Closing Day 2005

bholcomb said:
You will be able to tell who I am by my dorky looks and my nerdy radio.

Also, I'm the not-so-tall guy wearing the Millennium Force hat. That tall guy is Tony.

I will also have on my Millennium Jacket! See you this weekend Ben. Oh by the way I can only gurantee myself to be on last ride Sunday night. Last year was a disaster!

MF Circuits=3,011(272)

This will be my first closing day. I usually like to hit the Halloweekends earlier, as I'm not a huge fan of the cold! This weekend is looking pretty nice so far--I can handle 50's and sunshine.

It'll still be cold. 50's and sunshine with some wind still gets cold after being outside all day! Dress warm.

I'm hoping the weather forecast stays calling for Nice Weather.

raptorqueen said:

I really hope there isn't a issue like the one in 2003 at TTD with EVERYONE not cooperating and wanting to be on the last train of the night (even though they wouldn't fit). That really got Park Ops and the TTD crew upset.

I was there!!! There was a huge group of people in blue coats and none of them would move to get in line. One of the ops forced me into the 3rd to last train. That was great tho, the ops were getting so mad.

Last year on MF, it wasn't as bad. *** Edited 10/25/2005 1:03:01 AM UTC by ejh1701***

Trip Count 2003: 13 2004: 24 2005: 22 2006: 25 2007: 25

If I win the WWL Last Ride Contest, you can bet I'll be there =)

<3Mav

Ahhh I wanna go so bad.

We'll miss you MrScott and Pete

Thats true though, last ride of the year on MF or WWL? And can you really actually consider the WWL contest to be the last actual "public ride?" Of course the winner of the contest will get the last ride or whatever, but its officially closed to the public right before Tony/Tyler.

Ben,
I'm worried that the nice weather forecast is going to draw people out. I wish it would lay off the sunshine a bit and lean towards overcast.

Goodbye MrScott

John

I'll be there - I'll either be wearing Hollister or Abercrombie. If it's not too cold I'll have shredded jeans.

You'll know me when you see me... I'll be the preppy guy waiting for Millennium Force...

-josh

My last MF ride will probably be in the morning on Sunday. I want to ride before it gets packed.

October 13 - Finally!

Top Thrill Dragster - 15
Millennium Force - 15

I think I'll be attending solo on Sunday, can't find anyone else to go. Hubby is going Friday night with me, but I know I can't talk him into going again on Sunday.

I'd love to meet up with some of you. I usually run into Raptor Dave, and I'll meet up with him if I see him. If anyone else would like to meet up or just say hi, let me know.

Benjamin said:
My last MF ride will probably be in the morning on Sunday. I want to ride before it gets packed.

The line never really gets packed on closing day anyways.

Shhh...

Brandon

Tony said:
Last year was a disaster!

Oh my. That was funny looking back on it.
I think I was a couple seats behind you. We all board the train... I think it w red. All of a sudden a few of us on the train notice there are still people in the station. I've never seen people get out of a coaster train so fast in my life.

..and then it went down mechanical. Many people were willing to camp out in that station until they got it fixed. I never did see any maintenance people areound it when it went down. They transferred that train off and started sending trains again. I'm actually glad it went "down". A bunch of people behind us who thought they were getting the last ride ended up getting the 2nd to last ride since a bunch of us moved back to the station and sat/stood against the wall.

It always seems like they try their hardest to keep people from getting the last ride.

See you guys Sunday for the last ride of the season on MF.

I'll be heading to Geauga Lake Saturday afternoon and then go to the South Shore Inn Saturday night and may hit CP before closing.

I'll be at CP open to close Sunday. I HOPE to be wearing my newly acquired BANSHEE t-shirt on the outside of some type of sweater !!!!

So yeah, where was the pointbuzz partay at?? I didn't see nobody. I made last ride, anyone else?

I was there. I saw Tony and Ben there too. I got the 2nd to to last ride even though I was guarenteed the last ride along with the other 35 people that were there. I was forced on the 2nd to last train.

Season Pass Holder-2003/2004/2005/2006

Who exactly "guaranteed" you the last ride? The only time I've ever seen a "guaranteed" seat is when they do a red cross auction for new rides.

Yeah, there's no such thing as a "guarantee". What would you have done if they hadn't been able to fix the trouble light and the ride didn't come back up?

I still find it hilarious that the one lady got up in my face and was shaking her fists at me and flicking me off. Some people get so worked up over trivial ****, and it really is amusing for the rest of us...

-Josh

Hell yeah for the last train of 2005! I was second row...it was pretty amazing... Other than that, Jethro and I had a fun day riding almost everything, except for Mantis...sorry, man...that ride just doesn't do it for me... But, it was cool to actually see these people in person (Ben, Tony (yeah, Tony, I knew that you had ridden MF 1,100 times...I'm not a noob!), DBCP, and Carrie, who is just like my aunt btw) but anyways, all I gotta say is....ORTHOPEDIC BOOT!!!

Last public train of 2005 on MF!

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service