Coming in 2018: An expanded beach boardwalk

I had an idea that people might call me stupid for, but what if Cedar Point is tearing down the stadium to build a smaller venue for All wheels extreme? This way, they can keep the show where it's at, as well as not blocking the beach view.

That’s what I’m hoping will happen. Seems like a good possibility, too. The old stadium also didn’t exactly provide the greatest views of all wheels extreme.

CP Top 5: 1) Steel Vengeance 2) Maverick 3) Magnum 4) Raptor 5) Millennium

Or put all wheels venue in the old Demon Drop space that’s been fenced off this year. It’s out of the way and wouldn’t block the view of the beach. It’s an unused area that could lend itself well to that use.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

^ I miss Demon Drop. Still don't understand the reasoning behind its removal.

Tilt-a-Whirl said:
^ I miss Demon Drop. Still don't understand the reasoning behind its removal.

Probably because of power tower

First ride; Magnum 1994

Two totally different ride experiences. Probably because Dorney needed a new ride and the management at the time, talking a page out of the Six Flags book, wanted a relatively inexpensive way of providing a new ride.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

Probably because of power tower

But Dorney has a Power Tower...

^^and Demon Drop was originally going to Knott's, not Dorney

Just imagine the view one could have had from Demon Drop looking down onto Gatekeeper.
THAT would have been amazing.

From the Live Webcam showing the parking lot now, it looks as if the main parking lot got an LED lighting upgrade. Perhaps in time for the connecting boardwalk entrance. Maybe a new seal-coating for 2018 too?

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

Woah! Yeah, I don’t remember the parking lot lights ever being that bright on the webcams before.

Holy moly! Looks someone put a small star in the parking lot.

Anyone who has Facebook probably saw this post from CP Fansite, but in case you didn't it was posted on December 6th. Anyhow, they were asking what do you think will go in it's spot? I still like to believe that a smaller venue stadium will go in that area. It doesn't have to be gigantic like the old stadium was, but big enough where a good amount of people will come fill it up. I imagine a good size crowd that comes to watch the All wheels extreme show is roughly around 500 people. That's just my guess.

I'm hoping now that the AWE stadium is gone, management can get some painting equipment in that location to redo Wicked Twister's supports :(which are beyond faded and peeling) and also to touch up the yellow track. :)

I think AWE pulled in way more than 500 people on most days. I'd estimate it was pulling in around 1500 people.

It pulled in good numbers most days...really good numbers. While it was the most popular show in the park, I would bet the show will be dark next season or we'll see a smaller version of it until they get a new venue of their own. My guess is for next year the old location of the stadium will become a smaller, more open entertainment venue for smaller acts like those choirs and school groups that would sing under the stadium in the past. I also wouldn't be shocked to see the backstage area of the old stadium remain in place for storage purposes. I found it odd that in the pictures of the stadium demolished, the backstage building remained standing.

^Perhaps they have left some functional structures of the facility and are "rebuilding" rather than removing it & replacing it with a ride or something. Perhaps they are refashioning it as an entertainment venue where they can have multiple style of events such as AWE, choirs, bands, shows, view fireworks. Perhaps they can move some of the Luminosity Stage acts there too as that area near Iron Dragon is narrow & cramped. It is extremely hard to navigate thru when something popular is being performed, Perhaps the new boardwalk & stage area will be top notch, can't wait to see the end product.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service