Fast Lane 2014

^ It did during Halloweekends last year.

Yes, it did.

Maverick00 said:

TwistedWicker77 said:
I'm surprised to see Wicked Twister is not returning as a Fast Lane ride according to that list. Maybe they'll incorporate it during the Halloweekend seasons?

I don't believe Wicked Twister has ever had Fast Lane.

Sorry for the late reply, but yes Wicked Twister was a Fast Lane ride, but not for very long. The entrance to the Fast Lane was up against the fence that bordered the back tower low zone of the ride, and had a merging point right underneath the metal slanted roof under the back tower.

I stopped going to CP years ago (last time I was there was the first year of the maverick) because the lines were too long. But now I might go back because of this fast lane plus thing and I am wondering exactly how it works. Like, do you get to just walk up to the platform or are you merged in line with everyone else at a certain point? And if you're merged with everyone else at some point how long do you wait? Is it only for the big coasters, or does it include the classics too? Last time I went there was a 45 minute wait for the corkscrew, freaking ridiculous!

Mike - the wait depends on the ride. In many cases you merge with the regular line at the station. In others it is a modest distance to the station (bottom of the stairs). I have never waited more than 15 minutes with fast lane and in most cases it is basically walk on. It covers over 25 rides - all of the coasters - many of the thrill rides and most of the classic flat rides. I don't get it every time we go, but if it is busy - you can be sure I will be using it.

Cedar Point guest since 1974

Did he say The Maverick?

Better than saying the superfluous "Cedar Creek" in front of Mine Ride imho.

MikeJames said:
I stopped going to CP years ago (last time I was there was the first year of the maverick) because the lines were too long. But now I might go back because of this fast lane plus thing and I am wondering exactly how it works. Like, do you get to just walk up to the platform or are you merged in line with everyone else at a certain point? And if you're merged with everyone else at some point how long do you wait? Is it only for the big coasters, or does it include the classics too? Last time I went there was a 45 minute wait for the corkscrew, freaking ridiculous!

https://www.cedarpoint.com/things-to-do/fast-lane

There, that should answer your questions. Try looking on the parks website before going to a forum, it's easier and faster ;)

Last edited by Dead Sexeh,

Mike lives in a parallel universe. When I was a kid, there was a 2 hour wait for Corkscrew and an 90 minute wait for Demon Drop.

And we still had fun.

The lines have always been long, Mike. The rides have just changed.

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

I agree with Kevinj. When we left the house we knew we would be waiting in long lines. That was part of the fun. Not that we liked waiting. At the end of the summer we compared wait times to see who waited the longest. Kind of like vying for "braggin' rights" until the next season.

Last edited by Bluestreaker,

Exactly, imagine waiting 2.5 hours to ride The Blue Streak or 3 hours to ride The White Water Landing. Even The Mill Race was an hour minimum. That was what it was like visiting The Cedar Point back in The 80's.

I think you mean Thunder Canyon (I do that all the time too :)).

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

The Under Canyon? Get it?

Seriously though, I actually meant Mill Race. It was a long wait for that little ride back in the day.

Oh man, I really botched that up. Somehow I translated White Water Landing into White Water Canyon.

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

Scottyf said:
...I actually meant Mill Race. It was a long wait for that little ride back in the day.

Truth! Back in the day, there was more than one visit my family made to Cedar Point where the line for Mill Race was blocking access to Blue Streak, and once or twice when it neared Cedar Downs.

RCMAC said:
Did he say The Maverick?

Sorry, is it wrong to say "the" in front of a rid?

Dead Sexeh said:

https://www.cedarpoint.com/things-to-do/fast-lane

There, that should answer your questions. Try looking on the parks website before going to a forum, it's easier and faster ;)

Actually, that's where I found out about it, but it didn't answer my questions, and that's why I came here...

Kevinj said:
Mike lives in a parallel universe. When I was a kid, there was a 2 hour wait for Corkscrew and an 90 minute wait for Demon Drop.

And we still had fun.

The lines have always been long, Mike. The rides have just changed.

When you were a kid those were probably the main attractions though.

I used to always go on Wednesday's and I always would basically walk on to Blue Streak, Corkscrew, Gemini, it would be about 1/2 hour for Mean streak, Raptor, Mantis, Magnum, 1 hour, sometimes less for MF. The last few times I went, the lines were a lot longer.

Bluestreaker said:
I agree with Kevinj. When we left the house we knew we would be waiting in long lines. That was part of the fun. Not that we liked waiting. At the end of the summer we compared wait times to see who waited the longest. Kind of like vying for "braggin' rights" until the next season.

Well, for me there is absolutely nothing fun about waiting, now I don't have to, and CP got my business back, because I don't care how many new coasters they open up, I'm not waiting 2 hours to ride them. And I'm certainly not waiting 45 minutes to ride Corkscrew.

Last edited by MikeJames,

We went in May and I walked on Top Thrill Dragster 3 days in a row. And Millennium, etc...and I didn't have a Fast Lane.

So lines are shorter this year?

Mike, the reason I chimed in is because you said you stopped going in 2007 because the lines "got longer" that year. You should have kept coming back, because I can assure you your conclusion was based on too little/faulty data.

That said, I couldn't agree with you more about Fast Lane. It was made for people who don't want to wait and think the price is worth it.

Promoter of fog.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service