Favorite/Least favorite coaster crew for 2011

Just wondering what your opinions are, what is everybody's favorite and least favorite crew they have experienced with this season? And compare them to previous seasons crews. Also, not limited to just coasters. Flat rides too!

I like how Wicked Twister always tricks you 12 Goo, or Countdown 3, Gonnneeee, Bye.

I didn't like Bluestreak, the guys butt crack was hanging out and was a bit smelly. It was hot that day though.

I liked the TTD crew. One of the guys really tells a lot of interesting facts about the ride and makes it funny. Also one of the crew members at sky hawk was hilarious. He was making jokes about Charlie sheens career going down the hill just like the ride. It was hilarious

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

The flamer at TTD drives me crazy. Tall, skinny, darker complexion guy.

His lifestyle is his business but the way he flaunts it and speaks in a family environment is offensive to me.

I didn't know "hang out" was the verb phrase for what a butt crack does. ;)

I'm always a fan of Magnum's crew. They seem to be one of the hardest working every time I go to the park. I also feel sympathy for Mean Streak's crew. Having to lean so far down into those trains must be rough, as well as the lake weather on bad weather days.

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

I don't like when they hire people with such strong accents its just jibberish through the PA.

MagnumFan said:
The flamer at TTD drives me crazy. Tall, skinny, darker complexion guy.

His lifestyle is his business but the way he flaunts it and speaks in a family environment is offensive to me.

I'm curious to learn how exactly this ride op was flaunting his lifestyle. Please elaborate.

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

^ LOL!

I'd rather not go into it, but let's just say if there had been any uncertainty about his preferences, they were answered in just seconds.

Plus, he's just super annoying, making TTD my "least favorite crew 2011"

Although I haven't been to the park since early June, here were my observations then:
Wildcat, Iron Dragon, Magnum, CCMR and Mean Streak were all trying very hard to get people on the rides quickly. Cedar Creek Mine Ride and Mean Streak also had extremely friendly crews.

There haven't been really bad crews this year, but Corkscrew probably has been my least favorite; there was a very annoying/rude ride host who overreacted when someone opened up closed queues in the station. They were also stacking trains constantly, even when they were only running half filled trains.

One thing that multiple crews are doing this year is overcrowding the stations. It is very annoying, plus doing that makes groups/families with kids go ballistic.

Last edited by coolkid,

There's this one guy on mine ride who looks like he's 12 years old.

I don't mean to say this in a mean way.. But are a lot of workers there gay? Or just extremely flamboyant.

^ Yes. It's my observation that there are a lot of gay ride operators. Just an observation. I have no problem with that as long as they keep their preferences to themselves and are not demonstrative in front of my children.

And this comment is gonna bring some heat. I do not understand why there are so many ride ops, particularly female, who are very overweight. It seems like the physical demands of some of these jobs would lead to substantial weight loss, but no. I realize the CP uniforms are probably as un-flattering as they come, but I'm really surprised.

I don't say that to make fun of overweight people (heck, I used to be at least 80lbs overweight). I just find the percentages unrepresentative of the general public, especially in a physically demanding position.

^You're being extremely rude.

Getting back on topic, my favorite roller coaster crew is the Gemini crew. They're always so energetic, happy, and really get their job done. My least favorite was probably the Mine Ride. I only rode it once this year, but all of the operators were really moody and they just seemed like they were angry or something - and the ride was a walk-on.

For flat rides, my favorite crew was Skyhawk. Even when they were cleaning up puke off of the one swing, they were laughing and joking around and tried to keep everyone in the queue entertained. I couldn't really say which flat ride crew was my least favorite, because they all seemed pretty decent.

Point Place: The New Unofficial Cedar Point Blog

http://www.pointplace.weebly.com

Skyhawk does have a really good crew this year. I feel bad for those ride hosts (especially on maXair & Skyhawk) who have to clean up vomit.

Nickster said:
^You're being extremely rude.

I definitely agree with that.
MagnumFan, grow up and keep your comments to yourself. They are very offensive and inappropriate.

