Cedar Point 2013

Phantom 1898 said:
Maybe it's "Go-Away Green" as Disney calls it.

It's been painted for at least a month. And yeah, that's what I was thinking when I first saw it too!

Looks a little bright for it to be "go-away green".

Miss_Maverick07 said:
They are probably going to do it Cedar fair style. They will keep the food stands there, but....only open one section, and have boards over the other windows and use those for storage.

They will hire one food employee because everyone else has been stationed at the all new Gatekeeper platform and as sweeps. People will line up for food and see that not only the menu has only 3 things on it, but also the food employee can barely run the place, and it takes 20 minutes to get what you ordered. The line will be long, and people will push through people on their way to get on gatekeeper.

As for the tables, they will put in a few, and it won't be enough for the amount of people wanting to sit and eat/rest. :)

I see you're undecided on the issue; say how you really feel. Sorry had to laugh when I read this ^. Remains to be seen I guess.
Anyhow, the games prize storage building was painted green on 2 sides right before the weekend of Aug.24th (few days before DT was completely torn down).
I hope to God they update the food stands also as they do look outdated. I agree new buildings would look nicer but some new paint can do wonders. Maybe they'll call it "Gatekeeper Grub" who knows? I'm a little surprised they were kept also but there is enough room. I just think the boards are over the windows currently to protect the glass. A new fence/trees will be put along the left side of those food stands stretching toward the beach (kind of like before when DT was there). PS: Thanks Walt for the new Oct 2 construction pics and video! Very nice.

Last edited by CPfan1976,

Does anyone have any pictures of this? I don't remember seeing this unless I walked right by it which I'm sure I did.

Of what exactly? You can see everything that was mentioned in the October 2nd photo update.

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

I was referring to the green wall everyone was talking about. I found it, thank you Adam! :)

I would imagine that somewhere alongside the food stands we'll also see a ride exit/ride photo/gift shop area... much like CF has done with Diamondback and Maverick. I can't remember, do they sell any gifts in the STR post-ride photo area?

Giant Wheel alum from a loooong time ago.

I wonder if they will have a train model for Gatekeeper like they do for MF, Maverick and TTD.

Don't want to assume anything but looking at the webcam there are two support-like things just to the left of that white tent. Not sure exactly what they are.

Yea, it looks like they have started taking delivery.

Oh lord, why is it so blue? lol

^ gatekeeper track is supposed to be blue :)

btw, what are the dark blue support sections for? I know the track is meant to be blue, but I thought the supports were all white.

^ I was wondering the same thing about the supports. I was thinking that they are the supports for the turn right when the coaster leaves the station. Or maybe the station supports.

The running rails are definitely darker than the animation. Are they just going a few shades darker so they can let it fade to the proper color? :)

The pictures are great! Thanks for posting them! In one of the pictures it looks like there are two unpainted sections in the background done and ready to be painted.

It will fade on its own, just give it 5 years.

CPAlumni said:
I can't remember, do they sell any gifts in the STR post-ride photo area?

I can't remember, but they *should* sell replica hand pumps like the ones the crew use in the STR station. :)

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

Looks great!

When you visit CP, visit my Mill, est. 1835

Love the colors, very sharp looking track.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

Are some supports going to be a different color, a la Diamondback?

Brandon

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service