Crazy Things Heard in Line 2005

LOL, I wouldn't know what to say to that one. Um, it's in the back of the park by Mean Streak, it's hard to find but don't give up.

-S. Eagle

Smoking Marijuana isn't a bad thing or even a good one, like everything else, its what you make of it.

Mean Streak John said:
working entrance for mean streak (or any coaster) you hear people confuse 1/4 hour wait with all different times....somone asked me if it was really a 20 minute wait (1/4 hour), i've been asked if it was really a 35 minute wait (1/4 hour) and i've heard people say "its 1 to 4 hours to wait?!" then came up to me and said "is it really gonna take up to 4 hours to wait?"

it seems like when there are rides involved nobody wants to use their brains. its really really weird which is why I wanna do IQ tests :)

Way to hit the nail on the head right there. One thing I can't stand is when the like is an hour and a half and people would come up to me and say, "Is the line really an hour and a half?" One night, about 15 people came up to me and asked that exact question. In fact, that little quote in my signature refers to that night. I'm not going to post it, but contact me if you wanna hear the story, it's actually pretty funny.

The second part of your post MSJ is probably the most true thing I have ever read. It must be that when you visit an amusement park, you feel that you don't need to be thinking...at all.

2005/2006: Cedar Point - Millennium Force
2007/2008/2009: Walt Disney World - Magic Kingdom - Tomorrowland Speedway
2008: Hard Rock Park - Maximum RPM! Opening Supervisor
2008/2009: Universal Orlando - Men in Black: Alien Attack Team Leader, Guest Services Coordinator

Is no one going to point out that the scalping on a drop ride actually did happen?..

It happened, just not on Power Tower.

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/techno/scalped.htm *** Edited 8/25/2005 4:31:12 AM UTC by Grovite18***

I went to Cedar Point in May and my friend and I were riding Wildcat in the front of the car and these two girls were behind us. As we headed up the lift hill they started saying stuff loudly like "we have to go home tonight to our igloo to let our polar bear out since we live in Canada and it's cold all the time." They just kept going on with typical Canadian stereotypes and me and my friend were laughing to ourselves for a while and I turned around and said "uhh, we live in southern Ontario." They smiles dropped and the one girl was just like "ohh." It was pretty funny, it was a good time.

We'll miss you MrScott and Pete

Someone asked me where the Iron Mantis was this year. I thought that was pretty funny. I should've been a smartallic and said it's in the back....lol. I told them where it was and cleared up the two rides.

While sitting at a ride entrance I love the 1/4 hour wait ordeal. The best i heard it used was when a guy came up and looked at the sign, he reads to out loud to himself, "from this point there is approximatly a one fourth hour wait." Then he looks at me and says "is it really about 25 minutes?." And I say 'yup'. because I always say this when asked about the time, even if its wrong, i don't correct them. So then he turns to his wife behind him and rounds up, "
honey its about a half hour."

..and i think, what a genius you just read 1/4 hour and now think its 1/2 hour.

Wildcat Crew 2004
-Nash

He is correct on that 1/4 hour = 1/2 hour tho esp when you make it up on the maggie platform and its being stacked.. *** Edited 8/25/2005 12:07:57 PM UTC by toocool031074***

GO REDWINGS!
GO PISTONS!

e x i t english said:
This one time i heard a kid say he was scared of Millennium Force. Man what a wuss.

-Josh

I'm 25 and I'm scared of Millennium Force.

I think the basic idea behind roller coasters is fear... would a 15 foot high coaster scare you???

Brandon

classof04 said:

I'm 25 and I'm scared of Millennium Force.

Oh, that was a sarcastic post. Picking at the way some people judge what other people say in lines.

-Josh

I kinda figured it was exit. :)

As for a 15 foot high coaster, no. 310 or 420 ft, yes.

If this tells you anything, I didn't take a commercial flight anywhere until last month when I flew to the west coast. I was pretty shaken up until somewhere over Nebraska(there was some turbulence between Detroit and Lincoln). And my fear had nothing to do with height. It was all about the "what ifs".
*** Edited 8/25/2005 4:57:45 PM UTC by classof04***

A couple of weeks ago, I was walking up to Wicked Twister when the lady at the beginning of the cue was putting up the "Closed Due to Weather" sign. I figured I would get on WT on my next lap around, but I could not help but anwswer when these kids asked her why the ride was closed, even though it was still running? I spoke up and told them that a couple people just fell off, and they had to clean them up before we could ride. Their jaws dropped and they said "REEEAALLLYYYYYYY????? Priceless!!!!

MLEM4S Still Rules!!!

*while sitting at the entrance of Mean Streak*

"Is this the Blue Streak?"
*** Edited 8/27/2005 1:01:54 AM UTC by HDSPNNR***

Don't anger the Potato People.

Y'all ready for some serious sidewindin' in 2007?

Mean Streak 03

Those were the days.

Grovite18 said:
Is no one going to point out that the scalping on a drop ride actually did happen?..

It happened, just not on Power Tower.

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/techno/scalped.htm *** Edited 8/25/2005 4:31:12 AM UTC by Grovite18***

Well, You got part of it correct. I was going to mention that a "scalping" did happen. However, it never happened on a Drop ride. You provided a great link.. however, even in the SNOPES research it is said to happen on a Mini-Himalaya, which is not a drop ride.

Well, whaddya know. There is a Candy Mountain.

When i was on the platform on MF and some kid was like do you know if this is nitro??Because it looks excalty like it did they just make a replica give it a new name and put it here?

1.Millennium Force
2.Top Thrill Dragster
3.Wicked Twister
4.Magnum
5.Raptor

I frequently overhear guests confuse Gemini for Mean Streak and vise versa. However, I take that as just an honest GP mistake.

I hear people all the time spout rumors, thinking they're infinitely smarter than you for knowing these "little known facts" like the scalping, Magnum sinking, etc.

As for the line time thing, occasionally when I go in early for the first/second TTD train, they forget to reset the sign, and for some reason it says "4 hour wait." Every time, without fail, people ask "is it REALLY 4 hours??" even though they were one of the first people to get in the park.... ><

2008 - Games (Area 3/Scales)
2009 - Games Supervisor
2010 - Season pass holder.

I love how people think that if they take a ride on the swings that they will automatically be dry in a minute and half.

I was a single rider on PT and these 2 10 year olds were next to me.I was thinking how could I scare them...... Then I saw that one of the space shot towers were down due to mechanical. I then asked them "What if the breaks fail?" They were like "Thats not possible". Then I said "Well why do you think Space Shot isn't running........ They were terrified.

<Matt>
101 on Magnum and counting...

yeah CP4eva'04, the problem is sometimes people around you in line are to quick to believe anything, even if its just to freak out some kids, probably similar to how the scalping thing started

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service