2017 Dining Plan

I'm glad to see that advocating, or at least rationalizing, outright theft appears to get you banned from point-buzz ( rippins absurd posts are gone now).
And to the prior post about us not being the CP Police on here, I don't think anyone was out of line or overreacting to the post of abuse of policies that could affect many others. And as is pointed out, park representatives do read these, so maybe the multiple posts could bring attention to something management missed or didn't realize employees training didn't address.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

It doesn't appear that Rippin has been banned.

Last edited by djDaemon,

Brandon

Well maybe our discussions gave him something to think about and he removed his own absurd posts.

No one was banned, and no one other than the original poster removed said posts.

Promoter of fog.

I just heard a story about the owner of a restaurant in Michigan that would call police when people tried to scam their way out of paying the bill by saying the meal was not good. They were threatened with defrauding an innkeeper. I wonder is this would apply to someone using someone else's pass to buy food in Ohio.

Defrauding an Innkeeper, is also the charge that is filed in Wisconsin for people that open a bar tab and skip without closing the credit card tab. It's a very versatile statue that is used to recover payment in the Service Industries.

It's been years since I posted but I thought I'd chime in here. I think the policy is actually to allow guests to redeem any passes for meals. To clarify, I'm not saying the park would condone (nor would I say this includes) redeeming for someone who isn't at the park. In fact, I believe in the TOS for All-Season dining it clearly states that the person must be in the park to get a meal.

With that being said, I think as long as the person is in the park it is OK and I think the employees are actually trained that way. Example: when I go to the park with my parents (who are both in wheelchairs), I go up and get their food. Same when getting food for my kids. I can honestly attest that I've never had even a second glance at any food stand. This is even to the extent that on several occasions when looking through my passes for the correct one, the cashier said, "it doesn't matter which one."

There is no way that training could be so poor that every single food service employee isn't following policy. I think the system is designed as is for reasons listed above in my case for convenience to the guest and overall speed of food service by avoiding unnecessary people crowding up the lines.

Last edited by Scott Cameron,

I don't have a problem with such scenarios, and agree with your reasoning.

What rankled me regarding our friend Rippin was the apparent sense of entitlement regarding the abuse of passes.

I'm a Marxist, of the Groucho sort.

I just wish that Cedar Point would offer food that is actually...While white chicken meat is healthy, it kinda loses it's healthfulness as soon as its breaded and deep fried. A grilled chicken salad would be great. Or at least grilled chicken on a bun that is actually worth the extra carbs like maybe using a pretzel dough bun instead of a plain white one.

Michigan's Adventure even offers a grilled chicken salad (at Coasters). Does CP not?

I thought Frontier Inn offered un-breaded chicken.

Brandon

KI's dining plan offerings are a day and night difference to CP.

CP seems to have a unique ability to make good food bad (in taste and healthfulness).

It would be great if there was some consistency chain wide in food services, however I do think that keeping some standout/unique items to each park is also a good idea, the standard base amusement park food should at least be consistent. And its just peculiar that the flagship park has lackluster food services.

And having to search the parks myriad of food stands to find one with an unbreaded grilled chicken breast is just insane, and then they serve it with a tasteless bun and fries.

Last edited by XS NightClub,

CP certainly has a few really good food options (pinks, famous daves) but i would like to see their in house food be as good as the franchise restaurants. I tried the burger place near raptor last year with my pass and was actually sad and embarrassed for anyone who had to pay for that. I ended up not finishing and getting mr potato instead out of pocket.

Im sure the volume has something to do with the poor quality of food, but if famous daves and pinks can be good, why cant they serve high quality burgers and food at burger patio and other locations? Busch gardens, carowinds, and from what ive seen here kI, do much better jobs.

First ride; Magnum 1994

Agree with the burgers. I like Coaster's better than the regular park burgers and find Johnny Rockets pretty good. Johnny Rockets has some nice options on the meal plan this year, if it is not too crowded that is probably my go to place for a burger in the park. Otherwise Coasters is the next best choice. Still waiting for the fresh, never frozen burgers in the park that Ouimet promised.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

Mmm, Johnny Rocket's. Nothing like a frosty chocolate malt on a hot day. :9

Proud 5th Liner and CP fan since 1986.

Where do you find the menu options for the dining plan on CP's website?

^^Pete, if you want fresh, never frozen burgers I know where you can get them, however I don't think it is quite what you have in mind. Mcdonalds just announced they will serve fresh, never frozen quarter pounders coming soon. You could grab a Mac Jr. on your way in! As to whether they are 100% pure beef from organically grass fed cows i don't think so. Who knows what is in the meat product....

Hey, that is pretty cool, I like McDonald's. To those who thinks McDonald's is worse than other fast food restaurants, compare the ingredients in a Chic fil A chicken patty and a McDonald's buttermilk chicken patty. You will see McDonald's is much simpler with far fewer chemicals.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

Fewer chemicals. LULZ. That's like saying it's almost food. :)

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Anyone have a list of what's on the dining plan this year?

CP Top 5: 1) Steel Vengeance 2) Maverick 3) Magnum 4) Raptor 5) Millennium

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service