2017 Dining Plan

The friend I went with yesterday is vegetarian, and that can pose challenges at an amusement park. For lunch we did Johnny Rockets (which would never be my personal choice) and for dinner we did Melt.
Melt was a disaster with 1/2-45 wait and tons of open tables. There's clearly a staffing problem there, which our sweet waitress wearily admitted to us. My friend got the mushroom cheese sammich and I tried the fish which was terrible.
I'm from Columbus so I can get Melt anytime, so....

Thanks RCMAC for this post, I've been reading all the great things about Melt since the rumored arrival at CP was first up. But I have been hesitant about making the CP Melt my first visit to one, as CP has a deserved reputation for failing chains quality/service standards.

So far on here there have been, what I was concerned would be rose-colored-glasses, reviews of the parks Melt that were glorious and amazing.

I am from Wisconsin and we are spending a week on-point in July. After reading this I will go with my original instinct to hold off to visit a Melt when I have a wedding in Cleveland the weekend after our CP trip.

Last edited by XS NightClub,

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

My family ate at Famous Dave's at the Marina this weekend (our first time) and we loved it.

NIce break from the park, but just a short walk outside the Valravn gate.

Our BBQ was great. We split the feast and it was plenty of food for us.

Service was quick and friendly.

Brian,Favorite flat: MaxAirFavorite coaster: Millennium Force

We experienced a similar wait at Melt on Sunday. I ordered the Cleveland Cheesesteak and my daughter ordered the kids meal pizza. My sandwich was just ok, and my daughter couldn't even finish as she didn't like it. I tried her's and the sauce they used wasn't great. I thought the Cleveland Cheesesteak was lacking flavor overall, with the brisket being bland, and none of the promised garlic flavor from the mushrooms.

Pete said:
Did the park close at 8:00pm on the day you went to Famous Dave's? If so, that may be why. I'm pretty sure Famous Dave's stays open until 10:00pm on days the park is open until 10pm or later.

It was just this past Friday & Saturday... Park closed at 10pm. Granted I checked via Google since the app doesn't show what food places are open or closed or hours. It said 11am-8pm every day. Just checked again, now it says 10pm closing every day. Maybe I should've called the restaurant instead.

ROUNDABOUND.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service