A New Start For 2007!

Mmm, breakfast! :)

^^^ FYI, wikipedia has an army of dedicated webmaster types, all for the sole purpose of verifying information, editing graffiti, and ensuring the quality of the site. I find it more useful than most other encyclopedias, including grolier, worldbook, and americana.

The AL Wildcard will come from the AL Central, and it wont be the Twins.

Remember, Remember the 5th of November.

You saved my life that day brother, so that I could save yours- 4 8 15 16 23 42

Birthdaymania 06- Ride On!

One of Wiki's many problems are those volunteers, their lack of editorial experience, lack of knowledge or inexperience with an article's subject manner, and the politics that are unfortunately in play behind-the-scenes. There are plenty of articles and commentaries out there that go into a variety of other problems (accuracy, etc.)

I'm not saying Wiki is completely worthless, but you can't take whatever article you're reading and assume it's absolutely correct.

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

It's on the Internet. With merely the right resources, anyone can edit it. So you're saying that your system is so secure that absolutely no one can go into the database and alter posts? Hmm...

You are supposed to give your sources when you edit things so you can check the sources to see if it is right.

What I'm saying is, no matter where you see something on the internet you have to realize it could be falsified. Servers get hacked all the time, I know, my dad has a stack of over 20 of them in a data center in Southfield.

The real point is that the internet in general has made serious research both more convenient and more difficult at the same time.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service