Favorite/Least favorite coaster crew for 2011

Was the ride op making out with a person of the same sex? Did they make comments about what happens in the bedroom? I doubt it.

Since it is TTD you're talking about I figure the most offensive thing he could say would be a drag (show) reference, but how many kiddies know what that is? And how is that even offensive?

Also, if you're basing your opinion on tone of voice and how he moves around, there are PLENTY of flamboyant people that are not homosexual. One of the most flamboyant people I knew in high school is now married with 2 kids.

I'm at a loss for words. Some of you guys should go into politics. You've done a masterful job of taking my observations and turned me into a homophobic, overweight-people-hating jerk. I've met some of you at Coastermania and I don't think anyone who knows me personally has ever walked away with such an impression.

It seems like every time I post something to these forums, people love to pile on me and berate both my opinion and the way it was said. I've never been a part of a forum where there was so much hypocrisy. So, I give up. You guys are all better people than me. You follow rules better. You are generous, loving, compassionate, kind, and gentle. I am greedy, mean, careless, reckless, angry, and spiteful. Whatever. I answer only to the Lord, not any of you.

This will be my last post to these forums, which is a shame, because I feel like I've contributed a lot over the years in terms of trip reports, info, etc. I'll still lurk, to keep up on new ride rumors, etc. So go ahead and blast away. Just know that you will have the last word, and you're arguing with someone who's not even in the room.

After being in the park the past Fri-Sun for my annual visit, I've got to say that I didn't experience many negative occurrences on the rides. Sure, there were some ride hosts that were robotic and less than friendly, but nothing that bears mentioning. My best experience was actually on Corkscrew where the crew was noticeably courteous and professional and I thought that Anna was doing a great job on the microphone.

Without a doubt, the worst "crew" are the arcade games workers (not the carnival game workers). It's so obvious that either they have been trained to be unfriendly/rude or these people are MISERABLE in their jobs. Between one-word-answers to questions (sometimes just grunts instead of words), a basic lack of courteousness (please and thank you go a long way), and being commanded to do things, I was left dumbstruck on several occasions by the way I was treated. I understand that it's difficult to deal with the mouth-breathing general public all day, but other areas of the park seem to have found methods of interaction without being unfriendly and rude. We took the time to pick up a feedback form from Park Operations to outline the bad experiences including the names of particular workers, but we also noted the names of some great workers and experiences during our stay.

Last edited by Rotunda_Chillin,

If all the players are ready...at the sound of the bell, ROLL EM!

Whatever. I answer only to the Lord, not any of you.

You're also a religious nut! ** sarcasm ** ;)

Don't even think about it, little boy. I will race you back to the Mean Streak and win.

As someone who is overweight myself, but has lost a lot of weight since starting work at Cedar Point last August, I understand that your words said that you didn't mean any offense, but I can do my job just as well if not better than some other people. I wasn't promoted to a TL for no reason, and not only do I have a little extra still to lose, my knee has been busted for most of the season. So, does this mean that someone who's a little overweight doesn't have just as much push to do their job the right way and go above and beyond the given responsibilities than someone a little less weight than I am? I was on crutches all season (still am) but that doesn't mean that you wouldn't see me moving around Soak City/Challenge Park trying to make guests days go smoother and easier, because that's my job and it's what I pride myself in doing. The day that my weight affects how hard or well I can work will be the day that I step down from my position. I respect others opinions, but that was rather blunt and stereotypical.

Weight should also not have anything to do with your favorite/least favorite crew...just saying

There is only one God...Coaster God, well and the Football Gods. LOL

And Judas Priest, the Metal gods. ;)

Don't even think about it, little boy. I will race you back to the Mean Streak and win.

Judas Priest? Don't you mean Anvil? Metal on metal....:)

Besides, Judas Priest was only popular because of their deal with Satan in the 70's and 80's.

We crammed all our visits in during May and June...I must say I was impressed with Mean Streak's crew. They were all very knowledgeable about the work that was done in the off-season (for better or worse), and were very energetic and interactive wit the guests.

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

I can go on and on like heaven and hell about metal! Haha!

CP Kelly said:
And Judas Priest, the Metal gods. ;)

Um, you misspelled Lemmy.

Goodbye MrScott

John

Nice one! I might as well add Mr. Ronnie James Dio to the gods list...RIP.

The flamer at TTD drives me crazy. Tall, skinny, darker complexion guy.
His lifestyle is his business but the way he flaunts it and speaks in a family environment is offensive to me.

You've done a masterful job of taking my observations and turned me into a homophobic, overweight-people-hating jerk.

You did that your own self.

I've met some of you at Coastermania and I don't think anyone who knows me personally has ever walked away with such an impression.

It seems like every time I post something to these forums, people love to pile on me and berate both my opinion and the way it was said. I've never been a part of a forum where there was so much hypocrisy.

Welcome to the real world.....where not everybody will agree with your opinions. And if you want to share your opinions free from objection, then perhaps a forum with people who all feel the same as you do would be more suitable.

I am greedy, mean, careless, reckless, angry, and spiteful. Whatever. I answer only to the Lord, not any of you.

You said it....not us. And if you're really as devote as you claim, perhaps you should look at the teachings of Jesus a little more closely. I dont think there's any mention of discrimination. Thus, my guess is there should be no "cutting corners" regarding them. Practice what you would preach.

This will be my last post to these forums, which is a shame, because I feel like I've contributed a lot over the years in terms of trip reports, info, etc. I'll still lurk, to keep up on new ride rumors, etc. So go ahead and blast away. Just know that you will have the last word, and you're arguing with someone who's not even in the room.

The real shame is your lack of ability to take criticism. And you're assuming this is somehow reflecting your relative short history as a poster here. But if that's the way you want to think then perhaps you are better off not posting here.

Of course......this is just MY observation.

Last edited by TTD 120mph,

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

I like the windseeker crew when they speak into the microphone.

"welcome back seekers of wind"

Enjoy your ride on windseekaaa :)

I'm not a fan of the guy on the TTD crew either, but just for the fact that a lot of theatrics is not my cup of tea. It has nothing to do with the guy personally, its just my preference. I never found anything offensive though, just a little annoying to me....I know many people enjoy it while waiting in line.

Nick

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

My favorite crew has to be Magnum. They are always fast and funny to listen to. Raptor, on the other hand, is my least favorite. They always seemed grumpy and pushy towards guests. There is a difference between being efficent and being annoying and pushy.

Last edited by Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.,

Let's Get Weird.

I always appreciate the crews on Gemini. Invariably the ride op has abandoned the spiel and is riffing insanely.

*sigh* Good times.

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

MagnumFan said:
You've done a masterful job of taking my observations and turned me into a homophobic, overweight-people-hating jerk.

Dude you said something that wasn't seen as politically correct. This is the first place you'll get ripped apart for something like that.

With that said, I'm still not sure what's to find offensive about homosexual people. I find people who hide behind god and try to preach to me much more offensive than any homosexual person I've ever met. Homosexuality hasn't started a war as far as I know, but religion sure has. Homosexuals aren't keeping me from finding food here in Indonesia during the day, but religion sure is.

Political correctness has ruined this country.

I noticed CP has a Christian concert coming up. I'll be sure not to visit that day.

I have to tip my hat to the Gemini crew as well. For the past 4 years I've been going to CP, Gemini's crew has enthusiasm, a great attitude, a fun style and do their best to make the guests have a good time as well.

I feel like I'm slighting the other crews and I"m not....it's just Gemini seems to go above and beyond...then again, so has Maverick at times.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service