Fast Lane 2014

Does anyone know when they might be posting 2014 FL and FL+ rides and prices? Would be very helpful for trip planning and budgeting purposes.

I don't know the prices but it was announced at the tour that Maverick and TTD were going to be the FL+ rides

08 -Thunder Canyon, 09 - Maverick, 10 - Mean Streak, 11 & 12 - Mean Streak ATL, 13 - Maverick TL

Does anyone know if Pipe Scream or Lake Erie Eagles will be on Fast Lane?

They have updated the rides on the Fast Lane list on their website with Maverick and Dragster on FL+. Pipe Scream and Lake Erie Eagles are not on the Fast Lane list. If that holds true, that is a good thing!

When you visit CP, visit my Mill, est. 1835

I'm not surprised Maverick is now a plus ride. When I got a Fast Lane last season, I still waited about an hour for Maverick. TTD and Maverick are low capacity so they should be plus rides. But usually I know what days to go on to avoid crowds.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

I'm glad to see Maverick in the fast lane+. With a full fast lane queue, the regular line CRAWLED. Personally, I'd like to see Millennium on the + as well. However, Millennium is better suited for + than Maverick, since it has about 60% higher capacity (from the 2013 numbers) Millennium's standby line won't feel like its moving at a snails pace.

I think Maverick was a better choice for plus. It's one of the lowest capacity rides in the park along with TTD. I don't know why Gatekeeper was a plus ride last season, that's one of the highest capacity rides in the park. The line on that flows fairly quickly. Maverick's line is always slow.

Brian

Gatekeeper was on the fastlane last year since it was the new ride. Putting Maverick there instead is a very good idea, since Gatekeeper takes twice the people as Maverick.

I can see that GK was a plus ride due to it being the new ride, but with high capacity, it really doesn't need to be. Plus should only be for lower capacity rides. I find it kind of odd that PS and LEE aren't listed under any type of Fast Lane this year.

Brian

You must remember that GateKeeper is the highest capacity new ride to open at Cedar Point in almost 20 years. Looking at Wild Eagle, though, and the predictions for capacity on Millennium Force, Dragster and Maverick, it was reasonable to assume that GateKeeper would also miss its target and end up being a very popular, reduced capacity ride. Lucky for us all, that didn't happen.

As for not including the new rides this year in Fast Lane...those are new rides, and will probably have their biggest crowds *ever* this season. Those are low capacity rides, and long waits are inevitable, with or without FastLane. Because of the low capacity, and the newness of the rides, keeping them off FastLane is probably the best solution for the moment. Once the newness wears off I expect they will probably be added to the program. Remember, one of the stated goals of FastLane was to allow for an enhanced experience for those who will pay extra *while not trashing the experience of everybody else*.

I still don't understand why they didn't talk Larson into building the Lake Erie Eagles in a 10-, 12-, or even 16-tub configuration. The old Bish-Rocco rides had 10 tubs, why did Larson only go for 8?

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

/X\ *** Respect rides. They do not respect you. ***
/XXX\ /X\ /X\_ _ /X\__ _ _____
/XXXXX\ /XXX\ /XXXX\_ /X\ /XXXXX\ /X\ /XXXXX
_/XXXXXXX\_/XXXXX\_/XXXXXXX\_/XXX\_/XXXXXXX\__/XXX\__/XXXXXX

Let's remember 2011 when Windseeker was new and finally opened to the public in mid June. Once it opened, it's popularity was very high for about a month, and then the line started to get smaller throughout the season. The same will most likely happen with this year's additions.

Eh, big difference between 64/cycle for a mediocre ride and 8/cycle for a great ride.

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

/X\ *** Respect rides. They do not respect you. ***
/XXX\ /X\ /X\_ _ /X\__ _ _____
/XXXXX\ /XXX\ /XXXX\_ /X\ /XXXXX\ /X\ /XXXXX
_/XXXXXXX\_/XXXXX\_/XXXXXXX\_/XXX\_/XXXXXXX\__/XXX\__/XXXXXX

Or, like I've said before, build two Flying Scooters side by side.
Btw, Dave, I googled Flying Scooter just for the heck of it, and did you know your picture appears in the Google images? It made me smile.

I know Bisch Rocco built larger capacity Scooters, but I think they had a larger base. I believe there's a point where much larger than, say, ten tubs might affect the ride sensation, or the flight trajectory, if you will. A 16 tub model would have to be scaled up- taller and wider to maintain the same experience we flyer fans have come to enjoy, and even then the size of the tubs and the riders would remain the same. I'm no engineer, but I fear the ride just wouldn't be the same.,

And maybe CP's choice in this matter is for the best. Certain rides there have failed somewhat because they went to the manufacturer and said "build us one of those, but make it larger with better capacity". Avalanche Run / Disaster Transport comes to mind. (The original, smaller Intamin Bobsled rides were and continue to be a much better ride experience.) The park might establish a "no single rider" policy, which would bring max capacity to 16 / cycle, but that would suck too. As we all know, Flying Scooters are best managed when you can fly solo.

But no matter, it is what it is. As much as I like em, I have a feeling unless I catch a ride or two right at opening I won't be on it much.

Hopefully, the park will not have those childproof safety belts on Lake Erie Eagles. They probably will (MiA and Knott's have those types I believe). If only the park would install the magnetic locked ones that Disney has on some of their rides.

Disney's safety restraints are far simpler and minimal than anything CF has. My money would be on what other CF parks are currently using for similar rides.

I'm surprised to see Wicked Twister is not returning as a Fast Lane ride according to that list. Maybe they'll incorporate it during the Halloweekend seasons?

Also, Pipe Scream and Long Waiting Eagles aren't included, either by design or they just forgot to add them.

^ No need to piss the parents off anymore with having to wait longer on their new low capacity "family rides" after removing the 46" minimum on Iron Dragon. The line is going to take forever as it is.

What percentage of families that hang around Camp Snoopy and Planet Snoopy use Fast Lane anyways.... Good choice, IMO, on keeping Fast Lane off of these new rides!

:)

When you visit CP, visit my Mill, est. 1835

TwistedWicker77 said:
I'm surprised to see Wicked Twister is not returning as a Fast Lane ride according to that list. Maybe they'll incorporate it during the Halloweekend seasons?

I don't believe Wicked Twister has ever had Fast Lane.

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service