Coastermania 2006

The girlfriend and I will be there...but not at 4:30 in the morning like last year. No reason to stand and wait for an hour and a half before they open the gates, and then wait another half hour to be let in the park, and then another half hour for TTD to actually let people in line.

Jeff Young

I'll be there for my first Coastermania! Can't wait!

My wife and I will be there. I think we'll show up around between 5-5:30, the later the better. I don't care if I have to wait a little to check in, we just don't want to end up standing around as long as we did last year waiting. Of course who knows, my wife says that now, but she had a good time despite what she says while spending that time talking and meeting interesting people - some of which we still hang out with now.

cyberdman

CoasterMania '06 and CoasterEXT '06 :)
My 8th CM and 2nd CExt!

You can guarantee Raptor Jo and her hubby will be there! We've had our hotel reservations for both events for weeks! Can NOT wait!! :)

Jo
Lifetime Raptor flights: 1080 :)
Lifetime Skyhawk flights: 17 :)

It's all about getting around the barrels, or over the fences, right leads, no faults, fastest time and looking pretty when done. What's so hard about that?

We'll be at Breakers Thursday & Friday night - we are leaving Erie, PA at 8 or 9 in the evening and making the drive. I know we won't get much sleep, but we can make up for that Friday afternoon for a few hours. We've already been over twice this summer, but I can't wait anyway!

We too will be at the Breakers on Thurs. & Friday, coming over from Peoria, IL. We can't wait! Is it June 1 yet? We will also be going to CoasterEXT on Sat. It will be our first trip to GL so we are looking forward to that as well.

Staying at B&E as well... we should all meet up.

Leaving Saturday to go look at apartments in NYC! I cannot wait for that weekend.

I'll be there in the morning and then working in the afternoon!

2005/2006: Cedar Point - Millennium Force
2007/2008/2009: Walt Disney World - Magic Kingdom - Tomorrowland Speedway
2008: Hard Rock Park - Maximum RPM! Opening Supervisor
2008/2009: Universal Orlando - Men in Black: Alien Attack Team Leader, Guest Services Coordinator

Hey Josh, we met you last year when we were getting in line for Millie. We will look for you and be sure to say hi.

Wifey and I will be there for our 6th CM. Always a good time. See you all there!

Quick question - I gather from the brochure that even if we are staying on point we still must enter at the main gate rather than the resort gate for Coastermania. If that's the case is it best to drive back up to the main parking lot or does the shuttle bus run that early?

The shuttle runs that early. We took it last year.

Thanks Schureman for that info - I was not looking forward to relocating the family truckster at 5:00 a.m.

Ok. Excuse my ignorance, but how do you get into Coastermania? Somewhere I read something about belonging to a coaster club or something? Does anyone know how you get into a club or where on the net I can find info? I have a season pass and would love to go to this coastermania thing. Sounds great. Thanks to any for some info.

Nothing is more priceless than seeing the face of my 9 year old daughter the first time she ever rode a big roller coaster.

Check out this thread for more info.

Goodbye MrScott

John

"CoasterMania! ‘06 tickets can only be purchased by guests presenting a current, valid and official membership card from a recognized amusement park industry club or roller coaster club. You may purchase a ticket for one guest who is not a club member."

http://www.pointbuzz.com/news.htm?id=811

Valid clubs include CoasterBuzz Club, American Coaster Enthusiasts, Great Ohio Coaster Club, and others, but it's probably too late at this point to join a club and expect a membership card in time. Maybe you can find someone will take you as their guest.

*** Edited 5/25/2006 6:33:15 PM UTC by Walt***

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

I'll be there and at CoasterEXT on Saturday, my first year going to either. I'm up for having some kind of a Pointbuzz meetup if anyone wants to plan something. Looking forward to a great time at CP and GL. *** Edited 5/26/2006 2:56:26 AM UTC by Coasterfan***

-Paul

I'll take a guest for a few hundred bucks. :)

My sister & I are both ACE members & we're going alone at this point, so we could possibly get two in as guests.

Hope Millie and Dragster are ready for ERT on Friday... It didn't look good today. I'm sure though that CP is doing everything they can so Coastermania turns out well so i'm not going to be concerned about it. My girlfriend and I will be heading up there Thursday after work and we can't wait.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service