Crowds today up to 60,000?

From my understanding the main parking lot was full today AND cars were being parked on the causeway for parking!

If true that would be great for CP. I was there on the 4th and the parking lot was just barely full. There must of been hours of wait time today.

What do you think it will be like tomorrow?

I heard they expected to reach 65k today.

They had temporary queues set up on Raptor, MF, Dragster and Maverick.

eat. sleep. ride! - Coaster apparel and accessories!

Ride on, MrScott!

Does anyone have any idea why the park was so crowded today? Did a large company have an event there, or is there some holiday I missed?

1,146 rides on Raptor. Three rides in 2009.

I think it was The Cleveland Clinic who bought a good amount of tickets.

Ride on, MrScott!

Yes it was the Cleveland Clinic. My dad works for them and he was given two free tickets valid July 20th-27th. I guess most people are off today so they used them today.

On the point online forums they have pictures of the park today
link
http://www.pointpics.com/categories.php?cat_id=491

-Marty

#1 Millennium Force #2 Maverick #3 Top Thrill Dragster

Those pictures are insane. I would hate it if today could be my only day to go to CP, and lines were that bad. I thought my Raptor wait was bad, and the entire queue wasn't even filled up. I could not imagine waiting outside of the queue completely. I wonder how many rides each of them got for the entire day.

"You wanna, you gotta, you hafta hold on, Cedar Point...HOLD ON!"

Ah. This is part of the fallout from the closure of Geauga Lake.

No, seriously. This is not a conspiracy theory or anything like that. The Cleveland Clinic Foundation used to do their annual outing at Geauga Lake. They split it over two days because it was such a huge event.

One year I made the mistake of going to Geauga Lake on the Sunday of the Cleveland Clinic weekend. I got there when the park opened, which was the smartest thing I did. In the first two hours of the day, I rode all of the coasters. By Noon, the park was packed with people still streaming in through the gate.

I looked around, decided I'd had enough, and by lunchtime I decided to drive over to Cedar Point and spend the rest of the day there, where it wasn't so darned crowded. Sure enough, it was a LOT less crowded at Cedar Point.

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

Wow. The Cleveland Clinic was there last Sunday too.

1,146 rides on Raptor. Three rides in 2009.

Yeah, last Sunday was one of the busier Sunday's I've been too. But, it was nothing compared to today.

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

So will the Cleveland Clinic days be over after this weekend?

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

@Cedarpointgeek: Pointpics' "you can't right click here" scripting is annoying. It's preventing me from using mouse gestures in Firefox.

Fail.

^^Saturday was the Clinics last day.

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

Actually, today is the Clinic's last day. I don't believe they got the entire crowd that they were expecting, though we did get most of it. Today will probably be busier than normal for a Sunday, which is why I'm glad I'll be at an Indians game instead of working. :)

Blue Streak crew 2007
ATL Matterhorn Tri. 2008
Three things you need to fix anything in the universe: duct tape, WD-40, and a hammer. Duct tape if it moves and it shouldn't, WD-40 if it doesn't move and should, and the hammer as the last resort.

@Michael.Darling: It was a fail from the start when the first three pictures were so out of focus they gave you a headache.

If you don't have a manual focus on your camera, don't take pictures from behind glass. Pretty simple concept.

Ride on, MrScott!

This site is interesting. For one thing, Cedar Point did NOT have 60,000 guests. Last Halloween there was one Saturday with a full parking lot and people parked down the causeway and it was no where near 60,000.

( I thought you people got really pissy when someone posted on your sacred board if it involved speculation about crowd sizes. Why is this one ok?)

Cedar Point makes practice of inflating crowd numbers, attendance at shows, etc. Not sure who it benefits, but they definitely do it as I've been involved in the 'inflation' before.

^It's speculation, but not the kind that everyone here hates. 60K guests is a plausible number when you look at those pictures.

Ashley

An inverted coaster is like a ski lift gone haywire!!

I've been at the park with an alleged crowd of 53,000 and there was literally no room to walk. I'm gonna guess they didn't get 60,000 yesterday, but probably somewhere between 40 and 50k. To me, the park is too busy with anything above about 30,000. We'll probably never know for sure what the number was.

Glad to see them getting some big crowds, but I think they have a lot of turnstile clicks to make up still.

-Matt

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service