Coastermania 2013

Does anyone know when the dates for Coastermania 2013 will be announced?

It seems to me it was sometime around March last year. I really need to know if it's going to be a one day event in July again, or if it is going back to early June for the weekend like it was in years past.

I have to say, they do a pretty terrible job when it comes to releasing these dates. Not only do the dates become available too late, but they can't even tell you when the date will be announced. I would think that planning an event like this would require the dates be known far, far in advance.

It was announced a few weeks ago. We've shared it here and on social media. It's been share by coaster groups and other websites. It's also on the front page of this website. :)

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

Ouch, Walt. ;)

Let me just say...

1. I did not see a thread on here when I did a search about Coastermania 2013.

2. I do not visit the front page of this site, I have the forums bookmarked.

3. I am a member of GOCC and have heard nothing from them about it.

4. I do not participate in social media (personal choice, privacy issues with my occupation).

5. Cedar Point has nothing about Coastermania 2013 on their site. The only references I found were for 2012.

I don't really visit any other coaster sites, but probably need to start doing so.

Anyway, too bad it's only a one day event, but I'll definitely be there, especially with the fact Ohio schools are still in session that day = awesome!

I doubt the film festival will ever return. Though I guess it's for the better since I would probably just win them all. :D

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

I thought that was unique about that Coaster Mania. That and everyone was getting excited everytime Windseeker was testing. I wish it would return, but if they were to do it, now would be the perfect time to announce it. Adam, I think you would win a second time if they had it!

I find it odd that it's on Friday the 7th. Aren't a lot of schools still in then? I know the Mentor Public Schools are still in session...

Glad I was in the class of 2012 though :) So I don't have to worry about it.

I'm surprised most schools are still in session. Next year all the schools in my county are switching to ending in May.

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

Other than a few years, it has always been on the first Friday in June.
2004 it shifted because of ACE Convention
2012 it shifted because of ACE Spring Conference

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

Shawn Meyer said:
I think you would win a second time if they had it!

Second time? It'd be my THIRD win if there was another. ;)

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

I agree with MaverickLaunch that I was unaware a date had been set. I have not seen it till you mentioned it was on the front page. I have not seen it listed anywhere else. So I am guessing there are no more details than the date. So will it be just Jun 7 a one day event or will it go on to the 8th as it had for a while? We did not make it for the one day event last year so not sure how that went.

Ok, contacted CP and they confirm it is a one day event only again and will be June 7. Other details still coming....

So, the lesson to be learned here is - don't skip the home page. :)

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

SSL488 said:
I find it odd that it's on Friday the 7th. Aren't a lot of schools still in then? I know the Mentor Public Schools are still in session...

Glad I was in the class of 2012 though :) So I don't have to worry about it.

That is odd. I know some of my friends would probably like to go to it but we have school. My last day is Thursday, June 13th.

thrillsawait.weebly.com
Top 5 CP Coasters: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. Millennium Force 3. Maverick 4. Dragster 5. Magnum
Coaster Count: 102

Hooray for getting out on May 31!

Lucky! But you probably start the school year a little earlier.

thrillsawait.weebly.com
Top 5 CP Coasters: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. Millennium Force 3. Maverick 4. Dragster 5. Magnum
Coaster Count: 102

I get out May 25, thank goodness.

No worries I have been watching for the release dates for coastermania for weeks as well and haven't been able to find them online. I keep pulling up information for 2012. I had heard through the grapevine that it is only going to be one day again but wanted to find the official event page.

Though it isn't updated yet, this will be the event page:
http://www.cedarpoint.com/events-calendar/coastermania
Bryan Edwards has mentioned at several off season events already that it would be a one day event on Friday June 7th. Every coaster will be part of either the morning or evening ERT.

As an aside, Coasting for Kids will be Sunday June 9th. So, I'll be up there all weekend anyway.

Jason Hammond said:
Every coaster will be part of either the morning or evening ERT.

There still will be both morning and evening ert correct?

Yes

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service