JW why do such overweight people go Cedar Point. And not the ones that are 30 lbs overweight. The ones that wouldn't be able to fit one leg on any ride. I'm just wonderingwhat they do? When I went I saw so many, sitting down, I even saw a dude sleeping under a tree. What!!! Is CP boring ahah.

MagnumFan said:
^ Yes. It's my observation that there are a lot of gay ride operators. Just an observation. I have no problem with that as long as they keep their preferences to themselves and are not demonstrative in front of my children.

1. I always find it funny when people say they "don't have a problem" with something yet point out why they have a deal with it.

2. Yes, Magnumfan, there are a considerable amount of homosexual ride hosts (we're adults here, let's use adult terms). But of the rides hosts I know that are homosexual as well as some other personal, I've never seen any kind of behavior that would be deemed inappropriate for children. Unless he was using inappropriate language over the loud speaker or making inappropriate gestures (which I highly doubt he was doing either) then you should have a problem with him......and ONLY him. Thus, I would like to know what he was doing and saying EXACTLY that was soo wrong for your children to hear and or see. And "acting gay" is no excuse..........

I may not be a homosexual (nor am I homophobic), but I can't stand intolerant people who think they should be subjected to exclusion just because they talk or act differently. I have the utmost respect for all my CP friends and I think they're some of the nicest people I know. I fail to see what they're doing that's soo wrong.

3. If you want to keep your kids safe from the display of such "preferences", then stay away from Cedar Point.....and keep them away from schools and malls and other public places while you're at it. People with these "preferences" go far beyond just Cedar Point just so ya know. You're kids will be exposed to it, whether you accept it or not. Instead of sheltering them from it, simply educate them about the subject. Just not in a close minded kind of way......I hope. I'm not telling you how to parent.....just offering some advice. There's too many parents who teach there kids to be intolerant and discriminate. It's partly why this world is going down the toilet.

And this comment is gonna bring some heat. I do not understand why there are so many ride ops, particularly female, who are very overweight. It seems like the physical demands of some of these jobs would lead to substantial weight loss, but no. I realize the CP uniforms are probably as un-flattering as they come, but I'm really surprised.
I don't say that to make fun of overweight people (heck, I used to be at least 80lbs overweight). I just find the percentages unrepresentative of the general public, especially in a physically demanding position.

I'm really at a loss for words here. I didn't know there was some unseen law that says only physically fit people should be allowed to obtain careers and gain wages. I'm sure they're well aware of themselves. I see no need (or right for that matter) to question their job status.

You sir really need to re-think what it is you're saying. You knew it could get some negative attention, and yet you said it anyway. I'm deeply saddened by the views suggested in your posts.

Last edited by TTD 120mph,

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

And if you don't want your kids to be around homosexuals, you might want to think about home schooling. I'm in high school right now and there are a lot of homosexuals in my school. Most of them are very good about "not flaunting" it. But then there are some who will do whatever they please in front of everyone.

I can see that it would bother you if they are doing homosexual things in public, but the workers at Cedar Point probably don't want to risk their jobs by complaining guests.

Its not their fault that they like the same sex. They aren't hurting anyone by being like that.

With your overweight comment.. What does a ride opp being overweight have to do with anything? Just because you are overweight doesn't mean that working and moving around is difficult for you.

You seem to have a problem with people who are "Different"

TTD 120mph said:

I may not be a homosexual (nor am I homophobic), but I can't stand intolerant people who think they should be subjected to exclusion just because they talk or act differently.

+1

Back on topic, while straying away from it at the same time, my favorite ride crew this year was probably Paddlewheel Excursions. Even when I didn't have Captain Cory on my boat it was a good ride. As for favorite coaster crew, I don't think I rode enough this year or paid close enough attention to have an opinion. Most of them seemed slower than their counterparts the year before, Blue Streak crew in particular.

And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

MagnumFan said:
^ Yes. It's my observation that there are a lot of gay ride operators. Just an observation.

It's my observation that there are a lot of entitled, judgmental jackasses who visit amusement parks. That incident you were whining about at KI wasn't discrimination - what you're doing right now is, however.

Just an observation.

Brandon

Most of America is overweight, buddy!

Don't even think about it, little boy. I will race you back to the Mean Streak and win.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service