Cedar Point 2013

The blue supports are not to attach the lift catwalks. If you look at them closer, you can clearly see they are regular supports.

Hey! Cedar Point's Google street view images are up now. I know what I'm doing all night.

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

They obviously have to know by now what the station will look like . I wish they would tell us.

Let's Get Weird.

Maybe there won't be a station O.o You just have to jump on and off... sort of like White Water Landing's setup.

^Haha wouldn't that be fun to watch...

thrillsawait.weebly.com
Top 5 CP Coasters: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. Millennium Force 3. Maverick 4. Dragster 5. Magnum
Coaster Count: 102

I hope they design the station so that it has some kind of theme to it. Most the rides just have a "steel beams holding up a plain roof" type of style. I would like to see something like Griffon at BGW.

Well I've never commented before but I have followed this site ever since the millennium, which is my favorite in the park. I've been following this ride just as much and I think why wouldn't the blue supports be part of the towers in the front gate. I'm sure there will be supports inside those towers, which will eventually be covered. Just my opinion on why there are blue supports. What do you guys think?

Ok I just looked up Wild eagle at Dollywood and found out the height of the lift hill. It's 210 feet tall. CP has said that GK will be the tallest winged coaster at 170 feet, but wild eagle is taller, actually. I'm confused.

The drop is only 135 feet from the top of the lift. It's built on a hill, and the station is at the bottom of the hill. Most of the ride is up on a "mountain" in the center of the park, surrounded on all sides by midways.

I took this photo standing under the lift, which is nearly the top.

Last edited by Jeff,

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

I am going to hazard a guess and say that they are for the station. Both these and the smaller white supports have two footer flanges and a spine connection flange on them. I think the smaller white supports would be for the end brake run, and because they appear to be the same height as the blue supports I think that the two will be along the same straight section of track.

R.I.P. Mr. Scott

I'm pretty sure that CP never marketed GateKeeper as the tallest. Everything I have seen states "Longest Drop".

Also, Jeff's photo can put to rest any speculation that the dark blue supports are for the catwalks on the lift hill.....those on Wild Eagle are clearly different than the ones in Batavia.

Nick

I don't know if I'm correct, but I was thinking that maybe the blue supports are for a B&M Sitting Coaster. Track with the label "SC" was spotted at the plant in July but it was never known where it was going.

http://www.screamscape.com/html/bm_track_0.htm
http://www.screamscape.com/html/bm_track_1.htm
http://www.screamscape.com/html/bm_track_2.htm
http://www.screamscape.com/html/bm_track_3.htm

For anyone who has been on a wing coaster, do the restraints lock in variable positions like Wicked Twister, or do they click into certain positions like Raptor?

It locks like raptor. It also doesn't include seatbelts. The restraints are like a light set of straps that are like an over the shoulder restraints inside of the main restraint which is more like over the shoulder bars with a lap restraint together.

I Miss the Pirate ride.

^ You sure about that? X Flight's restraints have no discernible clicks, and there are definitely seatbelts.

^No matter what type of B&M coaster, all B&M restraints have "clicks", you just can't hear it.

Last edited by Dom497,

You sure on that? Intamin has been using a hydraulic system on some of their restraints for a long time. I wonder if B&M doesn't have something like that on some of their rides.

I believe B&M started using "double safe" restraints on some rides a few years ago, meaning they have a double fail safe mechanism. This allows rides like Diamondback at Kings Island to not have seat belts because CF always wants a fail safe. Too bad Mantis doesn't have it!

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

Well I like how Mantis is set-up though. Just for the fact in case the restraint pops-up you can hold it down until it comes back to the station.

Are the Wing Coaster restraints like Maverick in terms of the way they come down and can get tighter as the ride goes on?

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

Chuck Wagon said:
You sure on that? Intamin has been using a hydraulic system on some of their restraints for a long time. I wonder if B&M doesn't have something like that on some of their rides.

I believe B&M started using "double safe" restraints on some rides a few years ago, meaning they have a double fail safe mechanism. This allows rides like Diamondback at Kings Island to not have seat belts because CF always wants a fail safe. Too bad Mantis doesn't have it!

B&M is actually triple safe...I know that on the hyper coasters the computer system will not allow the train to be dispatched if a restraint is not atleast 3 clicks down. You can tell that the restraints are "clickable" when you bring down the restraint a little and then it goes back up slightly (just came back from wonderland and I can hear the clicks on Leviathan)

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service