Crazy Things Heard in Line 2005

Anyone hear anything crazy from guests in line this year?

Ohhhhh yeah.

2005/2006: Cedar Point - Millennium Force
2007/2008/2009: Walt Disney World - Magic Kingdom - Tomorrowland Speedway
2008: Hard Rock Park - Maximum RPM! Opening Supervisor
2008/2009: Universal Orlando - Men in Black: Alien Attack Team Leader, Guest Services Coordinator

Look at the Magnum incident lol.

Well, not in line but...When I was working wave swinger/antiques on my walk back from the swings to tiques i overheard this family talkin and they were all standin back looking at Millenium Force, it was this guy,hiw wife (or g/f) and 2 children...to picture the family better think of a trashy guy and girl off of jerry springer and add 2 kids (probably about age 8 or 9)

the guy looks down at his son and says "yep...dat rite dare is da Magnum...."

05 -Antiques/Wave Swinger, Mean Streak
06 - Mean Streak
08 - ATL Snake River Falls
09 - TL Raptor
10 - TL Raptor/Midway Carrousel

a couple of years ago when vertigo was still standing a guy told me that the new ride would be built and completed the following year. this was in line for gemini I was actualy watching people ride it. He was trying to act like he was smarter than me about roller coasters LOL. I am not too smart but i know when something is already built. It just shows you how dumb people can be when trying to act smart.

Screamster 08,09,10,11
Soak city 10,11
Castaway Bay 10,11

** Worst screen name ever**

RJason said:
Lemon Chill is sinking.

Seeing as there no longer is Lemon Chill, I would assume it already sank.

One guy, almost to the end of the line for Millennium Force, was telling me about he heard that a fat lady fell off the ride, and when she hit the ground, she exploded. That's why the seatbelts are so small.

2005/2006: Cedar Point - Millennium Force
2007/2008/2009: Walt Disney World - Magic Kingdom - Tomorrowland Speedway
2008: Hard Rock Park - Maximum RPM! Opening Supervisor
2008/2009: Universal Orlando - Men in Black: Alien Attack Team Leader, Guest Services Coordinator

The best one I heard is in my signature.

Goodbye MrScott

John

working entrance for mean streak (or any coaster) you hear people confuse 1/4 hour wait with all different times....somone asked me if it was really a 20 minute wait (1/4 hour), i've been asked if it was really a 35 minute wait (1/4 hour) and i've heard people say "its 1 to 4 hours to wait?!" then came up to me and said "is it really gonna take up to 4 hours to wait?"

it seems like when there are rides involved nobody wants to use their brains. its really really weird which is why I wanna do IQ tests :)

06 - Mean Streak
09 - TL Raptor

This one time i heard a kid say he was scared of Millennium Force. Man what a wuss.

-Josh

lol the things guests say. Hey and that whole "magnum is sinking".... I remember almost beleiving that back in 7th grade!

I was the 1st in my school to ride millenium force ;) My classmates even complimented me in my yearbook before we took our CP trip.

"Mean Streak crew 2004"

According to a kid about 12 who was sitting behind my friend and I on the CP & LE RR, the tunnels on MF were just added in 2001 or 2002.

My fav thing is when people call the coasters the wrong name... My first visit to the park this year this black women was standin right in front of the raptor sign an was lookin up at the coaster she said to her husband, "that be the iron dragon.... that look fun!!!" I was rollin so hard.... then later in the day we saw them again an she was like.... i think we rode almost everything here... even the little kinky rides..... from that point on me an my friends call all the rides by the wrong name when we are at the park

A girl in line next to me for Wicked Twister turned to her parents and asked "Is Airmax considered a roller coaster?"

I also heard "I dont like the Mean Machine. It's too rough!"

In line for Millennium Force, "I heard that this ride is so fast, some old lady went on it and her eyelids got ripped off from the wind."

Season Pass Holder-2003/2004/2005/2006

My personal favorite was the story that a girl with really long hair rode Power Tower and her hair got caught in the machinery when the ride dropped, which caused her whole scalp to be ripped off. Then the guy sitting next to her was so shocked that he had a heart attack and died too. I just about died from laughing when my friend told me that she had heard that. Where do people come up with these things?

Are you sure this isn't the Atlantic Ocean?

GO TIGERS!

I have said some things to mess with little kids.

Standing in line for Millenium this little kid was in front of me and my friend. When the yello car came back I turned to my friend and said, "wow, I guess they made it over the jump."

I have never seen anyones eyes get that big, ever!

Also, while in-line for Dragster this past Saturday. A train was launched and this guy looked at his buddy and said "see those things that pop up after the train goes by? thats what pushes it up the hill. Sometimes the magnets are too strong and it pull it back!"

My girlfriend gets a kick out of it when we come in the soak city entrance Dragster always seems to launch right as we enter and I look up and say "I missed you too." as if it talks to me. I also refer to to all the rides as "she" or "her"

redwingchik said:
My personal favorite was the story that a girl with really long hair rode Power Tower and her hair got caught in the machinery when the ride dropped, which caused her whole scalp to be ripped off. Then the guy sitting next to her was so shocked that he had a heart attack and died too. I just about died from laughing when my friend told me that she had heard that. Where do people come up with these things?

like i said, i think people are in their own little world when they enter an amusement park...its like they put their brain in a locker or something.

it is quite entertaining though...i got a bunch of stories i wouldnt know where to start though..ok heres one..

i was working dragster entrance (2nd day of park opening) and this guy comes up to me and says "yo...how long is the line?" i said "approximatley 1 hour" he pauses for a second, looks at his watch and says "One hour from right now?"

06 - Mean Streak
09 - TL Raptor

The best I hear is how people get White Water Landing and Thunder Canyon mixed up. (Hey mom lets get on White Water Canyon) lol.

ttdragster16 said:
The best I hear is how people get White Water Landing and Thunder Canyon mixed up. (Hey mom lets get on White Water Canyon) lol.

or how about how about when they get snake river, thunder canyon and white water mixed up? White Snake Canyon (typing it out I suddenly have the song "here i go again" stuck in my head...)

06 - Mean Streak
09 - TL Raptor

While standing in line for Top THrill Dragster, "This isnt the fastest ride anymore, Sherika goes 165mph"

I had a guest ask me where the Millennium Motion was this year.

2005 - Dragster Photo
2002-2007 - Season Pass

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service