Crowds today up to 60,000?

Even at that they aren't disabling anything.

In order to display the image I have to download it to my computer. Period. End of story. If I want your precious images, I can copy them out of my cache files.

Want to protect your pictures? Only make screen resolution images available on-line and keep the full res version. And put your name in the EXIF fields.

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

Last edited by RideMan,

I was there yesturday and it was pretty bad, but I couldn't imagine saturday. The temp queues that were still set up at Maverick and Millennium (first time I've EVER seen them in use for MF) proved just how crowded it must have been. A friend of mine who works on Mantis was telling me how bad it was and it sounded like a horror story.

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

I was there yesterday, and I just thought it was that "july is peak of the season" thing and accepted it, I guess. But I'm going there this Wednesday with my friend and hope it's not too crowded. :)

No, I have a simple MS Mouse. I have the MouseGestures firefox plugin installed.

I can't recall the last time that Millennium Force used the temp queues. However, I do remember the first few years it was open, the the concrete area by the final over-bank turn was filled with queue. They also set up extra queue by the entrance for people to line up while they performed the loose article check.

I was at Michigan's Adventure on Sunday the 27. Someone there told me that Saturday the 26th had been their busiest day of the summer. I think that it probably has something to do with this region's beautiful weather on a Saturday when we have had some really lousy weather most of the summer.

...and enjoy the rest of your day at Cedar Point, The Am-aaaa-zement park!

CP crowds seen to be much greater compared to the last couple of years. On other threads everyone is saying how much attendance is down. I am sorry but there is no way that it isn't up from the last 2 years. Maverick must have been a horrible wait on Saturday. It is bad enough on an average weekday. That line moves so slow compared to TTD or MF. Magnum must have been at least half full with crowds this size.

Have the crowds on Sundays always been this bad? The trip planner says that Sundays are one of the best days to go, but it seems not last Sunday.

Here is your answer.

Goodbye MrScott

John

Chris, I'm not sure how you can say that Maverick's line moves slower than TTD or MF.

It's one of, if not, the fastest moving lines in the park.

eat. sleep. ride! - Coaster apparel and accessories!

Ride on, MrScott!

Without question, Loopy. Its one of the few mostly-full queues I'd consider waiting through (the other being Raptor).

^ - Raptor when they aren't stacking. If the crew is just having an off day, and those trains are stacking you're better off not waiting. The good news is that those days are rare.

Goodbye MrScott

John

I'd have to disagree with you DJ. Raptor's queue is one my most hated. Especially on a hot day. Althought the ride is worth it. :)

"You wanna, you gotta, you hafta hold on, Cedar Point...HOLD ON!"

As John pointed out, so long as trains aren't stacking, that line moves quickly. Sure, if you're there on a busy mid-July Saturday you might not have a similarly enjoyable experience, but I never got at such times. I am, like many here, a May-early June and late August-October guy.

I was there May and early June. May it wasn't that bad. But we were there June 12th, and Raptor's queue was horrible.

I have only been there once in July, and that was because it was the only time my boyfriend could get off of work.

Last edited by Jesz,

"You wanna, you gotta, you hafta hold on, Cedar Point...HOLD ON!"

ashleygCP95 said:
^It's speculation, but not the kind that everyone here hates. 60K guests is a plausible number when you look at those pictures.

When I worked there in the mid 70s, I had access to the turnstile counts. We received them in the Food Service office hourly from Admissions. While the counts only included new admissions and not departures, the peak days of the summer were in the 60-65,000 range. We typically hit these on the first couple Saturdays in August.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service