Coastermania 2006

My wife and I are flying all the way from Washington State just for Coastermania (OK; we're going to see a couple of other sights as well...but CP is the primary reason).

It will be my first time to Cedar Point ever. Hope the weather cooperates because last I checked it said rain off and on all day Friday!

I will be there too. This is my first coastermania and visit to cedar point. I can't wait. Drivng in from Iowa on thursday night so I won't be getting any sleep.

Leaving at 2 am from Ann Arbor, Riding until the park opens to the GP, and then sleeping for a bit at our hotel. Then back in the park around 6 or so.

Is it Friday yet!!!!??!?!?!?

I'm driving all the way from Cleveland!!! ;)

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

Since MF is part of ERT and du to it's current state, will they start up something else if it is down on Friday?

At least if it rains the crowds will be minimal and we can get some walk-ons...

Hmm... wish my family actually liked rides, and let me get a coaster club membership. Alas... at least I'll be there for the weekend, though. :)

ERT on Wild Cat if MF is down ;)

Any word yet on MF and TTD as of now? Does it look like they'll be ready for ERT on Friday?

coasterking39 said:
Hey Josh, we met you last year when we were getting in line for Millie. We will look for you and be sure to say hi.

You were also the one who said hi to me in the station the other day, right? I remember you from last year, I believe you were wearing a rainsuit and first in line for the ride to reopen at the entrance right? Haha.

2005/2006: Cedar Point - Millennium Force
2007/2008/2009: Walt Disney World - Magic Kingdom - Tomorrowland Speedway
2008: Hard Rock Park - Maximum RPM! Opening Supervisor
2008/2009: Universal Orlando - Men in Black: Alien Attack Team Leader, Guest Services Coordinator

Yep, that was my girlfriend and I. I didn't know if you remembered that. That was her son that got on MF with me on Sunday. Keep up the great work on MF and we'll see you at Coastermania.

Well as of now it looks like I'll be working for the ERT... and mostly likely for the whole day. Wow. If anyone wants to bring like a bottle of water or some gatorade or like a steak or something that would be great. :)

2005/2006: Cedar Point - Millennium Force
2007/2008/2009: Walt Disney World - Magic Kingdom - Tomorrowland Speedway
2008: Hard Rock Park - Maximum RPM! Opening Supervisor
2008/2009: Universal Orlando - Men in Black: Alien Attack Team Leader, Guest Services Coordinator

Wow, it's going to be a long day for you. We talked to a ride op on Maxair last year that worked all day and the night time ERT. He seemed like he was really enjoying it. We would be glad to bring you guys a drink but if you're in the loading station they won't let us in.

Ill be there, I hope I see you all!

I'm excited for Coastermania, I'll be going by myself again this year, but hope to run into some people that I know and meet more regulars.

Hmm...

Hve fun with the CoasterMania event tomorrow, all. Can't say I'll join you, however I still think I'll go to the park tomorrow. This was the year I was gonna do CM, but not securing a membership card in time canned that idea. Oh well, always next year.

See ya all at the park?

-nesdude

Leaving now... see you all in the morning.

For the photo contest, are we alowed to submit more than one photo?

I thought it was two last year, but the flyer says "photograph."

I won't be able to make it this year, but if someone takes some photos of ERT, the picnic or Q&A, and doesn't mind sharing them, let me know. I may be able to use them.

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

I am not able to make it either. :(

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service