

What we witnessed wasn't a violation of any perceived notion of PC. We witnessed unabashed bigotry and discrimination. There's a massive, gaping chasm between the two. I would be embarrassed to be part of any group that didn't react negatively to such intolerance.

Last edited by djDaemon,

Brandon

Now I'm not going to compete here in saying we're better than other crews or anything. But the comment about constantly stacking I'll fight...We've been awarded for hitting interval quite frequently. There are times that interval hasn't been hit but I'll tell you most of those times are when loading special access, vip's...large guests, people moving onto the train slowly or having difficulty getting in, or people who think that every loose article can go with you on the ride, and that's out of our hands. Please reconsider coming to the park today and watching my crew for 20 minutes, it's what you'll be waiting in line for anyways. I promise that train won't stop in the ready brakes due to us....I really do take offense to this considering I've been there working since before a guest stepped foot onto the midway, and we don't really have this problem anymore like before with 3 train op. I've had several people on here message me or talk to me because they know who I am & tell me that this crew is impressive this year. I won't take best crew because there are a few crews I really like this year and they deserve it but to belittle my crew with something not entirely explained or factual is pretty irritating.

With that said, I'm still not sure what's to find offensive about homosexual people. I find people who hide behind god and try to preach to me much more offensive than any homosexual person I've ever met. Homosexuality hasn't started a war as far as I know, but religion sure has. Homosexuals aren't keeping me from finding food here in Indonesia during the day, but religion sure is.

I totally agree with you!! I cant believe this Magnum fan thinks he didnt say anything offensive. I have a friend that is homo-sexual and an acquaintance that came up to him and said hey I know you are gay but I wanted to let you know that I dont have any problem with it. My friend said well I dont have any problem with you being straight either. I thought that was a great response!!

Sorry I am staying off subject but I hate when people make comments like this.

WindSeeker's crew has to be my favorite crew this year! They look like they're having fun, they're friendly, and they do there very best to move people through the ride.

A close 2nd for me would be Corkscrew's crew. When the ride broke down instead of just making us stand there, one of the crew members started up a game of Cedar Point Trivia. (Which I was getting all the questions 95% and including 1 only a few others have gotten right.) That is a BIG +1 in my book!

[P.S. If anyone know who that guy is, I would be more than happy to give him a complement spotlight thing.]

That would be this kid haha I hate downtime and try to have fun and pass the time...boredom goes for guests and us too, so its always fun...thanks
;)

Corkscrew's crew is epic this year. Really engaging on the mike too. WT crew seems really fun too, especially when they have races to hit interval or set records.

My worst experience was probably on Wildcat a few weeks ago. One of the crew actually commanded all waiting guests to raise their hands if they were single riders, then proceeded to tell these people to "make friends because you shouldn't come to the loading platform without four in your group."

The heck? It isn't my job to group myself up with strangers I don't know. It's yours. Just call for more riders if there aren't enough for the next car. No need to put people in socially awkward positions or segregate single (or three) riders.

Really? That's awfully surprising. If it's still going on, this sounds like behavior that ought to be stopped. It didn't happen when I rode with my daughter and her friend last Friday.

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

Firefox15 -

As the ATL of WildCat this year I am sorry you had a bad experience because of our ride. I have never heard any of my crew members say those words or insinuate that it's not our job to pair up groups of two. We've been working out butts off this year to try and get as many riders through our low capacity ride as possible and we've been doing a fairly good job of it too. I can tell you that I have a fairly good idea of who it was that might have said something like this and they are gone for the rest of the season, so please come and give our ride another shot. I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

No worries, I ride the ride all the time. It was only once that it happened, but I just couldn't believe that it did. IIRC, he also tried to "draft" my GF into the car of three people ahead of us.

I distinctly remember him saying something over the loudspeaker like, "Girl in the green shirt, come up to the loading platform." We both just couldn't believe it. I mean, she was clearly with someone.

Anyway, like I said, I haven't seen it again after that incident. Honestly, I would have written a letter to CP about it, but we both forgot to get his name. Regardless, you are correct in that WildCat is a low capacity ride, and I think you guys are doing a good job of moving people though. I don't think I've seen the line past the ramp in a long time. Keep it up!

Last edited by firefox15,

I LOVE the WildCat crew, one of my favorite crews in the park. I've been riding WildCat since the year it opened.

