Crowds today up to 60,000?

Yeah my brother, his girlfriend, my cousin, and I went up in the evening yesterday for starlight and I have never seen the park as crowded as it was. We had to park our car back in the grass by the tollbooths. Although it was crowded it really didnt seem like we waited that long. Raptor was 1.5 hours, Magnum was half hour(ejector seat!), Gemini was about 20 min., Mean Streak 20 min., Maverick about 1 hour and fifteen minutes, and Millennium was about 45 min. But we did notice TTD's queue was absolutely full so we didnt even check the wait times.

Here Come the Irish!

justanothernumber said:

( I thought you people got really pissy when someone posted on your sacred board if it involved speculation about crowd sizes. Why is this one ok?)

Maybe you should read the rules and guidelines again before you come on here posting an inflammatory remark like this. Was there any reason to be such a jerk anyhow?

No one is asking how many people you tink will be there on a day in the future, it's simply a thread discussing how busy the park WAS on a specific day, not how busy it MIGHT be on a day in the future.

eat. sleep. ride! - Coaster apparel and accessories!

Ride on, MrScott!

CP and several other businesses do the same thing. Often time, in the case of sporting events, it is done to drive up urgency and get people off the fence.

CP doesn't release attendance figures for particular days, let alone enitre seasons (unless it's particularly good). There weren't 60k people there. I could see them getting into the 50's, but come on.

This isn't news... it's a nice Saturday in July. It happens every year. Sometimes it even happens during Halloweekends. That someone would take photos of a full parking lot amuses me.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Corp. tickets + low(er) gas prices + beautiful weather = One happy CP.

<3Mav

I've been on there on days with maybe in the 30's or 40's, that was unbearable way to many people, that day Dragster was 2 1/2 hours, MF was and hour an a half. But nice pictures of the croweds, the parking lot pictures were funny.

Last edited by Daniel Smith,

Quote from a Corkscrew ride op, "And Dragster is down again"

I was there Saturday and today and 65 K would not shock me. Today was not totally bad, as I was leaving it was getting kinda bad but nothing like saturday. I will talk about it in a TR tomorrow, I'm to tired right now

Think Big.
No real
BIG!!!

Michael.Darling said:
@Cedarpointgeek: Pointpics' "you can't right click here" scripting is annoying. It's preventing me from using mouse gestures in Firefox.

Fail.

Just go into the Firefox settings and uncheck the "allow JavaScripting" box. That's how we got the pictures of our kids at camp off their website. Shhhhhhh.

I was there yesterday, sunday. Got there at 5pm and lot was very close to full, which would tell me it was extremely busy on saturday and the esstimates would be close. I haven't waited to get out of the lot like that in years.

Anyone think attendance may be up this year? I mean we still got Halloweekends to come too.

I don't think he was trying to save anything. I have mousegestures setup as well so I right then left click really fast and it emulates clicking the back button. It's easier than going all the way up to back.

That javascript blocks it. It's irritating. And full of fail.

But at least no one can steal his images! ;)

Huh. When I right click, the copyright does pop up, but so to does my context menu. Allowing me to save the pictures I want (not that I do want any of them). And this is with FF.

Goodbye MrScott

John

Ah. I didn't right click. I was merely making fun of the concept of "protecting" one's images in such a way. Silly and pointless, and not in any way "fair use".

I just watermark images, and if someoen steals them oh well.

It's the video that irritates me more. Editing video is a lot harder, and then to have someone steal it. We've been watermarking all of our video now because of it... Which looks bad.

Yeah, "oh well" is the entire point. Sure, if you see one of your pics show up in Newsweek, time to lawyer-up. But otherwise, get over yourself. I feel the same about video.

It's good that they are getting the crowds at the Point it needs this with the economy. I'm for sure glad I wasn't there! :)

Coaster H.Q: 2007-2012
@CoasterHQ

bholcomb said:

I have mousegestures setup as well so I right then left click really fast and it emulates clicking the back button. It's easier than going all the way up to back.

So, you have one of those old mice without forward/back buttons? That's crazy.

How fun is that, 2 hour waits....

Disabling right clicks is just annoying. Unless they can disable screen shots they aren't stopping anything.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service