Cedar Point 2013

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

Not sure if this is true or not, but I heard that Apollo's Chariot was the first B&M without seat belts. It opened in '99.

Let's Get Weird.

It seems with few exceptions, that most looping B&M rides have seat belts, whereas hyper variety do not. Flyers are unique in that they have locking pins for the hip bar, which acts as the secondary backup that a seat belt would normally provide.

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD. said:
Not sure if this is true or not, but I heard that Apollo's Chariot was the first B&M without seat belts. It opened in '99.

They were the first with the Diamondback type restraints.

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

I love the Diamondback! I wish they would put one like that in Cedar POint!!!Just a thought!

Life is like a rollercoaster! It is full of ups and downs

Tennessee_CP_Fan said:
I'm pretty sure that CP never marketed GateKeeper as the tallest. Everything I have seen states "Longest Drop".

Why does CP say it will be the longest drop? It's a part of the inversion, which I think it should be called 170ft diving loop. Right?

dsloban said:
I love the Diamondback! I wish they would put one like that in Cedar POint!!!Just a thought!

They kinda did in 89 (Magnum)

But the restraints on Diamondback are very comfortable. I like those quite a bit

i was look at cedar point pagoda cam and it look like there bring something in .

Ya I see flat bed trucks in the parking lot. I'm sure they're close to track installation.

there alot of flat bed trucks there today . cant wait to see what going on.

I can't tell what is on the other trucks, but those 2 low boys on the screen now are for hauling heavy equipment, not track or supports.

Nick

Just looked at the cam and there are cranes at the point, and I am not talking the bird type either!

Do you guys happen to have saved screen shots from earlier? I was at work and didn't see this.

Why is the picture for the headline on the main page nowhere on the site?

The smaller crane was unloading the bigger crane parts. Just go to Sankusky Register..Com to see the pics!!!

do we know if any other ride is coming to cp other than gatekeeper

Umm, anybody else think not tearing up the parking lot before pouring the footers is not a good sign? I've never seen a parking lot be torn up AFTER they pour footers.

This looks like a Six Flags construction site.

Cedar Fair has a history of park reclamation from parking lots they build rides over.

And do you really think a former Disney-head will make this area look like Six Flags? I bet Matt looks at Six Flags daily and laughs laughs laughs.

I hope so. I don't like the look of parking coasters

The Crystal Method is the only way to find The Winner!

I bet the current Six Flags CEO looks at the parking lot coaster at Magic Mountain and laughs. He wasn't in charge then.

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service