2017 Employees

Something to keep in mind, it's your crew that will make or break your summer, not the ride. I've had a few friends work Snake in the past, and they've all loved it. Also, your supervisor is awesome.

Welcome to the park, you're going to have a great summer!

2015 - Ride Host: Shoot the Rapids 2016 - Team Leader: Ripcord/Challenge Golf 2017 - Supervisor: Thunder Canyon 2018 - Supervisor: Camp Snoopy 2019 - Supervisor: Power Tower

Hi everyone! I'm excited to announce that this will be my 7th summer at Cedar Point as a roller coaster enthusiast! I can't wait to sprint to rides that I've been on hundreds of times with all of you around, especially when it's close to close so I can get those last rides in before y'all go home for the day. It'll be a great year to make countless memories, like telling you how many parks I've been to, my favorite rides, and all sorts of facts about the very rides you work. Proud to be a ride warrior for yet another season!

/Sarcasm ;)

Corkscrew, Power Tower, Magnum, & Monster/ Witches Wheel Crew 2011

thedevariouseffect said:

Hi everyone! I'm excited to announce that this will be my 7th summer at Cedar Point as a roller coaster enthusiast! I can't wait to sprint to rides that I've been on hundreds of times with all of you around, especially when it's close to close so I can get those last rides in before y'all go home for the day. It'll be a great year to make countless memories, like telling you how many parks I've been to, my favorite rides, and all sorts of facts about the very rides you work. Proud to be a ride warrior for yet another season!

/Sarcasm ;)

I feel it cannot be worse than working at Khol's.... You meet some interesting people(?) there.

You must not see the typical enthusiast crowd...

Stuff like this does indeed exist...there's a fan club for one crazed enthusiast: https://www.facebook.com/groups/726089337482112/

You see some really creepy stuff happen from some enthusiasts at the park. Some also have the stench of literally never bathing..ever...That guy is probably the worst.

JDhalfs, you will have a great summer. I never worked that ride, but some of my friends did. When you are loading the boats, remember 4 people per row. Again I never worked that Ride, but one position you sit at the very top of the lift hill underneath the covered tunnel that surrounds the first trough, and spiel to the boats as they start to go down the drop. Not sure if they have changed it or not, but you will be scheduled to help with traffic control at Luminosity, (but that's only if you are on the closing shift). If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask, I will be happy to help the best that I can.

Last edited by Jake10,

Jake Padden
13-Tiques/Wave Swinger
12-Camp Snoopy; Tiques/Wave Swinger
11-CP & LE Railroad Platform; Cedar Creek Mine Ride; Tiques/Wave Swinger

thedevariouseffect said:

You must not see the typical enthusiast crowd...

Stuff like this does indeed exist...there's a fan club for one crazed enthusiast: https://www.facebook.com/groups/726089337482112/

You see some really creepy stuff happen from some enthusiasts at the park. Some also have the stench of literally never bathing..ever...That guy is probably the worst.

This is great. lmao.

So now it's PegRAVNkeeper?

ROUNDABOUND.

Apparently she is now enamored by Valravn. I saw her a number of times last summer standing by the entrance of Valravn close to closing the get that all important enthusiast last ride. Probably next summer she will call herself PegRMCkeeperRAVN.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

Am I the only "enthusiast" that hates how enthusiasts line up at the ride exit at closing trying to fill seats on those last couple trains?

No.

Nope...I'm the enthusiast that would rather walk back to my hotel room without budging through a closing crowd than ride a ride I've ridden once or twice that day right at close. I'm tired, it's a long day, and being honest, those kids want to go home too. One thing I couldn't stand was closing marathons...

Does that make us anti-enthusiasts?

ROUNDABOUND.

Who hi-jacked this thread? I thought it was for employees to introduce themselves and tell where they were working. The hi-jacker should have started a new thread.

I did by posting a /sarcasm response, cause sarcasm.

Now it's turned into others posting here. Welcome to the off season, where the topic derails and the thread subject doesn't matter.

Josh,

My first season in rides was on Snake River Falls. It's a wonderful ride. Your leadership is Danny (Supervisor) and Jacob (Team Leader). If you're on Facebook look up '2017 Cedar Point Park Operations' you'll get to know your crew and others in your area (Area 3) I will be across the way at Antique Cars and Wave as a Team Leader. Welcome to Cedar Point. I hope you enjoy your first season in rides as much as I did!

Area 3 Sweep '14
Snake River Falls '15
Maverick '16
Antique Cars/Wave Swinger TL '17
Skyhawk '18

This will be my first summer working at the Point. I got hired in rides and was assigned to the Skyride.

Hey Kyle I'm Karly and I'm at Sky Ride too this year, nice to meet you! We have a facebook group already if you want to be in it feel free to add me :)

We just had a local who is a supervisor in some capacity at Cedar Point come in to our Sandusky office to pay rent on her apartment. I didn't speak with her myself, but apparently this person told my co-worker that there are a lot of former CP foreign workers who were unable to get their work visas renewed (which may or may not be the result of our new President's policies depending on which side you believe) and that the park might be short staffed as a result of this. I don't personally know this to be true, so take that with a grain of salt, but if true I wonder how that might impact the park and the local/regional work force's opportunities.

Proud to have fathered a second generation coaster enthusiast destined to keep me young at heart and riding coasters with a willing partner into my golden years!

Could also tie in to the other thread on the H-2B visa cap being reached early this year.

Right - I just now found that International Employees thread and my comments above would have been more appropriate in that one that this...

Proud to have fathered a second generation coaster enthusiast destined to keep me young at heart and riding coasters with a willing partner into my golden years!

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service