We always ride WildCat at least once every visit, and I am always impressed with the genuine friendliness and enthusiasm of the crew. It appears that they genuinely enjoy their jobs, and that is refreshing.

Please remain in your seat until the ride comes to a complete and final stop.

Rollbacks: 1

On the whole WildCat incident, they said something like that when I was in line with my Dad. They said that if they called for any groups of 1 or 2 and they we're not listening they would laugh at us when we got to the gate.

i have really liked skyhawks group, the one guy that usually does the talking is funny, idk his name tho. dragsters have been well, i guess i havent had a bad experience with a worker, i mean ive seen a few sassy workers there dont get me wrong, but overall it has been good.

Okay, my least favorite flat ride crew of the year is officially Sky Ride, effective today. I rode Sky Ride from the front of the park to near Matterhorn, and the crew at the front station were EXTREMELY rude. I was with my mother and sister, and the one operator was yelling through the station, "You better hurry! Hurry up!" Followed by asking my mom, "Can you hear!? Get in the cabin! Hurry!" But the crew at the station near Matterhorn was totally mellow and asked how our day was, etc. It was like one extreme to another.

Point Place: The New Unofficial Cedar Point Blog

http://www.pointplace.weebly.com

Wow, the "can you hear" comment is completely uncalled for and extremely rude. I can see how they might be a little hurried if a lot of cabins are on the line. But, if the station gets backup up because of a slow loader, better to stop the lift for a minute then be that rude to a guest.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

That's odd, because I rode Sky Ride twice today, and they were awesome and courteous both times. That being said, they were running all the cabins, which I think only gives them something like 9 seconds to load a cabin, so I guess there isn't a lot of time for pleasantries if a group is moving slowly.

And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

I think maXair and Mean Streak have the best ride crews in my opinion. Wicked Twister's is also good.

Last edited by Magnum is awesome,

I can't speak as to coaster crews since I've only been once so far this year and only rode one coaster, but the crew at Paddlewheel Excursions were great yesterday. It was our first, last and only time ever riding it, and since we had just gone to MK last month Mrs. Gator compared it to Jungle Cruise. The two captains were great in explaining how PE was better.

Now onto the one coaster I did get to ride yesterday. Most of the crew at DT were fine except for the one working the loading platform. GatorGirl and Mrs. Gator were in the front row, I was a single rider right behind them in row 2. I pulled down my lapbar, and the ride op released it and told me I had to go to row 4 to be paired with the other single rider. Now I have no problem being paired, and I told the ride op that I wanted to sit behind my daughter for her first ride on DT.

That didn't matter to this ride op, who insisted I move back to row 4. I did, but I was VERY vocal that I didn't want to. It didn't occur to me until we were on the lift hill that I should have refused and insisted that the other single rider come up with me instead.

If I'm not sitting next to GatorGirl on her first ride on a coaster, I like to be in the row behind her (and sitting in the seat opposite her) so I can hear her reaction and see her too (not that's there's much opportunity to see in DT, but I would have still been able to hear her). But this one ride op made that impossible, and I was pissed off through the entire ride because of her.

Kings Island Halloween Haunt
2008 - Club Blood - The Bouncer | 2009-2017 - Slaughter House - Sam the Butcher

XGatorHead 8904

Hi, I work at disaster transport and I can recall what you are referring too since I was in the control both when this happened. On Sunday we were running with 4 shuttles our normal is 5 so we were at a limited capacity. We were really trying our best to fill every shuttle with 9-10 people to keep the line moving. That being said on your shuttle we had 10 people grouped, two riders did not want to split up and two single riders in this case we move our single riders together. Now me personally when I am at load I will ask single riders from the back row to move to the front instead of the front to the back, but everyone does it differently. If I recall correctly it was an international girl at the load platform?

'10 Giant Wheel, Space Spiral, Troika
'11 Disaster Transport

Gemini crew has been exceptional - it makes the experience memorable. Just a little "We'll turn you upside down not ONCE, not TWICE, but ZERO times!" can be amusing even after hearing it for years. So many other crews have been great throughout the season too.

CCMR - Frequent stacking even with 1/2 empty trains, just sounding bored on the PA, no hustle - like 25 seconds just to unlock all the lap bars.

Just say no to trims

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

^I heard Magnum's crew do that before except they mocked Lebron by saying it like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pT-I8jQDQ7c

Obviously everyone from Ohio loved it.

Let's Get Weird.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service